Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 1, Dorchester 2

The general consensus is £2000 signing on fee; approaching £200 per game and a goal bonus on top. Who can blame the players? I think the guys who cough up the money are the daft one!

I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that Dorchester Town were short of cash, being in a position to offer Kieffer a contract it could be they are hoping for him to move on for a quick cash return.

Isn't that the sort of money that truro were offering players back a few years ago? Mr Smith was rumoured to be on around 400 a game. What do you think it was that tempted Mr yetton away from tivvy?

I think you'll find Darren, probably more money than that! Absolutely silly money and unfortunately the club is still paying for it!

Credit too the lad he didn't celebrate for both his goals so he still has loyalty too the club and I am not being funny but wouldn't you move too a bigger club if you are getting more money. It's the same for all local football I'm afraid

I wouldn't call Dorchester a bigger club just because Cornwall's Duke sniffs around that area and opened their new ground, where did the funds come from for that?

The Duchy of Cornwall funds so many things in the Dorchester Area perhaps Truro City should ground share FOC if ever we become homeless, Charles's offspring used North Cornwall for their high jinks with their mates during their nappy era but when will the royals ever do anything for Cornwall instead of take, take, take.

We are further adrift from main stream Britain now than when Trelawney had his say.