Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Fixtures Saturday 18th February 2017

On 18/02/2017 at 20:13, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2

Falmouth town 2 Mawnan 3

Big game for us today with us being 5th and town being 4th. We started of well and thought we dominated much of the first half and went in with a well deserved 2-0 lead. Fair play to town tho they made a few tactical changes at half time and got back in to it with a penalty and then grabbing a equaliser and at that time either team could of gone on to win it! But luckily for us Dan "Aguero" Buckingham rose higher than anyone else from a cross to send a bullet header in the back of the net in the dying minutes of the game to give us all 3 points! Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season great bunch of lads! 

Mawnan goal scorers 

Brodie Kemp x1

Keir Dent x1

Dan Buckingham x1

Agree with all this apart from the last goal it wasn't a bullet header but a stinking own goal from Ben big boy Richardson! ?

44 minutes ago, Sijames said:

@B_D You must of played for at least 10 of these? :ph34r:

Close... just the four :c:

Trevenson as a youngster (my first club at 17) then again five seasons back when they were on the brink of folding - I took over as manager of the reserve side for the remainder of the season as no one else would do it (I'm a bit of a hero you see).

Same with Camborne Park (Although I only played once for their Saturday side). Their Sunday side however, that was another team that I took over as manager in order to stop them folding. They didn't, we went on to win a cup in that season then a Sunday treble the next.

I also played for Troon for two seasons where I enjoyed helping them move towards the Premier divisionwith some very good players. Also helped them to extend their first team pitch and install the barrier/fencing around the pitch.

Lastly, I played for Gwinear Reserves where I was basically the groundsman. With club legend Roland Thomas the only one that would ever do anything to the ground, I made it my mission to help him out. He's still, in my eyes one of the biggest club men in Cornwall. 

Since turning 19-20, I've never really just been at a club to play football. I've always mucked in (often more than most) to ensure that the clubs/teams run as smoothly as they could. I've always wanted to help wherever I've been. I'm not sure so many can say the same ;)

There's a great deal about me that you don't know Mr James. I do a lot more for junior football than you think; I'll be doing particularly more next season when I return from my deployment. We should grab a coffee sometime and talk about it. I recon you and I could become best buddies ❤❤❤

I can't reveal it yet as it's not been formally agreed but I'll be laying off some of my "duties" to take on this one. Again, it was a case of if I don't do it, no-one else will. 

Ive put in for my level 6-4 promotion for refereeing. Whether I get that or not will be a completely different story, mainly because I'll be away for three months over Christmas. We'll have to see. I still intend to play when I can; I'll use my Sunday mornings at Wendron for that. On Saturdays when I haven't got a game to referee (for one reason or another, usually because of work), I'm lucky to have a good manager at Wendron who lets me play. Thankfully the other half understands that most of what I do is purely to help people. Unfortunately she just gets quite annoyed when my help is thrown back in my face, which is understandable :)

Thanks for the kind words by the way.

26 minutes ago, B_D said:

I can't reveal it yet as it's not been formally agreed but I'll be laying off some of my "duties" to take on this one. Again, it was a case of if I don't do it, no-one else will. 

Ive put in for my level 6-4 promotion for refereeing. Whether I get that or not will be a completely different story, mainly because I'll be away for three months over Christmas. We'll have to see. I still intend to play when I can; I'll use my Sunday mornings at Wendron for that. On Saturdays when I haven't got a game to referee (for one reason or another, usually because of work), I'm lucky to have a good manager at Wendron who lets me play. Thankfully the other half understands that most of what I do is purely to help people. Unfortunately she just gets quite annoyed when my help is thrown back in my face, which is understandable :)

Thanks for the kind words by the way.

Such a club sl*t ;) 

6 hours ago, Sijames said:

good luck with your deployment and stay safe.

dont tell  me you are taking on more? you must have a very understanding partner! what are you taking on? are you not playing? refereeing? single handedly turning clubs fortunes around?:yahoo:

The new Steve carpenter he'll be ;) fair play if that is correct the hardest job in the Trelawny league bar none 

9 hours ago, Tempo said:

Yes please

No one can upstage yourself Tempo  you are Mr Frogpool 

12 hours ago, Sijames said:

good luck with your deployment and stay safe.

dont tell  me you are taking on more? you must have a very understanding partner! what are you taking on? are you not playing? refereeing? single handedly turning clubs fortunes around?:yahoo:

Si met him the other night and speaking as I find he is a refreshing breath of fresh air to local football , he is very upbeat about our local game and it is great that someone  has this enthusiastic attitude to  football ,   good luck to him and hopefully some more passionate young men and women can push our football along  to great levels .

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

No one can upstage yourself Tempo  you are Mr Frogpool 

Si met him the other night and speaking as I find he is a refreshing breath of fresh air to local football , he is very upbeat about our local game and it is great that someone  has this enthusiastic attitude to  football ,   good luck to him and hopefully some more passionate young men and women can push our football along  to great levels .

Thanks mate, although Nick may have something to say about that, this is his 26th year at the club, he and Michelle are the backbone, the rest of us do what we can to help out. We seem to be one of the few clubs in the area who aren't crying out for more players!

On 22/02/2017 at 23:13, Tempo said:

Thanks mate, although Nick may have something to say about that, this is his 26th year at the club, he and Michelle are the backbone, the rest of us do what we can to help out. We seem to be one of the few clubs in the area who aren't crying out for more players!

There's quite few clubs who are pretty strong with players numbers West Cornwall, Four lanes, St day, Redruth United, Illogan, West Cornwall, Caharrack, ??? seems to me only 1-2 struggling really but ever club at some point as been through nice still see some clubs available to put 3-4 competitive teams out and do well great to see.

1 hour ago, stokefan1 said:

There's quite few clubs who are pretty strong with players numbers West Cornwall, Four lanes, St day, Redruth United, Illogan, West Cornwall, Caharrack, ??? seems to me only 1-2 struggling really but ever club at some point as been through nice still see some clubs available to put 3-4 competitive teams out and do well great to see.

True. Although with Camborne folding earlier in the season, Storm majorly struggling and even TMS struggling, there still seems to be a bit of a shortage. Or players don't want to try and salvage struggling teams, not sure.

11 hours ago, Tempo said:

True. Although with Camborne folding earlier in the season, Storm majorly struggling and even TMS struggling, there still seems to be a bit of a shortage. Or players don't want to try and salvage struggling teams, not sure.

Storm been struggling more and more but fair play to them there keeping digging away get to end season and re build similar to Threemilestone who in recent seasons had to completely rebuild there first teams..not saying both definitely will get relegated but sometimes not always bad thing go down, use summer to recruit maybe manager or players whatevers needed and try get back up... think there's lots club thriving with player numbers when struggling towards bottom of divisions always tougher to attract players especially if not got manager can bring some with or knows lots etc 

On 18/02/2017 at 20:29, Justjoking said:

No mention of how well the game was  refereed?

By far the best ref I've seen in Cornish football for years if not ever 

Think he goes by the name "Rosie"

???

Rosie?? Is this the same guy that used to play outfield for Falmouth, took penalties and got a lot of reds??