Cornwall Football Forum

2 hours ago, Fish said:

We have all been upset by the Trelawny League pulling the plug on the cup competitions.....very angry.....and yet I look at next weeks Trelawny League FA fixtures and Threemilestone in div 1 have no game!!! Earlier last week we were down to play Culdrose!!

this must mean there is now no fixture backlog if league decides not to Fixture all teams in division a game.....so that MUST mean cup competitions are back on???? ??

come on league....sort it out!!

unless FA website is wrong?

Perhaps you could contact Culdrose and arrange the game if you are both free?

4 hours ago, Fish said:

We have all been upset by the Trelawny League pulling the plug on the cup competitions.....very angry.....and yet I look at next weeks Trelawny League FA fixtures and Threemilestone in div 1 have no game!!! Earlier last week we were down to play Culdrose!!

this must mean there is now no fixture backlog if league decides not to Fixture all teams in division a game.....so that MUST mean cup competitions are back on???? ??

come on league....sort it out!!

unless FA website is wrong?

Have you tried contacting Dave James to get a fixture arranged? Surely that should be your first port of call before the forum?

There are currently four teams in division one with no fixtured game on Saturday. I would like to think each one has contacted Dave to try and get a game sorted.

Mr Fish,

The League are not asking you to arrange your own fixtures, that was suggested by a forum contributor.

As a league officer, I have advised you to get in contact with the Fixtures Secretary, Dave James to get yourself a fixture. It is up to you whose advice you take.

Remember that Dave James is new in his role, which isn't an easy one. All clubs were told at the AGM that this season would have a few hiccups as he learns and settles into his new role. The whole competition cup thing was unfortunate but dripping about it on here isn't going to change anything. All club secretarys were contacted by a contributor in here to demand an SGM to contest the decision... Very little (under four) club's have expressed the desire to call a meeting to discuss the situation - that has quite clearly told us that the club's [although they disapprove] accept the decision.

Again, I would advise you to follow the correct procedure with regards to arranging a fixture - the TMS League Secretary contacts the League's Fixtures Secretary. There will certainly be a reason as to why this game has been rescheduled.

Leagues a joke, won't listen to they clubs,won't even contact the clubs to see their views. They've got this horribly wrong & for whatever reason they won't admit it. Whether it's pride or they are just mad on power. 90% of clubs, players & fans would agree this is a ridiculous decision but they just brush it under the carpet & hope it goes away. 

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

Leagues a joke, won't listen to they clubs,won't even contact the clubs to see their views. They've got this horribly wrong & for whatever reason they won't admit it. Whether it's pride or they are just mad on power. 90% of clubs, players & fans would agree this is a ridiculous decision but they just brush it under the carpet & hope it goes away. 

So why did only 4 people reply to an email regarding a Special General Meeting then?

11 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

So why did only 4 people reply to an email regarding a Special General Meeting then?

I emailed them earlier in the week saying that although I was dissapointed in the decision, I accepted it now that other Trelawny teams showed acceptance by not requesting an AGM. I just hope that this is a lesson learnt and I feel it is an awful shame that the league did not communicate and cooperate with their members. 

I did state as well that is was nothing personal, and I sincerely hope that any efforts made by myself or others were not taken personally. They’ve done a great job in lots of aspects, and I have publicly stated that. 

Dissapointed not to have acknowledgment of my email from them though, yet alone acknowledgment of anything else. 

I did also ask if they had, or knew where I could find, the record of past previous cup winners for each of the cups and if there was any other years in which the cups were not awarded for whatever reason. 

Josh,

Your email, as it was addressed to the Committee, was going to be answered by the committee on Wednesday. Unfortunately, to accommodate myself and Scooby, the meeting has been postponed by a week. I have missed the last four meetings due to being on deployment - I’m on one of the Junior Cup games next week, so I requested that the meeting be held on another day. You’ve not been ignored, I was going to reply to you through an answer from the committee (We speak regularly on Facebook mind, I’m sur enough know my views).

I have been the first to admit that the situation could have been handled a lot better, particularly when referring to how it was announced. Obviously, this will all be spoken about at our next committee meeting.

Please do not get caught in the assumption that we are “mad on power” or just full of “pride” as Mr D has so kindly put it... everything I do in my role, I do for the clubs - always with the best interests of the clubs as my number one priority. I am almost certain I can speak for the majority of the Committee when I say that. 

Feel free to give me a call and discuss things mate, I’m always happy for a chat (none of this 2am booty calling though please - I’ve told you about that before!!)

On 07/03/2018 at 19:41, bighairydave said:

Who was sent the email, as I'm a manager of a Trelawney team & I've certainly not received an email.