Cornwall Football Forum

Veterans Cup Matches 21st Feb

PACKHORSE (0) 2-1 (1) CALLINGTON

Can't comment on the 1st half cos I arrived just as the 2nd half was kicking off!! A combination of working all night and my swollen dodgy knee allowed me to get the last 35 minutes in after I managed to undo the knot in my bootlace from the last game 2 weeks ago!! A great little clip to the far post from man of the match (last 35 anyway) Dave Hooper allowed me to score with a diving header. Having played up front for 30 years at a decent level I would say I made sure I stayed behind the ball to stay onside but no, the linesman (or sub that didn't want to do it) raised his flag!! Anyway ten minutes later a great cross to the far post from Lee Collins about ten yards out came over the two centre halves heads and I got a run on the right back to jump above him and head it down into the bottom corner just inside the post. Guess what!!! Old matey stuck his flag up again!!! Worst offside I've witnessed in 35 years of playing mens football. At least 4 opponents between me and the goal!!! To be fair even the Callington lads were a bit embarrassed and a couple apologised to me and Hoops. ? Fortunately I managed a little far post volley with 5 to go and with pens looming Tim showed a great touch and composure to slot the ball home inside the post with 2 defenders on the line to win it for us. Ironically I think I fouled the keeper on that one before he knocked it in!?! Two goals even Stevie Wonder or Peters & Lee couldn't have disallowed for offsides!!!  ?  Shame bout all that stuff at this level really but two decent sets of lads and Blazey legend Dave Pearce was in attendance and said he enjoyed this game more than yesterday's SWL match! ?

⚽️ MOM) Mike Hammond in goal was just pipped by Dave Hooper who started at centre half, moved up front when we scored both goals, then back to make 5 in midfield. Ran miles!!! ?

5 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PACKHORSE (0) 2-1 (1) CALLINGTON

Can't comment on the 1st half cos I arrived just as the 2nd half was kicking off!! A combination of working all night and my swollen dodgy knee allowed me to get the last 35 minutes in after I managed to undo the knot in my bootlace from the last game 2 weeks ago!! A great little clip to the far post from man of the match (last 35 anyway) Dave Hooper allowed me to score with a diving header. Having played up front for 30 years at a decent level I would say I made sure I stayed behind the ball to stay onside but no, the linesman (or sub that didn't want to do it) raised his flag!! Anyway ten minutes later a great cross to the far post from Lee Collins about ten yards out came over the two centre halves heads and I got a run on the right back to jump above him and head it down into the bottom corner just inside the post. Guess what!!! Old matey stuck his flag up again!!! Worst offside I've witnessed in 35 years of playing mens football. At least 4 opponents between me and the goal!!! To be fair even the Callington lads were a bit embarrassed and a couple apologised to me and Hoops. ? Fortunately I managed a little far post volley with 5 to go and with pens looming Tim showed a great touch and composure to slot the ball home inside the post with 2 defenders on the line to win it for us. Ironically I think I fouled the keeper on that one before he knocked it in!?! Two goals even Stevie Wonder or Peters & Lee couldn't have disallowed for offsides!!!  ?  Shame bout all that stuff at this level really but two decent sets of lads and Blazey legend Dave Pearce was in attendance and said he enjoyed this game more than yesterday's SWL match! ?

⚽️ MOM) Mike Hammond in goal was just pipped by Dave Hooper who started at centre half, moved up front when we scored both goals, then back to make 5 in midfield. Ran miles!!! ?

Good to c Hammond n hoops turn up n play wen u haven't got st Dennis lol must b nerves or the fact that they don't want to c me score lol