Cornwall Football Forum

SALTASH UNITED v NEWQUAY

A very, and I mean very, disappointing performance tonight from "the ashes". But credit is due to Newquay who were without doubt the better team.

"the ashes" were missing the likes of Sam Hughes, Richard Maddison, Joe Carey and Ben Davies tonight, so obviously not at full strength.

But the performances that got "the ashes" to the top of the league, have sadly gone amiss in recent weeks.

Just like the rest of the Premier League are doing to gift the title (seemingly) to Chelsea, it's the same in the CSWPL. St Austell will win the title but if the teams around them can't be consistent and stay the course it makes it boring.

Maybe you should of started with those 7 combo players at the start of the season Nemesis!! Might of avoided a bottom 4/5 finish! Well done

​The youngsters that have come in for recent games have been gaining valuable experience in the Combo League, looks like they will be ready for the SWPL challenge ahead next season.

Players missing for a team top of the league!!! Saltash have never been in the race for the title. And that proves it. 

​Paul, sadly you speak a total load of garbage. What Saltash have achieved over the past few seasons, on the budget available, I would say they have done bloody marvellous. To say Saltash have never been in the title race is a little unfair. Point have been dropped throughout the season, where perhaps they should not have been, but all teams do that.

Given the budget of St Austell, they should win the league, to fail to do so, would be failure.

Now looking at the position of St Blazey, not a very exciting season at Blaise Park I would have thought.

Just annoys me how much rubbish is put on here. How can anyone say Saltash have never been in the title race. They have had agood season, never in doubt St.Austell would win it eventually but Saltash pushed up until last 6/7 games. Paying alot less than some sides that are along way down the table. 

Parkway have just a little bit of competition for supporters from some little outfit called, let me think, ah yes, Plymouth Argyle. Newquay have two Premier league teams, dilutes the support. Penzance and Falmouth have been there, but both communities have been particularly affected by the economic recession but they'll be back.

Ere we go again.... we're onto PAYING again... boring. Talent wins the league. Bigger clubs win the league generally. All linked to the size of the town.. eg... plymouth, bodmin and st austell (maybe) bigger town / city = more budget = more jealousy !!!!  Get over it

It is talent that wins the league and cups and ofcourse the talent often will follow the money. It is entirely up to the clubs and individuals how much they wish to pay (in expenses) and I beleive they can do what they like with there own money and if a club eventually goes bust then so be it (extinction theory). We know funds are raised in in two main ways, sponsorship which can be down to he energy of people in he club to raise, or a individuals interested in the club, making contributions and through the gate plus ongoing sales. St Blazey is not a large town but had years of domination. I believe teams such as Bugle and Nanpean where once top Cornish teams. What I am trying to say is let St Austell enjoy there day in the sun as nothing last forever. I saw Parkway play Newquay recently, no way near the team of last year.

As for Newquay having two Premier teams and the support being diluted it would help if the league did not have so many home fixtures on the same day as ther is a solid core that likes to watch both teams.

Well done to Newquay brilliant result they should now keep that same team for the rest of the season and dont bring back the so called 1st team players to win 0-3 at Saltash even though they had a few players out that is still some results why is there no report on the match and scorers on here

Players missing for a team top of the league!!! Saltash have never been in the race for the title. And that proves it. 

​Paul, sadly you speak a total load of garbage. What Saltash have achieved over the past few seasons, on the budget available, I would say they have done bloody marvellous. To say Saltash have never been in the title race is a little unfair. Point have been dropped throughout the season, where perhaps they should not have been, but all teams do that.

Given the budget of St Austell, they should win the league, to fail to do so, would be failure.

Now looking at the position of St Blazey, not a very exciting season at Blaise Park I would have thought.

It's only rubbish because you don't agree with what I said. But who has once mentioned Saltash winning the league? The league has looked a mess from the day 1 with one team pulling out. Then another can't play a fixture and 3 points awarded yet it's shown as a draw. St Austells great cup run has just left everyone waiting for them to play their games to win it. If Saltash had a chance of winning the league there is no chance players would be missing. No way. It's got nothing to do with money. 

As for St Blazey, the club pay what they can afford and that's that. Expectation is not to win the league but qualify for the F.A cup. Hopefully we might just do that. I can't say it's been a great season but hopefully things will change. 

The season can't finish soon enough. Then we can get down there in the summer and help tidy the ground up and get things looking better for the new season.