Cornwall Football Forum

BODMIN VS GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC

Im not sure if i have got the score right but i think it was 5-2 to Bodmin the final score some of the football that Bodmin played this afternoon was breath taking for i know the score looks like a hammering the G played well i thought .They had 3rd choice goalie Moss in goal and he did look rusty as early as the 1st 5 mins when he conceded a pen which Adam Carter scored from hes a hell of a player very skillful for such a big bloke and his strike partner Ryan Richards was also a handful . G mom Ross Fallens for his 2 goals and his work rate . Well done Bodmin for playing really well and also for the G who never let there heads drop .

Throwing and landing a punch went unpunished by weak and ineffective officials - this sort of behaviour is uncalled for in a game between two sides noted for providing skilled, sportsmanlike and entertaining football and is nothing short of a disgrace. Shame on you. 

Not many teams would of lived with the way Bodmin played today but if the G had there full 1st team out it wouldnt of been 5-2 they had Sean Semmens , Scott Flannigan , Tom Smith  Luke Rigby all out and using a goalie who hasnt played a game for a long time . Must admit Bodmin where very good and i am looking forward to seeing them play Plymouth Parkway in a few weeks when the 2 best strikers in the league will be playing Carter and Levi Landricombe who i think is real class

The incident was with Jamie Lowry Bodmin player punched Jamie in the down below region should have been a red card disgusting yes we did have a lot if players out Shaun Semmens Ollie pinnell tim peacock tom smith Luke rigby and Scott flannigan and our coach had to go in goal personally if we could have put our full squad it would have been a different story but that's football for you no quibbles from me about the result 

Just reading in the Cornish Guardian about this match and they should get there facts right it says Sean Semmens was beaten by Sam MILLSONS shot for a Bodmin goal Sean didnt play Rob Moss was in goal

I don,t know what the Cornish Guardian report was but apparently Cameron Bidgood scored Godolphins second goal which is different from your report 100% cornish​

dont know what facts i got wrong Ross fallens scored 2 clear goals RoB moss was in goal hopkinson of Bodmin punched Jamie lowry i was at the game so i know what i saw

​If I am right and you are wrong you just might have to change your name to 99% sure. Unfortunately it can be frustrating and annoying when reports are wrong and misleading especially to the persons concerned, but this appears to go on too often for whatever reason, it is not the first time and it will not be the last time, I am sure there is plenty of players out there with a story to tell. As for Godolphin I do not think they need a Cornish Guardian report to confirm what a good season they are having especially when the players will have 2 Cup final medals at the end of the season win or lose to show what a great job everybody connected with the club has done.I am sure you will be a very proud man 100%.

Thanks just a opinion watching the G has really helped me through some dark times and they are such a friendly club ran by lovely people and got 1 hell of a team i am proud of the team but still think they dont get the credit they deserve looking forward to the 2 finals but before them Saltash this weekend who are a very good team with some good players . 99% hasnt got the same ring as 100% but i will stick to what i saw and also read in the Cornish Guardian think they guess who was playing half the time .

Edited by 100%cornish
i put the wrong word in

Isn't it strange, 100% says the Guardian are biased towards Newquay, this is clearly not the case. Seem to recall the CG doing a full two page spread on 'G' in recent weeks. The CG editor has a Bodmin bias and of course, they have been sucking up to St Austell recently, but biased towards Newquay, now that's a laugh and half.

Even the Newquay Voice man is known at Mount Wise Stadium as Tommy 'G', although that is more of an in house joke, we all know who gave young Tom his chance in local football reporting... Once a Peppermint, always a Peppermint, well, 99% of the time !!!