Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo League Results - Sat 1st April 17

Combo Results
Saturday 1st April 2017
Carharrack p-p Porthleven Reserves
Helston Athletic Reserves 0-2 St Just (Toby Angwin, Jack Willis) 
Att- 35
Holman SC p-p St Ives Town
Illogan RBL Reserves (Callum Cartwright) 1-2 Perranwell (Dominic Pullen, Lechlan Brace)
Att- 25
Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Ross Duncan, Tom Patrick) 4-1 RNAS Culdrose (Ricky Shivlock)
Att- 50
St Agnes (Mark Bell 5, Luke Wort 2) 7-0 Hayle
Att- 40

Supp Cup Q-F
Perranporth (Ross Sommerville 2, Steve Brewer, Justin Searle, Ben Lawrence) 5-1 Newquay Reserves (Harry Tiltson) 
Att- 46
St Day (Luke Leah) 1-4 Mullion (Nathan Davison 2, Dan Thomas, Matt Hall) 
Att- 20

All of today's Combo games have an EARLY kick-off of 1pm as the Cornwall Referee's Association have their Awards Evening/Party tonight.
Awards handed out include The referee who has issued the most red and yellow cards during the last year.
The referee with the loudest whistle.
The referee who adds the most time on at the end of the game.
Most penalties awarded.
Etc.

The presentations will be followed by a debate, Plastic or Metal, which is the best whistle and which keeps my pea drier?

Ha, ha, ha. Good one CTB, I'm sure there will be a few out there who'll be taken in and do a fair bit of pre-match standing around. Should really have gone for midday though, I always thought that the foolishness ran out at 12 o'clock, but I could (as ever) be wrong! (you really should buy yourself a "like" button ❣️?)

Illogan 1, Perranwell 2

Match lost by Illogan rather than won by Perran - if you see what I mean. Perran went 1 - 0 up after 4 minutes, a nice down-field move ending with a crisp finish by their No 10, I think. End-to-end stuff followed with defences in control until Illogan equalised in injury time through a nicely-placed shot by the No 7. Down the slope in the 2nd half it was mostly Illogan but they wasted possession by giving away possession in the two classic ways: getting caught in possession - almost always completely unnecessary - and giving away unnecessary free kicks. When Perran got the winner in about 78 mins it was against the run of play thus far but they went to pieces after that, but I must say the Perran central defender, a big lad over six foot, had an excellent game. 

Nice warming chicken soup at half-time. More clubs should include soup on their menu!

3 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Illogan 1, Perranwell 2

Match lost by Illogan rather than won by Perran - if you see what I mean. Perran went 1 - 0 up after 4 minutes, a nice down-field move ending with a crisp finish by their No 10, I think. End-to-end stuff followed with defences in control until Illogan equalised in injury time through a nicely-placed shot by the No 7. Down the slope in the 2nd half it was mostly Illogan but they wasted possession by giving away possession in the two classic ways: getting caught in possession - almost always completely unnecessary - and giving away unnecessary free kicks. When Perran got the winner in about 78 mins it was against the run of play thus far but they went to pieces after that, but I must say the Perran central defender, a big lad over six foot, had an excellent game. 

Nice warming chicken soup at half-time. More clubs should include soup on their menu!

First goal number 9 Dominic Pullen. Don't envy you watching that today Tom not the greatest but 3 pts

Not a lot went right for Hayle today they made a few chances including a saved penalty , but St .Agnes  were clinical in front of goal , well reffed by Nigel Nicholls first time for the season for Hayle , no excuses  better side won today , shame Aggie even when seven up they do like to moan , April fools day i think it may have been better if we turned up at one as CTB said earlier today , .

On 31/03/2017 at 22:09, isaac rosenberg said:

Ah yes, Tinners back at Helston at a time more convenient for my old pal Mr Roberts. No fake weddings on the pitch tomorrow, then ? Too busy rehearsing his furry dance with the league treasurer, I spect

Zzzzzzzzz