Cornwall Football Forum

Threemilestone - ooops

I see Threemilestone have made their bid for Combination League football all the more harder by being docked 4 points for playing ineligible player(s) on 30th March and 3rd April.

This knocks them back to 10th in the table. Whereas they were 5 points off a promotion place with two games in hand they are now 9 points away with those games to play.

This means Falmouth Albion have been award 3 points and Illogan 2 points. So Illogan are still on the road to get a full 100% of their available points having earned 60 points from 20 games with 8 to play. Falmouth Albion have now gained an extra 6 points this season!

Teams generally (not always) lose points due to administration errors. It is a shame when this happens.

Many teams get away with playing ineligible players by adding a different name to the team sheet and get away with it!

If a team loses points (unless contested by the opposition) it is more often a genuine mistake.

Teams generally (not always) lose points due to administration errors. It is a shame when this happens.

Many teams get away with playing ineligible players by adding a different name to the team sheet and get away with it!

If a team loses points (unless contested by the opposition) it is more often a genuine mistake.

So ID cards would stop that then?!

Not really, because clubs can sign 2 players on, on the day of the game. by filling in his details on the bottom of the team sheet without the need for an i.d. card. What would help is if a player could inform the secretary who he has played for previously!!!

Not really, because clubs can sign 2 players on, on the day of the game. by filling in his details on the bottom of the team sheet without the need for an i.d. card. What would help is if a player could inform the secretary who he has played for previously!!!

I assume this isn't what happened v Illogan though?

I assume this isn't what happened v Illogan though?

I'm not aware of the full details, but from what i can gather the Tms secretary reinstated a player from perranporth 1st team, unaware that the player had also played a few games early season for their trelawney side. So the player was a registered perran player and still is, he should of done a transfer form to sign for Tms. Bit of a **** up all round really!