Cornwall Football Forum

Roger Fenner RIP

Dave Deacon

I thought I would start this thread following on from social media postings this morning.

I only saw and spent time talking to Roger in the Falmouth committee tea room before the recent Vase game against Longlevens. It was obvious then that he had many big hurdles to get over in the near future health wise, but the sad news of his death this morning has still come as a big shock.

How he must have enjoyed that game!

He was an avid follower of Falmouth Town and also local football in general (in fact football of all levels) and always had time to stop and have a chat about the game. I'll miss those moments.

Very many condolences to his family and close friends.

RIP Roger.

I saw him that day too Dave and you're right he was pretty poorly He'll be sadly missed at Falmouth where he still had enough energy to follow his beloved Falmouth Town.

We shared a passion for Tottenham and always has a groan when we didn't get the result we hoped for and punched the air when we were winning.

God bless him and condolences to his family and friends.

I have been asked by Graham Medlin, chairman of FC Falmouth Town, to post the sad news of the passing away of Mr. Roger Fenner. Roger loved Falmouth Town and football in general. He was a lifetime President of Falmouth Town , having been chairman for many years. Everyone from Falmouth would like to convey their heartfelt condolences to his wife,  Jackie  and his family. 

Very sad news, enjoyed many great memories and away trips with Rog. Would always give you a fair and honest assessment of your performance good or bad!! Did a lot for Town in many different roles and loved the club as much as any of us. Will be going up to be greeted by many fellow Falmouth legends in the sky. Heartfelt condolences to all Rog’s family and many friends. RIP mate 💛🖤