Cornwall Football Forum

Buckley Testimonal Match v Trelawny League XI

Buckley Brothers Testimonial Match

After 30 years of playing football in West Cornwall, the Buckley brothers will be retiring at the end of the season.

I have been asked by Darren if I would help organise a testimonial match at the end of the season.

Since this season has been a washout and many teams are still playing I was unable to set up the inaugural Duchy v Trelawny League match I hope to put together for a forum match. This will probably happen May 2014 with the leagues permission.

However, in the mean time we plan to have a Buckley XI v Trelawny League XI on 27th July. Venue: TBC. Most probably Carharrack AFC. Central.

The Buckleys will be selecting players they have played along side over recent years and Illogan RBL Res manager of the champions will be invited to form a team of 15 players. As a rule, no more than one from each club. Rolling subs.

A representative of the Trelawny League have said they will get this officially sanctioned at the next meeting.

As with previous Forum matches the game will be in aid of Cornwall Air Ambulance. A JustGiving site will be set up nearer the time to donate.

In the mean time, I was looking for some volunteers who may be able to help out with the following:

Qualified First Aider

Match Programme

Help Serving a Hog Roast (Food Hygiene Certificate needed)

Match Entrance Collection

Spread the word. I hope people in West Cornwall can support this and give the lads a good send off.

Kind Regards

Richard Chown

CornwallFootballForum.com

Me, Bash and Marksy will look after the hog roast Rich!!! But be quick cos we mite have eaten the bugger before the end of the game! And before anyone has chance to get there baps out!! :-). Seriously though Daz and Jason have had great careers in Cornish football as their trophy cabinet will testify so congratulations gents and good luck in the future x

Me, Bash and Marksy will look after the hog roast Rich!!! But be quick cos we mite have eaten the bugger before the end of the game! And before anyone has chance to get there baps out!! :-). Seriously though Daz and Jason have had great careers in Cornish football as their trophy cabinet will testify so congratulations gents and good luck in the future x

Rappo!!! I will have you know my body is a temple - it is a pity it is the shape of the Taj Mahal - and Marksy, that is not the restaurant in Truro either. :yahoo:

Evening all, as Rich as said I will try to assemble a team to play the Buckleys' select. If you know the brothers you'll what a great bunch they are and they deserve a good day.

If you would like play please send me a pm stating where you play , who you play for and contact details. I'm looking for a squad of 15 from any division and no time wasters please

Cheers

Wardy

Ill play, it will give me one more chance to kick ja bucks lol. I started playing footie with alan and ja at illogan back in 98/99 season and then again at holmans in 02/03 season. Hav also had the chance to manage all 3 and was a joy top blokes and should be a good day..

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks me and my bros have enjoyed our football here in Cornwall. Please pm me if you have played alongside me and my bros in the last 25 years and if you are available to play! We are looking for all our friends to come along on the day and support the worthwhile charity. Should be a great day and great send off for the Buckley,s I will miss all the guys and al the ups and downs of footie here made lots of friends here in Cornwall and hopefully not to many enemies. Please support us and the charity on the day and thank you Richard for arranging this game the Buckley triangle for the last time!

Hi Darren,

I would be more than happy to play after playing with you guys at Illogan when I was just 16 (in the Buckley, Matt Willey, Shane Harrisson etc era), and more recently with you at your brief spell with Storm. However, with my recent injury woes if you have other options by all means take them.

You guys taught me a lot back then, especially how to act off the field.

Pricey

Thanks pricey we always tried to be competitive on the pitch but also we tried hard to be nice too being northern as we are, we had to have people like us and most of all we tried to let our football do the talking for us. I know we where not great players but we tried hard to be competitive and I think we are well known throughout Cornish football for being nice guys! Yes they where good days at illogan and storm and I would love to see you there on the day mate playing alongside us again if only for a few minutes so we don,t overstretch you and you end up with an injury. Send me your mobile mate. See you on the 27th of July.

STARTED PLAYING WITH BUCKLEYS IN 1992 I THINK , JOINED THEM AT REDRUTH RANGERS,CHACEWATER,MARAZION AND PLAYED AND MANAGED AGAINST THEM OVER THE YEARS ....OFTEN ASKED WHICH ONE WAS THE BEST PLAYER AND I'M STILL NOT SURE ,ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE THREE OF THEM HAVE A TROPHY COLLECTION TO BE PROUD OF AND YOU ONLY ACHIEVE THAT WITH TALENT.

FANTASTIC 30 YEARS BOYS AND I WOUDN'T MISS THIS...............CORNISH JAN MOLBY ;)

Goes without saying i'm available if required darren. Been a pleasure playing with all the buckleys over the past few years especially our J, hopefully hes going to still help us out a bit next year, big loss on and off the pitch.

Jan Molby we want you in the team mate we have all mentioned you for defo, also gee matt amd andy please all send me your mobile numbers so I can keep you informed on details love to see you all there Gee thanks fo your comments known you for such a long time and my bros and me have enjoyed your friendship as well as your dad and your bro!! see you soon lads.

Got some great guys coming out of retirement to play in this game we may need some zimmer frames for a few at least it's rolling subs and some of them will be rolling lol. Keep pm ing me we still are looking for the guys who played with us at marazion, Perranwell, holmans, Falmouth town, portreath and illogan come on guys your out there!