Cornwall Football Forum

Good move bad move?

Wage packets aside (not concerned about that) I would be interested to know peoples opinions on whether or not this is a good move for Liam. He (Liam) stated that he wanted a regular first team place but it could not be guaranteed by the club. City manager Steve Tully has stated that he was very disappointed to loose the lad and that he would have learnt a lot from himself and Wayne Carlisle the assistant manager. My own personal opinion is that Liam is obviously a talented forward with a good eye for goal. I watched him many times last season and thought he was more of an impact player when he came on as a sub in the last say 30 minutes. He certainly would have been in the shop window more playing in the Southern League and would have attracted more attention if he wanted to further his footballing career. I respect that many of you are more qualified than me to comment and I look forward to some intelligent replies. Thank You

Sensible move IMO. Truro would be the highest level of standard he would play. Realistically I don't think he would be playing for any other teams in the southern league, so if he wanted guaranteed game time then signing for a top swpl with ambitions to rise through the leagues would be the most suited for him. Remains to be seen if it will be a good move

Sometimes you have to take a step back to enable you to move forward.

i think this is a good move for both Liam and st Austell. He will benefit the club by scoring goals whilst putting himself in the shop window. Given parkways achievements last season i feel there will be a more interest in the swpl next season.

Leeds United you worry about your pre season plans and our club will take care of our own (Including Chris Reski- unlucky on trying to prize him away by the way as he wants to play for a club on the up not down). As for your defenders, its about all you have left now your strikers have left you and midfielders too. Its not always all about the ££££££'s. See you at the far post!

leedunited I never said Bodmin had Bad players , where did that come from ? in fact you have some very good players. Just wondering why they are moving on ? also you must be thinking of somebody else I've never enquired about a player in my life.

A true footballer will always want to play 90 mins of every game, it is not always about the money. I'm sure that one club men such as Matt Le Tissier will have had big money offers to move, but a desire to play and play for a club you are happy at is more important. Having said that, if you are a single fella and someone offers you £50 to play football, you'll take it. If you have kids and someone comes in offering even more, of course you will take it, bills need paying.

Perhaps Liam felt that by taking a step down to St Austell, he would be given more game time, less travelling and not too much of a drop in cash. Whatever the reasons, I'm sure he will do well.

I was not surprised Liam decided to leave, at Corby last season it was plain for all to see that he was peed off, week in week out he would travel excessive hours and end up playing for just 15 or 20 minutes, he was a good player to raise the tempo when the dire lone striker football was leaving the team devoid of ideas, many times that football was difficult to watch, this season I think we will be almost totally adventurous, the new management team looks impressive along with the new signings to strengthen the team leaving us to hopefully enjoy everything Truro City has to offer.

Liam did appear far fitter when he left Truro City than he was when he arrived but needs to play 90 minutes regularly level 5 may be his limit for that, the travel must have taken it's toll, I know I am finding it makes me increasingly more tired.

Good Luck Liam - Enjoy your sport - I was happier when you were on the pitch and will miss your aggressive runs.

If its always all about the £££££'s then Brianmooreshead, can you explain how Everton finished above United & Spurs last season? Or why Le Tissier never left Southampton for big offers?

NOT every man or every team can be tagged with the 'all about the £££££££'s' line. Anyway best of luck to Liam, I'm sure he will prove an instant success at AFC St Austell.