Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Tuesday & Wednesday March 28 & 29 2017

Please feel free to post your postponement, result, goalscorers and post-match comments

TUESDAY, March 28 2017

Premier Division

Wendron Utd    AvA   Camborne SoM  Abandoned due to darkness!

WEDNESDAY, March 29 2017

Division 2

Mawnan Res  17v0    Storm

Division 4

Carharrack Res     3v5      New Inn Titans

Stithians Res    0v2    Troon Res 

Div 2 

Mawnan 17 Storm 0

Not gonna lie as the result shows it was a fairly comfortable evening for us. But fair play to storm they never gave up and tried to the very end! Only sour point for us to night was Serigo budge (Dan Buckingham) going from hero to zero after dispatching a penalty brilliantly he then got booked for foul language (which we don't condone at Mawnan what so ever) but we believe he will learn from this and come out a better person for it!

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x6

Keir Dent x4

Brodie Kemp x3

Byron Wood x1

Shaun Rickard x1

Scott Kellow x1

Dan Buckingham x1

40 minutes ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2 

Mawnan 17 Storm 0

Not gonna lie as the result shows it was a fairly comfortable evening for us. But fair play to storm they never gave up and tried to the very end! Only sour point for us to night was Serigo budge (Dan Buckingham) going from hero to zero after dispatching a penalty brilliantly he then got booked for foul language (which we don't condone at Mawnan what so ever) but we believe he will learn from this and come out a better person for it!

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x6

Keir Dent x4

Brodie Kemp x3

Byron Wood x1

Shaun Rickard x1

Scott Kellow x1

Dan Buckingham x1

Is that the Liam Dent who plays for Penzance?

3 hours ago, Titus Bramble said:

Quite why Mawnan felt the need to pull in senior players is beyond me! 

It's an absolute joke, Storm are a team who are struggling and have conceded over 140 goals before this. Mawnan were always going to win.

Div 2 will not be decided on goal difference so why would any team want to play a senior player, to score 6 goals. I know other teams have recorded high scores in that League, but perhaps they need to consider what they are doing (clearly from the earlier great post they are concerned about the image their club gives) I totally understand a senior players registering for cover and wanting to play with his brother - BUT - Mawan had 3 named subs and started Liam (according to their team update on FullTime) leaving others on the bench - and they could have subbed him after a couple of goals, or played him in a non striking position, or perhaps he could have showed some respect and not scored 6. Some will say it's a competitive men's game and Mawnan should score as many as they can - but seriously?? I am sure Penzance, in their current position and fighting for survival in the SWPL West would have loved it if he injured himself scoring the 6th goal!

To be fair to Mawnan I signed on for them at the beginning of the season as cover due to their manager being best mates with my brother and had a txt asking if I could play last night (I didn't know who they were playing) and due to the fact I haven't had many minutes with penzance due to missing 2 of the last 3 games and only having 15mins on sat coupled with training being cancelled on Tuesday evening I thought it would be a good chance to stretch my legs! I did only play the first half before coming off and showering and watching the rest of the game! I apologise if I have caused offence to anyone but really just wanted to play a bit of footy especially in the same team as my older brother as we have rarely played in the same team!

must say full credit to storm who are a great bunch of lads and all the best to them in the future 

To clear a few things up we asked Liam if he was available to help us out on Monday as we only had a bare 11 available at this time, as everyone knows what it is like mid week to raise a side. we had 6 regular players missing few various circumstances last night. In the end we managed to have 3 subs 1 player who hasn't managed to feature for us all season but who we signed at the start , another that is the 1st team manager and was just looking 4 a run out and the other who is a 16year old lad who has been in and out of the side all season who is still adjusting to mens football (but who will be one to watch for the future) carrying a slight knock. So no regular starters were dropped for Liam. Plus knowing the managers well that is not the there style to do things like that! Also and like Liam said they took him off at half time and brang on all 3 subs to be respectful to the opposition when others would of probably left him on to score 10+

10 hours ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

In the end we managed to have 3 subs 1 player who hasn't managed to feature for us all season but who we signed at the start , another that is the 1st team manager and was just looking 4 a run out and the other who is a 16year old lad who has been in and out of the side all season who is still adjusting to mens football (but who will be one to watch for the future)

the 3 subs were Ian Grant, Scott Kellow & Byron Wood........the player who hasn't managed to feature i'm guessing is Scott who play's for Helston in the SWPP hardly a junior player! according to full time Bryon has played in 17 games for you, you've only played 19 in the league so hardly a player in and out of the squad!  i can accept that Ian may have just wanted min's not playing that much being a manager, but he is still hardly a junior player with past experience. at least 6/14 squad players have Combo or above experience.

i have no problem with winning and teams taking heavy (to an extent) defeats.......but i'm sure you can understand this looks bad it looks like you took the Mickey a bit with squad selection.  Storm are a poor side in a strong league and if they stay together i'm sure they will find there feet, but i don't think they deserved that.

Mawnan wouldn't have known what team or players Storm have available and have done the sensible thing and fielded as strong a side as they can for a midweek fixture. If the players signed on and not breached the 2 player rule from a higher league apart from a slightly uncomfortable scoreline i cant see the issue. Rule 10(e)ii states the following. "Every Club shall play its best available qualified team in all matches in the competition" - Mawnan did just that - Yes scoreline not ideal but I'm sure if Storm had two players available who play to the same level as Liam they would have done the same.

11 hours ago, Newlynsoldtimer said:

Can't see Liam's done anything wrong - it's a shame more lads don't have the passion for the game he has - and the willingness to play. If they're moaning - you know your doing something right Denty - keep banging them in my son! ?

You are completely missing the point - no one is suggesting Liam has done anything wrong, I would actually give him loads of credit for explaining what happened, himself, on the forum. Also I, for one, have no affinity with Storm - the point is that Mawnan 2nds are clearly a team who want to set standards about player behaviour and how they conduct themselves, which is really refreshing, putting 17 past a weak Storm side (they have been weak all season and no one would suggest they could possibly have brought in 11 new players for this fixture) and using top quality players to do it, doesn't really sit well with that ethos.

If teams want to score 17 goals past their opposition, in this manner, then that is totally an issue for their club, players and especially their manager - as a neutral to both clubs I would just hope games like this won't put players off from coming back next season and playing. It is a cop out to say 'we didn't know what squad they might have' or 'he came off at half time - having scored 6' etc - during the warm up anyone could have looked at both squads and chosen perhaps a different way of winning the game? - maybe that's just me though.

Yes are 3 subs were Ian grant, Scott Kellow and byron wood, like I said byron was carrying a slight knock and granty said he was available if we needed him but didn't want to start and just wanted a run out towards the end as he hasn't played much this season. So if we had said no to Liam, granty and Scott we would have went with bare 11 so if anyone would of got injured we would of had no subs and would of had to play with 10. So for us to say to them we didn't bother getting in other players as we thought having 11 would be enough judging by your Results! That in my eyes would of been a little bit more disrespectful. We stuck with In the laws by only having two senior players could of started both but we didn't and like I have said previously took Liam off at half time and to say him scoring 6 is disrespectful is also a joke! What do you want him to do go through one on one for example hit it wide and say "did it on purpose as I believe I'm to good for this standard" or pass it back and say "there is no point in shooting as I'm to good" again that would be more disrespectful to the opposition in my eyes! Also u say we should have looked at the opposition beforehand. 1, They arrived late at 6:10 and we needed to kick-off at 6:15 (or the ref wasn't gonna play it due to light, which was fair enough) so we didn't get a chance to even see them beforehand, also once again that in my eyes would be more disrespectful as like they say u shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I just think personally u are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill no one was saying anything to the other teams in our league when they were beating teams by bigger scorelines whilst fieling players that you say are to good for this level!

I think a managers mentality no matter who they play is to have the strongest team available. Ian grant a bloke who rarely plays, Scott kellow another player that has been apart of mawnan since he started playing men's football. And Liam dent and brother of a player who's played every game for us. Signed in the summer. If you look at the scorers apart from Liam's 6, 11 other goals were scored by the players that have been in the squad every week. But to make my point. People like yourself that come on this forum and try and make a team and managers look bad just because they want to succeed and do well is a joke. Wether it's top or bottom a win is a win. And that is that. Please take your negativity and opinions elsewhere mate. Because it's pathetic 

17 minutes ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Yes are 3 subs were Ian grant, Scott Kellow and byron wood, like I said byron was carrying a slight knock and granty said he was available if we needed him but didn't want to start and just wanted a run out towards the end as he hasn't played much this season. So if we had said no to Liam, granty and Scott we would have went with bare 11 so if anyone would of got injured we would of had no subs and would of had to play with 10. So for us to say to them we didn't bother getting in other players as we thought having 11 would be enough judging by your Results! That in my eyes would of been a little bit more disrespectful. We stuck with In the laws by only having two senior players could of started both but we didn't and like I have said previously took Liam off at half time and to say him scoring 6 is disrespectful is also a joke! What do you want him to do go through one on one for example hit it wide and say "did it on purpose as I believe I'm to good for this standard" or pass it back and say "there is no point in shooting as I'm to good" again that would be more disrespectful to the opposition in my eyes! Also u say we should have looked at the opposition beforehand. 1, They arrived late at 6:10 and we needed to kick-off at 6:15 (or the ref wasn't gonna play it due to light, which was fair enough) so we didn't get a chance to even see them beforehand, also once again that in my eyes would be more disrespectful as like they say u shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I just think personally u are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill no one was saying anything to the other teams in our league when they were beating teams by bigger scorelines whilst fieling players that you say are to good for this level!

Wouldn't worry too much mate. Do what you've gotta do to win, that's always the priority. 

We (Frogpool) beat storm 17-0 in the league earlier on the season. The manner of the victory was what was important. Every goal was met with applause but not rubbing in their faces. No fancy flicks tricks or taking the piss. Just kept playing football and that's the most important thing. Sounds like mawnan showed them respect so not sure what the issue is.

Back to midweek results, Stithians 0-2 Troon Res.  A couple of notes firstly to both Stithians and my lads who tried to play football in horrendous conditions, Stithians a great bunch and their GK made some cracking saves in the first half, we hit the woodwork x5 times in the first half alone! Grabbed two goals in the 2nd half through Michael catterall and Tyler Prescott which gave us a deserved 3 points.

And lastly a mention to @Rosy (I assume this is Marc Rose?), had to work extremely hard to move around the pitch due to the lack of visible lines (not stithians fault I may add just down to the conditions) but the game went the full 90 without a card or really noticing him which is always a good sign! Always good to see an ex football picking up the whilstle as in my opinion it makes a hell of a difference if you have played the game, knowing the difference between certain scenarios based upon being involved in them as a player goes a long way! Looking at the officials we have had in recent games it is clear Cornwall is struggling for fresh faces in the middle, and a couple of the more experienced officials are still doing their bit to help clubs out fair play to them.