Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday May 2nd 2015 & Sunday May 3rd 2015

Recommended Posts



Chacewater       4v0              St Buryan

West Cornwall   2v2              Carharrack         


Camborne School of Mines         3v0              Lizard Argyle

Newlyn Non-Athletico   2v5              Trevenson United

Perranporth Reserves   5v3              St Ives Town Reserves

RNAS Culdrose Reserves              1v4              Rosudgeon

St Agnes Reserves           0v2              Praze-an-Beeble

Stithians               5v1              Halsetown                         


Marazion Blues    1v2           Mullion Reserves

Redruth United Reserves             3v5              Sennen

St Just Reserves     1v10    Trispen


Mabe    3v1              Ludgvan Reserves

Mousehole 3rds               3v2              Lizard Argyle Reserves

Praze-an-Beeble Reserves          1v4              Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Ives Mariners                   1v2          Falmouth Town                               


Camborne Town              1v2              Mabe Reserves

Newlyn Lions     9v0              Railway Locomotiv

Probus Reserves              6v1              Camborne Athletic          Double header - 2 games of 1 hour

Storm Reserves                    1v1          Newbridge Athletic

Camborne Athletic          0v7              Probus Reserves              At Probus. Double header - 2 games of 1 hour. 

Madron Reserves            2v3              St Erme                               

Russell Hall Cup

Camborne Park    2v1           Wendron United 3rds    (aet)



Jubilee Cup Final

Penwith Exiles   v              Carharrack Reserves       Trevassack  Park, Hayle

Edited by Dave Deacon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone confirm if illogan 3rds can play us (pendeen rovers) on Saturday we have asked the fixtures secretary it's now Thursday evening and still heard nothing pretty poor if you ask me as we have been messed about so much this wk then asked if we can revert back to normal game fixtured before the cup farce we say yes we will play and now getting no info on if game is on or not absolutely appalling the way we have been messed about this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 3 - Cury V Helston 3rds is off, Cury unable to raise a team, all were notified yesterday I understand.  3 points will no doubt be awarded to Helston which means they can finish no lower than 2nd in the league and hopefully a 3rd straight promotion.  COYB'S!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 1

Stithians 5  Halsetown 1  h/t 4-0

Halsetown started with ten men and were three down when they lost another player to injury after 30minutes.

Stithians tried to overdo the football in the second half and lost their way a bit. but went five up before Halsetown broke away to score late on with a low shot from one of their promising youngsters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russell Hall Cup Semi Final at Penryn 

Camborne Park 2 Wendron United 3rds 1

HT 0-1 FT 1-1

Park Scorers 




First half was dominated by Wendron in which the woodwork and brilliant keeping from Brooker kept us in the game and only conceded the one when the Wendron striker smashed the ball home after Brooker had parried the original shot from the Wendron winger

At half time we changed formation and reverted to a 5 man midfield to get control of the game which as the game went on we did

we got back into the game when good work by Andrew Osborn and Martin Richards saw a ball over the top missed by both centre backs allowing Catterall to run through and do his usual business by putting the ball in the back of the net

The game changed more into our favour shortly after when the defender kicked catterall off the ball and then proceed as one of the Wendron players was quoted 'getting ready for the big fight later' by swinging fists at Catterall luckily missing with every punch 

The ref was left with no choice but to send the defender off 

Despite the man disadvantage Wendron didn't sit back and both teams created chances without any reward

At the end of the 90 there were tired legs and Park bought on Robbie Price for Peter Norfolk and three minutes later a Joe Day free kick was flicked in intelligently by Price to give Park a 2-1 lead

The game opened up a lot for the rest of the game but the score remained the same

Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season

As for Park one last game in the final against our rivals for the last 3 seasons Marazion Res

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 4

Praze & Beeble Old Boys 1 (0) -v- (0) 4 Newlyn Non Athletico Reserves

Not a bad start to the day, we had 3 cars to transport the team and kit over to Praze. Furthermore, we had 12 players. Bonus. And a goalkeeper. It's gonna be our day....

Wind was blowing left to right if you were on the top side of the pitch, or the other way around down the bottom. Pitch was, awful. Newlyn did a double-take upon arrival at the ground, not recognising any players from our recent game which was abandoned at half time due to an injury. Had we taken an incorrect turn? Nope, one or two familiar faces appeared, so it seems that Praze, languishing as Newlyn are, at the bottom of the table, have a huge pool of players to call on.

First half, Newlyn were playing into the wind, so knew that playing a simple game to stifle wind-assisted breaks was a plan. However, although the wind did "assist" Praze to a certain degree, defensive clearances for example, it did not make much difference. The Newlyn midfield were terrier like, and Praze were finding it hard to string together any passes. Newlyn were happy to get through the half without conceding, although had created some attacking problems themselves.

Second half, Praze started the brighter, and created some half chances. But the Newlyn defence was steady, and did not look like giving much away. The deadlock was finally broken after about 15/20 mins, when a long freekick eluded the static defenders, allowing the Newlyn attacker to control, turn a shoot into the corner from 8 yards out. A few minutes later, Newlyn took a tight grip on proceedings, firing in number 2, leaving the Praze team looking around each other for inspiration. It did not come, shoulders were lower, and Newlyn took advantage by continuing to repel any foray forward, and firing in a delightful number 3 over a stranded keeper. The home team were now beaten, and the fourth goal was soon scored to put matters beyond doubt. However, Praze did get one back, and the 6'6" giant midfielder then ran to get the ball, and ran back to the centre circle, and obviously thought the comeback was on. It wasn't.

A thoroughly deserved win for Newlyn who climb 3 points clear of todays opponents. Good luck to Praze in their final game against Mousehole, although we want Mousehole to win as it will mean we definitely finish over them in the table!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newlyn Lions 9-0 Railway Locomotiv

Railway rolled in with a squad of 9 and drew straws to see who played where. They battled for the full 90 and had our keeper at full stretch a couple of times, pulling off two top drawer saves.

At 7-0 going into the 2nd half you would have thought we would have easily doubled that figure and we would have but for the Railway 'goalkeeper'. The guy made probably 20 saves in the game and saved his team from a real drubbing.

Railway were a credit to themselves with great camaraderie never once moaning about the situation.Best wishes for next season boys.

With St Erme winning 3-2 at Madron today we need 3 points from our remaining two games to be champions.

Twitchy bum time!!!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Camborne town 1-2 mabe reserves 

mabe scorers: Steve Annear and Kyle delancey


0-0 at half time after we had Camborne pushed back in their half for pretty much the whole half

2nd half Camborne used the wind with their keeper kicking long at every opportunity. Lad in the middle was causing havoc with his pace, running past a few of our players before eventually being fouled in the area for a penalty. Same guy stepped up and scored the penalty, but only just after our keeper got good hands but not enough. We then decided to score ourselves, Steve picked the ball up just inside the Camborne half, ran past a couple players and smashed into the bottom corner. Kyle out is in front after some good work down our left, a good cross to the back post was headed in for what was the winner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trelawney 5

Probus Reserves 6 - 1 Camborne Athletic

Camborne Athletic 0 - 7 Probus Reserves

Strange day for Probus Res and Camborne Athletic, as Camborne couldn't make an earlier midweek fixture, League agreed Camborne request for double header, of two games (both 30 minute halves) one after another. 

Both games played with a strong wind blowing length of pitch, with gradually increasing rain as the games progressed. 

First game Camborne took full advantage of wind and went into an early lead, but were pegged back with goals from JT, Tyler and a worldie solo from Harry. Second half saw Probus press home possession and wind advantage to finish comfortably with a further 3 goals, another by Tyler and 2 from Keegan.

Second game saw Camborne start to tire and even with the wind struggled to create many chances with Probus going close on a couple of occasions, having two ruled out for offside, but finally scoring through Tyler again to go in at half time 1-0. Second half saw a blistering start from Probus - JT scoring a hat trick in 2.30 seconds from kick off!!! This completely drained Camborne and Probus eased through the remainer of the half to win comfortably with further goals from JT, Moysee and to everyone's enjoyment (even Camborne), Rappo slotted one in from 30 yards (well actually  closer to a foot), to maintain his cameo appearances of 4 goals in 4 part games..

Good luck to Camborne Athletic for remainer of season, I think the weather and format ended up suiting Probus more on the day but Camborne battled well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Madron Res - 2     St Erme - 3

For their penultimate game in the league St Erme made the long trip to Madron to try and keep their 100% win record away from home going.

The game got underway in thick fog and it was the home side who did all the early running and quickly found themselves 1 up with a very fortuitous goal that went in off the stand in keeper, it was soon two after a long ball over the top was misjudged and the Madron striker went on before finishing well over the advancing keeper.
At this point St Erme dug in and had to or otherwise they would've been in trouble, a quick re jig of the formation saw the away side slowly get back into the game and it wasn't long until they found an all important goal, a ball from the midfield found Elliott Jolly about 25 yds out and after taking it with his back to goal swivelled and hit a great left footed strike over the keeper into the top corner, and this is how it stayed till half time.
The 2nd half got underway and it was evident there was only going to be one winner as St Erme really put the pressure on and put the home team under a lot of pressure creating chance after chance, unfortunately with the combination of some great saves and some poor finishing the scores remained in the home sides favour going into the last 30 mins.
But St Erme have been a tough team to beat on the road this season and they kept going in search of the equaliser and it duly arrived after some neat play found Stu Williams who's drilled shot from the edge of area flew into the bottom corner giving the keeper no chance 2-2 and all to play for.
The half continued in the same vein with Dave Hill the stand in keeper for the day and his back four standing firm and giving little away to the home side, however with 5 mins remaining St Erme won a corner which was taken superbly by Mark Mitchell, the ball was whipped in and was powered home by a fantastic header from Paul Hopkinson giving the keeper absolutely no chance.
The game came to an end and 3 more points for St Erme on the road, it was hard fought but deserved, credit to Madron who made it very difficult for us from the start.
St Erme Man of the Match - Spencer Sanford who was solid throughout in defence and was always looking to get forward at every opportunity.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mabe 3 - 1 Ludgvan

An even first half at Mabe meant both teams went in goalless at half time with both teams pretty much canceling each other out. 2 nd half we at Mabe knew that we had to attack so we picked up our pace and eventually this told as Ben Kellow was tripped inside the penalty box. Up stepped Liam Chinn to take the free kick which was given. Strange decision from the referee who deemed that the contact was outside the box. This didn't dampen us down too much and some more quick football lead to us winning a free kick which Ben Kellow smashed into the net. This settled us down a bit but we kept pushing for a second as we knew we would need it. Another free kick well taken doubled or lead and then Ben cooly lobbed the 6ft + keeper. Ludgvan didn't give up and got their deserved consolation. 

Good luck to Ludgvan in their remaining fixtures. Hope to see you guys next season if three go up. Onto next weekend and a potential league win. 

Edited by Cornishash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...