Cornwall Football Forum

Vets Finals 17th May - Venue Change

I would just like  thank Foxhole for hosting both finals at short notice and putting up an excellent playing surface as well as accommodating everyone in the bar afterwards.

On the down side I thought it to be a very poor showing from the league officials when these games have been arranged for over a month and three out of the four teams contesting the two finals have travelled from West Cornwall that there were no officials at the Holmans v Wendron final to present the trophies.

I would just like  thank Foxhole for hosting both finals at short notice and putting up an excellent playing surface as well as accommodating everyone in the bar afterwards.

On the down side I thought it to be a very poor showing from the league officials when these games have been arranged for over a month and three out of the four teams contesting the two finals have travelled from West Cornwall that there were no officials at the Holmans v Wendron final to present the trophies.

​I can only echo your comments thanking Foxhole at short notice. We (Western Vets), have been extremely fortunate to be able to use these facilities for our home games this season and I'd publicly like to put on record my thanks to everyone at Foxhole for looking after us over the past season.

Re: the down side, you're probably right that there was a very poor showing from the league officials to present the trophies, but in reality, the only 'league officials' are Mike Hinks, league/fixtures secretary (plays for Downderry and lost  Supp Cup earlier in the day). He seems to do everything for the Vets League. Then there's Stuart Bell who is the chairman and also does an enormous amount for Vets football, and I think I'm right in saying Billy Mackellar is treasurer of the league, whose own team, Bodmin, were forced to withdraw from the league this season due to pitch issues. Other than that I don't think there's any other 'league officials'. I'm sure that if anyone from West Cornwall, whose teams are now worthwhile contributors to the Vets league, would like to join the 'management committee' I'm sure new blood would be very much appreciated. Then next season a full committee will be there to hand out the medals

Edited by ant.tux

Is next week's final at Foxhole or St Dennis?

The final on Sunday was the best the side have played all season and revenge for our 5-2 defeat by Downderry a month or so ago which was our worst performance of the season!.

Full time website still saying St Dennis CTB