Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Sat 11th May 2013

Torpoint Athletic 2-2 Fowey United

Fantastic performance from the lads. Dominated with the ball and were rewarded with a late goal from Sam West. Credit to Fowey who stuck to their game plan. A very organised team and they'll flourish next season. Graham O'Neill scored Torpoints first.

Good luck to Fowey for next season.

Luke Gibbons TAFC Manager.

LC Phoenix 0 - 1 St Minver

Minver win Duchy 3 with a deserved 3 points in this top of the table clash.

Phoenix have had a good season but only created one real chance today and were a bit lacking all over the park.

Well done to Minver from us all here at Phoenix and we look forward to playing you again in Duchy 2.

St Dennis needing the points obviously to avoid being relegated. 4 1st teamers today muzzy ricks, chalks browner and Scott hill and YES they will be playing the remainder of the 2nd team games. A clubs 1st team helping out the SAME clubs 2nd team.

Why are St Dennis pulling In ringers when clearly they are not good enough to stay in Duchy one its a joke and your cheating yourselfs drop down a league and reshape #onlysaying

Because they want to stay in this league and are looking to rebuild and push for promotion next season to the prem, this year was a bit of a shambles for the 2nds, but with what's lined up hopefully next year they will be a top 3 team. Players from the same club helping the reserves out isn't a problem. Get over it

Totally agree with you ashes 17. We have played alot of 16/17 year olds this season and have not called upon our 1st team once. Except and re build st Dennis it's the best thing for your local lads!!!!!! Your just cheating yourselfs

Explain how we are cheating ourselfs ! As a club there is no reason why some 1st team lads can't help out the 2nds when needed, we do it as a CLUB. It isn't as if any of the senior lads for the 2nds today play for a different club, they all represent st Dennis.

Zzzzzzzzzz boring, we need to keep the 2nds in duchy 1 to get them were we want them. How many other clubs play senior players from there 1st team to help out there reserves! We're not the only club that does it, teams only kick up when they get beaten by those sides. I wonder what would have been said if pensilver won today !!!!!

L Ricks your second team are not good enough to play duchy one if your first teamers are helping out to keep them in that league its false and a joke to get points I understand if your bringing first team players back for fitness but to survive tut tut tut drop into duchy two

L.ricks9 look bud if your 1st team season was still going you would not of played for the 2nds today and you would have found it a lot harder against pensilva probably losing. You have gained nothing today unless your 2nd team sign alot of new players for next season???

If not they will be fighting relegation again next season and that's not fair on the lads that have struggled this season. We as a club have not called upon our 1st once this seasons to gain points. It's false FACT.!!!!!!.... You can't hide behind it bud. If your 2nds dropped down a league your 2nd team players may improve and be able to express there selfs a bit more as players and individuals in a lower league. Rebuilding is never a bad thing.???

Didn't u read and understand my post ! I said they needed to play 1st teamers today to avoid getting relegated, and yes they have a few new faces coming in next season hense why I said there looking to finish in the top 3 next year, so, as a CLUB we need to keep them in the league.

A few new faces!!! I take it you got a whole village coming along to make your 2nds a top 3 side in div 1. As a manager if your squad is not good enough just accept and drop down and rebuild. How would you feel as a player if you were benched for a 1st teamer. But needed week in week out when the 1st teamers are not available. Plus it's costing your club money to reinstate you guys.

But haven't you played for st dennis 1st st Dennis 2nds and nanpean this season ? Tbf your seconds are a nice bunch of lads and probably going down this season would help them out, when we played you I don't think u had a shot in 180 minutes ! U need to regroup rebuild and get a core of your team to build around #justsaying! Playing 1st teamers yawn!!!

LC Phoenix 0 St Minver 1

St Minver walked away with all three points in this cagey end of season winner-takes-all game. Prior this match Phoenix had gone 42 league games without not scoring at least a goal a game, so credit must go to St Minver for keeping the alumni team at bay throughout the 90 minutes. This has been a challenging and close run season; on the balance of things Minver deserved the title. Well done to them!

The White Hart Hotel Man of the Match award: Ryan Cox- when Phoenix were taking necessary risks in the second half, Cox ensured he linked the play from defence to attack in a classic sweeper role.

I thought this was a results page not lets talk crap about st dennis!!

To be honest a club works together to help eachother out. Its happening now at other clubs. If you think you have a strong side fair play let the results do the talking. The players that played today are locals what does it matter 4 players don't make a team they just help the team. pick your dummies up and get on with it

I thought this was a results page not lets talk crap about st dennis!!

To be honest a club works together to help eachother out. Its happening now at other clubs. If you think you have a strong side fair play let the results do the talking. The players that played today are locals what does it matter 4 players don't make a team they just help the team. pick your dummies up and get on with it

Finally, A voice of reason, now drop this boring convo

As manager of pensilva i found it very disrespectful today towards myself and our club, we played St Dennis Reserves last saturday we beat them comfortably 3-1 we only reconconised 5-6 faces today to find that we were playing against several pennisula players, probably the best player from last saturday was on the bench to make room for a first teamer i wonder how he feels about being dropped? I agree with several comments above lee, i do feel you need to rebuild and dropping down a division won't hurt in doing that and then moving up through the divisions in your rebuilding process. I personally also feel we should of got something from the match we had a disallowed goal, we also had 2 great penalty shouts, and muzzy made 2 fantastic clearances off the line, St Dennis scored a goal which was a definate offside which the refereee went against his assistants flag. If St Dennis play the side we played against today for their remaining games they will definately stay up but i do feel sorry for the likes of gunnislake and week st mary who probably will go down..

Several 1st teamers ??? There was 4, muzzy chalks Scott hill browner. And browner was on bench, so started with 3, u probs didn't recognise any faces because a lot of the 2nd teamers didn't travel last week, they had to scrape a side. The bench was full off 3 players 1 was browner 1 was Ben barker who didn't go last week and the other was little 16 year old dan who also didn't go so not sure who u would have seen there that would have been best player for us last week !

Take the loss on the chin and build on your own performance. If I got dropped for a 1st teamer to play yeah it would pea me off but id be chomping at the bit to make a put. All st dennis are trying to do is use their club. What you want them to do roll over and accept relegation no they aint going to do that so you do what it takes to stay in their. theirs no rules broken or cheating its a club game.

Lee these on here wont understand that its a club game, nothing wrong with players droping down to help a the reserves out and also second teamers stepping up for the first team, by the sounds of it if they didnt then you wouldnt have been able to raise a side and then im sure they would have moaned about having no game!! Good result and should be safe now!!

Several 1st teamers ??? There was 4, muzzy chalks Scott hill browner. And browner was on bench, so started with 3, u probs didn't recognise any faces because a lot of the 2nd teamers didn't travel last week, they had to scrape a side. The bench was full off 3 players 1 was browner 1 was Ben barker who didn't go last week and the other was little 16 year old dan who also didn't go so not sure who u would have seen there that would have been best player for us last week !

It must of been Ben then who had a very good match last sat, fair play lee you've done nothing against the rules and got 3 pts in your quest of staying div 1 but what you have done though is upset sevearal clubs in the process this season so finishing top 3 next season will be a tough task no matter who you bring in.