Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday May 6 2017

Please feel free to post your postponement, result, goalscorers and post-match comments

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne School of Mines          1-0             St Buryan

Chacewater         3-1       Threemilestone

Penryn Athletic 3rds     1-6         Pendeen Rovers

DIVISION 1

Gwinear Churchtown       2-6         Halsetown

Hayle Reserves     0-4      Stithians

Lanner   1-3             Marazion Blues

DIVISION 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne         1-2     Falmouth Town

Illogan RBL 3rds   7-2         Mawnan Reserves

Wendron United 3rds        P-P       RNAS Culdrose Reserves

DIVISION 3

Lizard Argyle Reserves      0-6          Four Lanes

Probus   H/W  St Just Reserves

DIVISION 4

Ruan Minor      H/W         Four Lanes Reserves

Stithians Reserves  2-2      Penzance Reserves

Looks like Probus have been awarded points as  St Just Reserves can't raise a team in Div 3 match - as St Just first team are playing St Day on 6th they presumably need all their players. 

Shame for Probus as they have an outside chance of overtaking Newyln Lions for league title - but that depends on goal difference and they now get the points but no goals. 

17 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Looks like Probus have been awarded points as  St Just Reserves can't raise a team in Div 3 match - as St Just first team are playing St Day on 6th they presumably need all their players. 

Shame for Probus as they have an outside chance of overtaking Newyln Lions for league title - but that depends on goal difference and they now get the points but no goals. 

Welcome to the real world it's happened to us 2/3 times this season then the following week they play its a regular thing towards end of season when clubs have nothing to play for and cricket season starts. 

Justin - well aware of it mate and know the issues it has raised for your team - as discussed on the forum  

I do know that last week Probus travelled to St Just with a less than full squad to play the game and - St Just Reserves must have been short of players for the game 'with nothing to play for' - as they had to make up their team with first team players. 

No complaints, as you say that's what happens and as long as within the rules (which I'm certain a club like St Just would do), that's recreational football - just frustrating. 

Premier

Chacewater3  Threemilestone 1  h/t 1-1

In front of a good sized crowd,it was Threemilestone who started the best with Ben Pearn giving them the lead.Gradually Chacewater got to grips with the quick visiting players and when Owen Dunstan was brought down,Craig Hitchens made no mistake from the penalty spot.

A long hopeful cross/shot from wide on the right looped in for Chris Pridham early in the second half and Chacewater went on to miss or have saved some good goalscoring chances.Man of the match Sam Dargue beat several defenders,passed to Craig Hitchens whose pass was swept in by Chris Pridham for a late third goal.

Well reffed Jamie Mooney.

Well played Threemilestone.Thanks for coming to the pub,i'm sure you will have a good season next year with those players and we wish you all the best.

3 minutes ago, footballlegend7 said:

So I dunno if I've missed something here but probus awarded 2 points from somewhere now?  Looks like the title could b on its way to probus this year 

St just away 1-1 last week.  Probus awarded 3 points. St Just played an unregistered player .

Frogpool 1 Falmouth 2

Tight game that could of gone either way. Frogpool took the lead against the run of play. Through ball in behind and a cross for martyn Jay to finish. Falmouths movement caused us problems and they got back into it with 2 well taken goals. 2-1 half time. Got back into the game second half and looked the more menacing. Had a succession of corners, hit the bar and missed a couple of chances but it wouldn't fall for us. Ref had a good game. I hope he's enjoying a beer tonight while giving his ears a rest as I've never heard such moaning at every decision as I've seen today lead by their captain. There wasn't even a bad tackle in the game! 

9 minutes ago, Villatim1981 said:

Frogpool 1 Falmouth 2

Tight game that could of gone either way. Frogpool took the lead against the run of play. Through ball in behind and a cross for martyn Jay to finish. Falmouths movement caused us problems and they got back into it with 2 well taken goals. 2-1 half time. Got back into the game second half and looked the more menacing. Had a succession of corners, hit the bar and missed a couple of chances but it wouldn't fall for us. Ref had a good game. I hope he's enjoying a beer tonight while giving his ears a rest as I've never heard such moaning at every decision as I've seen today lead by their captain. There wasn't even a bad tackle in the game! 

That's all well and good but when we are trying to play football and you're only there to kick people and boot the ball out for a throw in it's boring. Plus the fact I'm not sure how you can complain about moaning when bar 1 or 2 your team moaned about every tackle and as for your goalie not sure he had a clue ??.

Div 4

Stithians Reserves 2-2 Penzance Reserves

A good game played in poor conditions due to a fine drizzle. Penzance played some neat passing football whilst Threemilestone were quick on the break. As the game went on, The Magpies started to dominate as their opponents only had 11 players. In fact I have a picture of the Stithians management team, a pile of clothes and waterbottles on the side-line. I also commented that Stithians youngest player was older than our oldest player! There was entertainment for the whole match as a whole group of steam engines (something like 8 of them) of various shapes and sizes spent the time over the hedge going round and round the show-ring tooting and whistling.

One comment, it's a pity the locals don't come out and support their local side as almost every spectator (and there wasn't many) were from Penzance. It must be disheartening to the players who gave their all. 

Illogan 3rds 7-2 Mawnan Reserves 

Ringing around at 11am to get few players in to make 13 including me couldn't of dreamt of putting 7 past a in form Mawnan Reserves, even though they had bunch missing aswell apparently but that's football... In the First 20 minutes we scored 4 goals and Mawnan defensively were all over the place,  but we were very clinical in front of goal and were getting lots of opportunities especially down the wide areas, we continued to dominate and got another one on the half hour mark a set piece found our captain unmarked and he headed home... 5-0 and a minute later we scored again 6-0 Mawnan However  pulled one back when there striker who was lively throughout struck a shot which trickled under our keeper into the net. half time 6-1

Second half after my words of don't be complacent ringing our players ears, we did exactly what I said not too do and dropped off the pace and Mawnan pulled a goal back on hour mark with a header from a free kick which was very well delivered and headed home... Mawnan had lots of the ball and we played on the break not many clear opportunities really either side until few minutes to go Mawnan striker blazed over from 6 yards out with no one around him, and with last kick of game our top scorer Pete Norfolk chipped the Mawnan keeper drom 20-25 yards out just before full time whistle full time 7-2

Well reffed by Grant porterfield didn't really have much to do really!!! Thanks for Mawnan lads coming in after and entering card draw etc much appreciated :)

Goal scorers

Pete Norfolk x2

Mike Barrett x2

Carl Stretton 

Jason Rule 

Robbie Price 

Edited by stokefan1

1 hour ago, justin1 said:

Was thinking the same 

Justin1 / footballlegend7 - it would appear that after the game on 29th the referee identified that a player for St Just Reserves was a first team player who was not signed for the Reserve team. Real shame as nothing in it for St Just Reserves but vital for Probus, that a team would do that - and hard to see how it would be by accodent - As a Reserve team I am sure Probus expected the odd first team player for St Just.

Makes it worse though, especially as on the Combo thread there were comments about how St Just were an up and coming team with great young committee. Never mind though, accidents happen. 

3 hours ago, ian beale said:

That's all well and good but when we are trying to play football and you're only there to kick people and boot the ball out for a throw in it's boring. Plus the fact I'm not sure how you can complain about moaning when bar 1 or 2 your team moaned about every tackle and as for your goalie not sure he had a clue ??.

It's a mans game so if can't appreciate a fair tackle that's your fault. I think we had to appeal everything coz it was getting boring listening to a bunch of kids telling the ref how to do his job. I thought hitting the bar, getting shots cleared off the line and making your keeper pull off a terrific save constitutes good football. Maybe we should go back to just kicking it out for throws ;)

1 minute ago, Villatim1981 said:

It's a mans game so if can't appreciate a fair tackle that's your fault. I think we had to appeal everything coz it was getting boring listening to a bunch of kids telling the ref how to do his job. I thought hitting the bar, getting shots cleared off the line and making your keeper pull off a terrific save constitutes good football. Maybe we should go back to just kicking it out for throws ;)

Your reserves are better than you... enough said. 

4 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Your reserves are better than you... enough said. 

They're a good side for sure. Lots of better footballing sides in our league then you but let's not make this an argument about other teams. Guess you'll be slumming it with us again in div 2 next year. Looking forward to it :)

14 minutes ago, Villatim1981 said:

They're a good side for sure. Lots of better footballing sides in our league then you but let's not make this an argument about other teams. Guess you'll be slumming it with us again in div 2 next year. Looking forward to it :)

Yeah unless they do the right thing and swap you around for the good of football ??

Frogpool 1-2 Falmouth Town Thirds

From what I watched today it was a fairly one sided affair. One sIde trying to play football and one side trying to play long ball. Happy to say the footballing side came out on top?

Falmouth moved the ball well from the start and were unlucky to go 1-0 down, but it was a long ball by frogpool which undid the Falmouth defence and they took the lead.

The response from Falmouth was strong and it took them about 10 minutes to open the frogpool defence with Harry setting up Jago and then vice Versa Jago setting up Harry. The game had switched very quickly. Falmouth were now in control with their defenders playing out from the back and aiding the charge forward. 

The ref called a lot up but did so for both sides so was fair. Frogpool's back four and keeper were moaning at the captain of Falmouth and players for a lot of the game which was interesting because they were the ones kicking bits out of Falmouth! ? I saw one moment when the keeper had a go at the opposing player for closing down his clearance which I found baffling haha. There was a half hearted penalty shout about 65 mins in which was dismissed which looked as though it was a solid pen. The captain of Fal cruffed the opposing centre back in the box  who took his legs clean and no ball but the referee pointed for a goal kick. 

Anyway at the end of this very entertaining game, Falmouth came out deserved victors, all their team showed character and determination to finish their season on a high. 

Great game to watch!!!