Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Sat 11th May 2013

I feel for pensilva. Pushing for promotion and st dennis pull in ringers, hold your head up pens you have done great this season with YOUR OWN players/squad and no ringers from liskeard which you could of done easily to secure promotion, like you said they are not breaking any rules but at the end of the day there league position will be false, time for cornwall fa to stop this happening its unfair to teams like pensilva......

I feel for pensilva. Pushing for promotion and st dennis pull in ringers, hold your head up pens you have done great this season with YOUR OWN players/squad and no ringers from liskeard which you could of done easily to secure promotion, like you said they are not breaking any rules but at the end of the day there league position will be false, time for cornwall fa to stop this happening its unfair to teams like pensilva......

they aint ringers they are part of a club one big squad get over it they wanted the 3 points they got them

Duchy 3

LC Pheonix 0 St.Minver 1

Minver played this game at a high tempo & gave the home side little in the way of clear cut chances. Minver put the difficulties of the last few weeks behind them to put in a great unified effort against one of the best sides in duchy football.

Goal Scorer NORTHCOTT (must be close for the League top scorer)

As manager it was difficult to pick any one player out.

Sharps Brewery MOTM Chris Andrews, Jason Keatley, Dayll Beesley (Cpt), Dan Haynes, Sam Cleeve, Joe Robinson, Richard Simmons, Ben Beesley, Mike Kempthorne, Steve Wooton, Jason Northcott, Chris Simmons, Paul Dingle, Corey Cleeve.

Champions ALL

Thanks to Phoenix for a great day and being such good runners up.

Blimey!!!

First of all i agree with Cornish Legend... i thought this was a results page and thats all i want to read on this page results and game reports, if you want to discuss things in great detail start a new topic!! im not getting involved in the debate as to take sides however as over the past 15 years that ive played in this league it has always been the same aguement and we have played against teams pulling in 1st teamers to avoid relagation or win promotion? which ever reason it happens and we have missed out of promotion a few times because of it.... it happens what can we do about it... i do disagree about dropping 2nd team players to play 1st teamers in certain situations as its unfair for the boys being dropped that play week in week out.. however thats upto the club and the respective managers and the players. We have never done it.... but then we dont have a 2nds lol.

Oh and conrats to St Minver well done!

Boscastle may well have had a couple first teamers in. But we weren't good enough to beat the on the day and they scored in the 90th min. Ref ruined the game trying to be center of attention and card happy all game. Ive not knocked a ref all season but this one was very poor to young to be doing a mans game.

Boscastle made us work very hard all game I for one was glad they played a couple first teamers. good bunch of lads though.

Boscastle may well have had a couple first teamers in. But we weren't good enough to beat the on the day and they scored in the 90th min. Ref ruined the game trying to be center of attention and card happy all game. Ive not knocked a ref all season but this one was very poor to young to be doing a mans game.

Boscastle made us work very hard all game I for one was glad they played a couple first teamers. good bunch of lads though.

Was this game in duchy 5? Only you seem to be slating the ref and surely if he is young he is only starting out n needs to start somewhere?? If you play in the lowest standard you are bound to get the lower standard refs! I'm sure the young lad just had an off day, which even we as players do

Was this game in duchy 5? Only you seem to be slating the ref and surely if he is young he is only starting out n needs to start somewhere?? If you play in the lowest standard you are bound to get the lower standard refs! I'm sure the young lad just had an off day, which even we as players do

It was a duchy 5 games and like I say I haven't had anything bad to say about a ref all season the standard has been good. But he was poor. For both sides not one. Yeah you got to start somewhere. but maybe the younger refs could start at youth football up to under 18s then pass a grade to ref mens. He thought he was centre of attention his attitude towards players you cant do it.

I play for Week St Mary and we will suffer first hand at St Dennis strengthening their side in May. Although its not ideal for many sides I personally don't blame them for our inevitable relegation. They did this last year so we were fully prepared for it when we cross-checked the end of season Duchy and SWPL fixtures, and they will do it again next year unless they have a completely new side. The irony is that we actually beat St Dennis containing Scott Hill, Mark Rowe, Kai Stone and Phil James.

We are in a transition from our side that took us through 5,4,3,2,1 to a lot of younger players coming up from the seconds who aren't ready for Div 1 yet so although we don't want to drop we accept that to go down for a couple of years may help us as a club, as Duchy 1 is tough week in week out and it's getting harder every year for a very small village to support a progressing club while other clubs in the area are doing well at present.

We have struggled with player commitment and injuries and not put out our strongest 11 in more than a handful of games. 9 out of 15 defeats by a single goal tells a story when we've not had the quality to kill teams off when on top.

The thing is strengthening your side seems fine for those who can do it, but the opinion of those on the receiving end counts for nothing and we are boring for trying to run our club properly. In my opinion strengthening within Duchyleague is OK but from Senior makes a very noticeable difference. Credit St Dom for using and developing youngster as we have.

It was a duchy 5 games and like I say I haven't had anything bad to say about a ref all season the standard has been good. But he was poor. For both sides not one. Yeah you got to start somewhere. but maybe the younger refs could start at youth football up to under 18s then pass a grade to ref mens. He thought he was centre of attention his attitude towards players you cant do it.

That already happens. Who was the referee?

Actually boscastle had 2 1st teamers in yesterday due to the fact we lost 4 to cricket and one to shopping with the misses also we had a veteran playing who scored our goal as for the ref I feel that your manager was on his back from the 1st whistle and didn't give him a chance to ref game we at boscastle try not to play 1st team In our 2nds unless were short as its not fair on the players who have played all season to be dropped as 2nd teamers going up we had a couple get 4 or 5 games in 1st for experince ! I also feel that our 2nds have improved alot though the season as since jan we have been playing alot better football and getting a bit of luck where we had none before ! One word on st columb felt they play reasonable footy at times but were much better at start of the season they are a physical side which they tried to use in 1st 20min of our games going in with some big tackles but we managed to keep them to long distance shooting most of the game ! Good luck to them in getting 2nd as think thats the 2nd best team we have faced

It may sound harsh but I for one don't think it's so bad 1st team players playing for their reserves, that's how clubs should function. St Dennis are in a unique position, where the gulf between their first team (SWPL) and there 2nd team (Duchy 1) is massive. Therefore, the players stepping in would make a huge difference. Most clubs (such as myself at Polperro) don't currently have that big a gap between our firsts and seconds, therefore if I played a couple of 1st teamers, no one would notice!

A bit harsh on the likes of Pensilva and Godolphin by the looks of the Gunnislake result, all plays into Biscoveys hands for the title!

For the record Get in.

St Columb reserves manager wasn't on the touchline, his assistant was.

But from what I'm to believe, Boscastle res played very well and St Columb not having a fixture for three weeks made the hosts below par.

But thanks for your kind words and I hope we do get the required 3pts for promotion.

But as I said earlier, well done Boscastle .

That already happens. Who was the referee?

Shane hendra

I think Shane Hendra reffed for us recently and he was poor in that game too. If it's the guy/kid I think, he must have forgoteen it was duchy 5 and mistaken it for champions league as just before the game he asked one of our players to remove his under armour shirt thingy as a bit of it was poking above the kit he was wearing and wasn't the same colour as the team kit. Thought that was petty. He was also unbelievably card happy with us. I had a feeling he was on a power trip.

Several 1st teamers ??? There was 4, muzzy chalks Scott hill browner. And browner was on bench, so started with 3, u probs didn't recognise any faces because a lot of the 2nd teamers didn't travel last week, they had to scrape a side. The bench was full off 3 players 1 was browner 1 was Ben barker who didn't go last week and the other was little 16 year old dan who also didn't go so not sure who u would have seen there that would have been best player for us last week !

It must of been Ben then who had a very good match last sat, fair play lee you've done nothing against the rules and got 3 pts in your quest of staying div 1 but what you have done though is upset sevearal clubs in the process this season so finishing top 3 next season will be a tough task no matter who you bring in.

it was either myself or dan from last week tony,cant believe i was dropped 2 be honest lol,came on n turned the game around by scoring our 2nd goal as well tut tut tut!!!

we at st dennis need the points 2 stay up as it helps get players in 4 next season (which we r hoping 2 get)think scott mite of been a little offside wen he played me in but as u well know u play 2 the whistle that didnt come so i carried on n scored

think quantick shud b worried as were out 2 tonk biscovey lol,hopefully get a chance 2 boot dale isbell as well

lee ricks ill b holding shooting n sprinting training over the summer if u n carl wud like a few pointers lol

good luck 2 pensilva 4 the rest of the season

I think Shane Hendra reffed for us recently and he was poor in that game too. If it's the guy/kid I think, he must have forgoteen it was duchy 5 and mistaken it for champions league as just before the game he asked one of our players to remove his under armour shirt thingy as a bit of it was poking above the kit he was wearing and wasn't the same colour as the team kit. Thought that was petty. He was also unbelievably card happy with us. I had a feeling he was on a power trip.

This is the same lad. I don't think he realizes its a mans game yet he like to be center of everything with some very poor decisions. I think hes far to immature to be in the position to ref a game. He must have nothing else to do but fill in forms for the FA to collect their pennies. :)

St Columb Major Reserves 1 - 1 Boscastle Reserves

St. Columb Major added a valuable point against a much improved Boscastle Reserves side to edge closer to promotion, however, the hosts will be disappointed to have been denied all three points with a late equaliser.

Although the home side made an indifferent start, despite Boscastle's hard work and dedication, Major goalkeeper Eliot Clarke had a relatively comfortable opening half-hour with central defensive pair Craig Hayes and Dan Ball looking assured in the Major back four. Elliot Webber had an impressive first half on his return from a lengthy absence, as did fellow full back John Middleditch, giving his all in a series of full-blooded challenges to keep the visitors at bay.

Major squandeded a series of opportunities to capitalise on the space behind Boscastle's central defensive pair, although the first half was littered with free kicks when the majority of crosses into the Boscastle area resulted in the referee penalising any contact, despite there being a great deal of similar incident occurring across the pitch. Major's midfield five looked a little disjointed as the home side failed to demonstrate some of the fine form that has justified some excellent results to date.

The deadlock was finally broken when Major midfielder David Menhenitt lofted a neat pass over a static Boscastle defence, allowing winger Luke Worrall to take the ball in his stride to calmly dispatch the ball over the stranded goalkeeper for a deserved lead. Despite having opportunities to extend their lead, Major went into half-time a goal to the good in the knowledge that a single goal advantage would always be precarious.

The second half continued in the same vein, with a series of free kicks followed by regular and somewhat excessive lecturing of players from the match official. Seemingly bolstered with new players, Boscastle offered a much firmer test than earlier in the season but were unable to offer a great deal going forward; yet Major should have put the result beyond doubt when Menhenitt's persistence was rewarded, having closed down two dithering defenders to storm through on goal. Sadly Menhenitt's finish was wayward and the narrow margin was maintained.

A further incident in the final ten minutes summed up the afternoon, with a seemingly good finish from Jay Tipton flagged for offside with the Major midfielder striking the ball past two Boscastle defenders and into the bottom corner. Although an offside flag was raised for a brief period, having looked over at his assistant, the referee gave a goal and with both sides organised for kick off, pressure from a Boscastle player on the match official resulted in a discussion with the assistant, who, despite having out his flag down, influenced the referee to disallow the goal in favour of a free kick for the visitors. Such an outcome only reinforced the inevitability of further controversy which duly arrived as a narrow battle concluded in bizarre circumstances.

Referee Shane Hendra found six additional minutes, providing enough time for Boscastle to force two late corners, with the latter headed home from close range for the equaliser. There was somehow still time for two more Major attacks, with both Ryan Worrall and Tom Ball having shots blocked in the box to deny a late winner. As the game was concluding a clear handball in the Boscastle area somehow went unpunished by Hendra who claimed he failed to see a clear infringement from a matter of yards, much to the delight of the Boscastle players who saw the funny side of a decision that capped a frustrating day for the home side.

Man of the match - John Middleditch

This is the same lad. I don't think he realizes its a mans game yet he like to be center of everything with some very poor decisions. I think hes far to immature to be in the position to ref a game. He must have nothing else to do but fill in forms for the FA to collect their pennies. :)

yer that is very ture

I understand he's only been reffing for about 18 months and so still learning the game. At 19 probably also getting to grips with how to control "grown-ups"!

Maybe a case of giving the guy some help, or it could be like an experienced ref of many years said to me recently:-"There won't be any refs coming up through the system in a couple years time. The clubs will have to get people to do it!" :ninja:

I understand he's only been reffing for about 18 months and so still learning the game. At 19 probably also getting to grips with how to control "grown-ups"!

Maybe a case of giving the guy some help, or it could be like an experienced ref of many years said to me recently:-"There won't be any refs coming up through the system in a couple years time. The clubs will have to get people to do it!" :ninja:

Agree there Dave. Shane may not be the best but is certainly not the worst I have seen.

As a young lad only just starting it out he would be well within his right to jack it in after the comments on here. And where would we be then in a few years time when the older generation of refs retire.

We'd all be on here moaning as there isn't a game as not enough ref's.

Get a grip, give our refs some help and slack sometimes they are there to try ad enjoy it as much as we are

Agree with Steve give the boy some slack he's young and starting out as a ref must be hard ... Without young people like Shane starting as a new referree in years to come we would have games off left right and centre through referree shortages

Hopefully Shane ignores these comments and continues to be a referee for seasons to come

Try not to slate any referees if possible. No matter what decision they make, they will upset at least 11 people. The main thing you need to ask for in any ref of any age and of whatever experience is the big C = consistency

Knowing the laws and applying them is two different things. The art of refereeing is applying the laws to real situations which is easier said then done. There is no such thing as 'crap' referees but experienced ones and inexperiensed ones.

Been reffing now for 8 years and the ref I was when I started is completly different to one I am now (and no I dont mean being fatter and slower)!! :P

Knowing the laws and applying them is two different things. The art of refereeing is applying the laws to real situations which is easier said then done. There is no such thing as 'crap' referees but experienced ones and inexperiensed ones.

Been reffing now for 8 years and the ref I was when I started is completly different to one I am now (and no I dont mean being fatter and slower)!! :P

What about your eyesight ????