Plymouth Parkway

MATCH SPONSOR -  Specsavers 

Friday the 24th April live from Priory Park

KICK OFF 7.30pm

ADM: £5 and £3 concessions

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

A chance to see Priory Park before major works are completed in time for next season

Edited by Money Man

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

A chance to see Priory Park before major works are completed in time for next season

What major works are you having done James ?

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

​Money Man, what work is being carried out at Priory Park? Interested to know as I've never thought the ground has lived up to the standard of teams it has always managed to put out.

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

​Money Man, what work is being carried out at Priory Park? Interested to know as I've never thought the ground has lived up to the standard of teams it has always managed to put out.

​  Avery poor ground as far as spectators are concerned. Apart from the main stand there are no other covered standing areas and there is no containement. I f the ball goes into touch opposite side to the stand, it travels miles and takes ages to collect. Very poor for this supposed standard of football.

I agree with your comments Priory Park has basically not been touched for many years and the ground has fallen into a disappointing venue.

Works to be completed are as follow

Priory Park will be fenced off (similar to what we done at St Austell (to stop anyone entering the ground other than for football reasons) this will also give us a better ground grading for the future. The fence will run the perimeter of both the main pitch and the youth pitch next to it a total of 650 linear meters. A state of the art turnstiles will also be  installed.

The Dennison Tamar Trading stand will be completely refurbished inside and out (new roof and steels works windows, internally all new heating system flooring etc) 

Flood lights will be given a £19000 overhaul and bring them up to at least step 2 standard

Pitch will be dug up and renewed to a very good standard

These works are due to be started in June 2015 at the moment we are waiting on planning consent for the fence so this is holding it up slightly 

Funding has come through Football stadia improvement fund , Bodmin Town council and sponsors, Total cost will be £150000

Exciting times ahead for the club!

On the pitch I must add Darren and his team have done extremely well for the last 2 season under a restricted expenses budget after I made the decision that works at Priory Park were far more important than results on the pitch , however a 7th place and a chance of 2nd this season is a massive achievement under the restrictions.

With Bodmin now operating a total football experience for all ages from under 5s right through to senior football I am proud of what has been achieved since I became Chairman.

Hope this answers your questions 

Regards

James Chapman

I agree with your comments Priory Park has basically not been touched for many years and the ground has fallen into a disappointing venue.

Priory Park will be fenced off (similar to what we done at St Austell (to stop anyone entering the ground other than for football reasons) this will also give us a better ground grading for the future. The fence will run the perimeter of both the main pitch and the youth pitch next to it a total of 650 linear meters. A state of the art turnstiles will also be  installed.

The Dennison Tamar Trading stand will be completely refurbished inside and out (new roof and steels works windows, internally all new heating system flooring etc) 

Flood lights will be given a £19000 overhaul and bring them up to at least step 2 standard

These works are due to be started in June 2015 at the moment we are waiting on planning consent for the fence so this is holding it up slightly 

Funding has come through Football stadia improvement fund , Bodmin Town council and sponsors, Total cost will be £150000

On the pitch I must add Darren and his team have done extremely well for the last 2 season under a restricted expenses budget after I made the decision that works at Priory Park were far more important than results on the pitch , however a 7th place and a chance of 2nd this season is a massive achievement under the restrictions.

With Bodmin now operating a total football experience for all ages from under 5s right through to senior football I am proud of what has been achieved since I became Chairman.

Regards

James Chapman

Sounds really good, well done to you and the club James. I look forward to seeing  the completed project. 

Regards

James Chapman

There's no doubt Money (Man) talks, and it can only be a good thing for Bodmin. It's just a shame that those a little further down the pyramid can't access those kind of sums for ground improvements. What's the point of step2 quality floodlights when there's precious little chance of the ability or indeed will to play at that level (certainly not in the lifespan of a set of lights). A fraction of that sum would have set Mullion, St. Dennis etc. for promotion for seasons to come. 

Funding is available for all clubs from a wide range of funding partners. Its important that you get the infrastructure in place i.e  a successful youth program, Chartered standard status etc.Then a bloody whole lot of hard work and paperwork plus the ability to match fund any project .

Any club in Cornwall can achieve this with the right enthusiasm and commitment.

I am keen to really put Bodmin football Club  on the map in terms of facilities and how the club is run. I am desperate to achieve the required ground grading criteria to enable us to at least consider promotion.

Feel free to call me on PM me if your club require any advice on funding etc i will try and point you in the right direction, 

"Bruegel" most new lights as technology has improved conform to the step 2 Lux values so if the club progresses on the pitch as Truro did then we have at least 1 requirement covered. A massive task though i agree!!

Thank-you money Man for your offer, I hope that some of the up and coming clubs take you up on it. I know that there is always advice available from the CCFA and leagues, but there is no substitute for hands on advice from someone who's been there and done it recently. It's good to see those involved with the more senior clubs in Cornwall prepared to give a hand to those who aspire to join them. It would be nice to see such gestures from your compatriots at other clubs across the Dutchy.

"Priory Park will be fenced off (similar to what we done at St Austell (to stop anyone entering the ground other than for football reasons) this will also give us a better ground grading for the future. The fence will run the perimeter of both the main pitch and the youth pitch next to it a total of 650 linear meters. A state of the art turnstiles will also be  installed".

When were you at st Austell Money Man ,why would you leave to go to Bodmin 

Stone drainage is something that I am looking at, if funds don't stretch to the whole pitch then I have had advice that the worse areas will have a stone drainage system.

In a nutshell the pitch will basically be dug up and replaced. 

Please note that all of these works are scheduled and agreed to be carried out. Time frames for start  on site is scheduled for June and all works to be completed by the beginning of the league season. However there are a couple of hurdles that I am dealing with that could put the projects back.

The pitch will however have works starting in May /June.

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

​  Avery poor ground as far as spectators are concerned. Apart from the main stand there are no other covered standing areas and there is no containement. I f the ball goes into touch opposite side to the stand, it travels miles and takes ages to collect. Very poor for this supposed standard of football.

​So what's wrong with the main stand Big Al ? As for fetching the ball - so what, there's worse grounds than Priory Park. I think you're moaning for the sake of it sir !

​ What I am saying is that this supposed wonderful swpl claims to have rules as regards facilities and yet Bodmin have NO standing accommodation. Also, surely there should be a chain link fence around the ground if only just to distinguish the boundary and then the ball would 60per cent of the time remain close to the field of play.

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

​So what's wrong with the main stand Big Al ? As for fetching the ball - so what, there's worse grounds than Priory Park. I think you're moaning for the sake of it sir !

​ What I am saying is that this supposed wonderful swpl claims to have rules as regards facilities and yet Bodmin have NO standing accommodation. Also, surely there should be a chain link fence around the ground if only just to distinguish the boundary and then the ball would 60per cent of the time remain close to the field of play.

​  

So it looks like St austell will win the title now fair play to them and thoroughly deserved, they have been head and shoulders the best team this season. We (Bodmin) have put up a good fight and Darren and his team have done  me proud after I implemented a lot of budget changes this season ! We now fight for second place and for me personally losing out only to St austell is the best scenario I could of hoped for . Yes of cause I would of wanted Bodmin to win the league but st Austell will always be close to my heart and I am delighted for them and so proud of what they have achieved . They really have some excellent people there and trust me if the league was based on hard work and dedication they would win the league by a mile . To finish and a message to all clubs just think this... if St Austell can do it then so can you ! Only 7 years ago I witnessed dobwalls beating them 12 . 2 in front on a crowd of just 15 . I hope every one will complimentary in there achievements because Christ do they deserve it. Well done St Austell . As for Bodmin we now go again and fully intend to be challenging next season . 

Thanks

james chapman 

Bodmin Town FC

V

Plymouth Parkway

KICK OFF 7.30pm

50/50 DRAW,

MATCH DAY PROGRAMME

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

​  

​For once I have to agree with Big Al on this.

After Exmouth's ground-grading problems failing them for promotion last season & similar problems for St Austell this season it's a mystery to me how Bodmin qualify for the FA Cup and FA Vase when their ground doesn't appear to meet the required standard.

So it looks like St austell will win the title now fair play to them and thoroughly deserved, they have been head and shoulders the best team this season. We (Bodmin) have put up a good fight and Darren and his team have done  me proud after I implemented a lot of budget changes this season ! We now fight for second place and for me personally losing out only to St austell is the best scenario I could of hoped for . Yes of cause I would of wanted Bodmin to win the league but st Austell will always be close to my heart and I am delighted for them and so proud of what they have achieved . They really have some excellent people there and trust me if the league was based on hard work and dedication they would win the league by a mile . To finish and a message to all clubs just think this... if St Austell can do it then so can you ! Only 7 years ago I witnessed dobwalls beating them 12 . 2 in front on a crowd of just 15 . I hope every one will complimentary in there achievements because Christ do they deserve it. Well done St Austell . As for Bodmin we now go again and fully intend to be challenging next season . 

Thanks

james chapman 

Thanks James, a wonderful statement. The current committee, management and playing staff are the best the club has ever had and thoroughly deserve the success we have had this season. However you rightly go back to seven years ago when the club nearly folded. At that time five or six members of the committee decided to stick together and save the club, pay off massive debts and improve the ground and the league results. In order to do this a lot of money had to be raised by sponsorship and local benefactors. A player/commercial manager was appointed to manage this, that was you James.  You and the five or six others put in place the foundations of the current success, which have since be developed further by Lea Cooper, James Hutchings and many others.  You should feel very proud of yourself James, hold your head up high. I shall shake your hand on Monday.