Cornwall Football Forum

Biggest game in Junior Football.

Thursday 8th May

Battle of 1st v 2nd in Trelawny league premier, where Threemilestone take on illogan at Oxland park (Malpas unavailable so fixture reversed) 6.15pm kick off.

Without doubt will be the best game of trelawny league football to date this season. Big attendance expecting, see you there!

Without doubt will be the best game of trelawny league football to date this season. Big attendance expecting, see you there!

Hopefully will be a good game. One of the big match ups in Trelawny football yes among many others!

Junior Cup Final?

To be fair to Arsene Wenger,he did quote:

The Junior Cup Final,whilst being the biggest match for Junior clubs,is a County competition and not in the Trelawny League.

Tms v Illogan ressies has been a big game for both sides over the last ten seasons or so as both have sat on top or near the top of the mining 1 and trelawney prem.. add to this games involving Buryan and more recently Helston and I would class any combination of the above as the big games of the Trelawney league.

Also players will all view their local derby as a big game, and teams chasing titles in other divisions will know who their biggest threats are.

That adds up to alot of big games!!!

I predict next years big game to be Tms v Chacewater ♡!

Always makes me laugh, West Cornwall never get mentioned as being a threat for any other team and yet we're consistently performing well season after season!

Always makes me laugh, West Cornwall never get mentioned as being a threat for any other team and yet we're consistently performing well season after season!

I think TMS chacewater is being referred too as a derby!! Unfortunately Helston haven't really had any proper derbies for awhile!! Who would WC be?

Any score updates from Oxland Park?!?

Unlucky TMS, had their chances in the first have, could have been a different result had they taken their chances, but Illogan turned it round 2nd half, played well and deserved the win in the end. Credit to TMS, good side who tried to push the ball around, not many teams will put 3 pass them. Good luck to Illogan Res in the Combo next season.

A very good game to play in.. 3 Sloppy errors from us costing all three goals. Got scrappy towards the end but you'd always expect that from an illogan/TMS game haha. All the best to illogan up in combo, leave the stones with the trelawny league title next year! #coys

Great to win the league again and do it against one of main rivals all season, TMS.

First 30 mins was all TMS and I think had they scored 1 or 2 of their good chances it could of been a different story. Fortunately they didn't and last 15 we got to grips with things and then kicked on 2nd half to seal the win and the league title.

Great effort by the lads and everyone involved this year and it was brilliant to see a few youngsters coming through the ranks tonight and really holding their own!

All the best to TMS for the rest of season

Illogan reserves Trelawney premier league champions 2013/14 !!!!

Absolutely agree with gee, tms battered us first half hour and 3-0 wouldn't have flattered them, fortunately for us they left their shooting boots at home, not sure what wardy said at half time, and I was in their, but it was a different illogan side that took to the pitch 2nd half and on that half alone probably deserved the win tho 3-0 was slightly harsh on tms, good side who will be their or their about next season, cups to play for now. Loved my half a season at illogan, great spirit in the club between all 3 teams and hopefully promotion and a new challenge next season, my first league title since I was 12 for the all conquering harpenden Colts, thanks fella' s, roll on next season x

Congratulations to Wardy, Mark and all the Illogan squad on winning the league once again.

Thought Threemilestone had a cracking first 30 minutes last night, totally dominating the game, and playing some nice football too. They probably created 5 or 6 good goal scoring chances, a couple were saved by Scoffy a couple went wide and another came off the crossbar and bounced away to safety. These missed chances were to prove costly come the second half as Illogan started to get on top.

Roughly 7 or 8 minutes into the second half i think it was Steve Gilbert who headed in from a corner and on 15 minutes Jason Roberts glanced another headed goal from a free kick. From that point on Illogan new if they remained solid the title was in the bag. The Stones now chasing the game were mainly restricted to shots from distance, Simon Carter for illogan setting up counter attacks at the other end. Threemilestone looked like the amount of games they had had rencently were catching up with them and were punished further with 5 minutes to go when Gareth Pitt curled a free kick into the top corner.

3-0 a bit hard on Tms but Illogan proved why they lose so few games. Good luck to them next year in the combo, and good to see a couple of the youngsters coming on and playing well.

Att approx 60.

A little harsh le Boss. Mistakes are made by clubs but at the end of the day it is always the same people standing up to take on the committee jobs. If a lot more players took responsibility within the clubs they would realise the hard work that volunteers put in.

Why is my comment harsh? It was directed only at Illogan because I know they do things the right way and conduct themselves very well on and off the pitch and Nick Ward and his team deserve the praise. I have no idea who you are or which club you are connected with but if the cap fits wear it

A little harsh le Boss. Mistakes are made by clubs but at the end of the day it is always the same people standing up to take on the committee jobs. If a lot more players took responsibility within the clubs they would realise the hard work that volunteers put in.

Why is my comment harsh? It was directed only at Illogan because I know they do things the right way and conduct themselves very well on and off the pitch and Nick Ward and his team deserve the praise. I have no idea who you are or which club you are connected with but if the cap fits wear it

Apologies Le Boss, I took your post to mean something else. Yes we do know each other and no the cap doesnt fit. But congratulations to Illogan.