Cornwall Football Forum

Nearest football academy's

Hello

I have recently moved to the Penzance area with my family and am keen to get my eldest son back playing football asap, he is in the under 12s age group and has been involved with professional academy's since the age of 8, i would like him to get straight back into football but am a little vague on where the nearest professionally structured academy is ? I have been told of Mounts bay academy but i would rather he was linked with a Club ? The nearest pro Club i believe is Truro but they don't seem to have an academy and Plymouth is a long drive on a regular basis ! Any help or suggestions are greatly recieved, 

1 hour ago, David187 said:

Hello

I have recently moved to the Penzance area with my family and am keen to get my eldest son back playing football asap, he is in the under 12s age group and has been involved with professional academy's since the age of 8, i would like him to get straight back into football but am a little vague on where the nearest professionally structured academy is ? I have been told of Mounts bay academy but i would rather he was linked with a Club ? The nearest pro Club i believe is Truro but they don't seem to have an academy and Plymouth is a long drive on a regular basis ! Any help or suggestions are greatly recieved, 

Try Mousehole and the Endorsed academy. https://www.mouseholeafc.co.uk/endorsed-programme/

12 minutes ago, David187 said:

Thankyou for the response its apreciated, i have looked at Mousehole but im a little confused as they are a grassroots level Football Club with a professional Academy ? Does look an impressive setup for a localised Club though ?

Thats correct, they have links though with professional club Leeds United. Without travelling to Plymouth thats probably the best you'll get.

Impressive for a localised Club, only been there once lovely little fishing village very picturesque, still a little confused as their academy youth teams play in the local youth leagues ?? So not an academy then if thats the case ? In my experience professional academy's play against other professional academy's not against localised probably volountary run small youth teams ? hopefully i can get hold of someone from Mousehole Fc to clarify 

Or maybe just let him enjoy his football improve with his peers and if he’s good enough he’ll progress!!

welcome to cornwall! We’re out on a limb down here!

Plymouth Argyle do have academies based at Truro College though I believe but not 100% sure in age range 

13 hours ago, David187 said:

Hello

Not sure whether you’ve seen this .... https://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/football/football-news/english-premier-league-leeds-united-1315021.amp?__twitter_impression=true

11 hours ago, David187 said:

Impressive for a localised Club, only been there once lovely little fishing village very picturesque, still a little confused as their academy youth teams play in the local youth leagues ?? So not an academy then if thats the case ? In my experience professional academy's play against other professional academy's not against localised probably volountary run small youth teams ? hopefully i can get hold of someone from Mousehole Fc to clarify 

Hi David187, please Call Matt James & he can answer any questions etc that you have... 07850900706

David, Plymouth Argyle run Long Term Player Development training on a Thursday evening at Brannel School (just outside St Austell) and a Centre of Excellence on a Monday night also at Brannel school. First port of call would be at the LTPD where the boys are assessed and then given a trial at the COE. Although Penzance to St Austell may be a bit too far for you ?