Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 16th February 2013

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

16th February 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Simon Spear) 1-3 St Ives Town (Ian Hodges, Jordan Kirtan, Joel McWilliams)

Att - 22

Goonhavern Athletic (Marc Wilson 3, Paul Robertson) 4-1 St Just (Lee Patchett)

Att - 33

Hayle Reserves 0-4 Ludgvan (Gerens James, Joe Day, Jack Ramsey, OG)

Att - 35

Holman SC (Jason Blight) 1-4 Newquay Reserves (Ross London 2, Josh Sims, Ollie Downing)

Att - 15

Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson 2, James Rowbury) 3-2 Pendeen Rovers (Ashley Ellis, Scott Meagor)

Att - 54

RNAS Culdrose (Jack Valentine) 1-5 Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 3, Luke Wort, Ben Widdershoven)

Att - 19

St Agnes (Bradley Leivers, Sam Hatfield, Justin Andrew) 3-1 Mullion (Dan Jenkin)

Att - 45

St Day (Matt Witts, Mikey Davies) 2-1 Troon (Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 38

Wendron United (Ben Ambrose 2, Justin Searle, Adam Barnicoat) 4-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Steve Kellow)

Att - 50

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 21 18 1 2 62 24 38 55
2 ST DAY 23 17 2 4 74 34 40 53
3 LUDGVAN 22 13 2 7 62 38 24 41
4 PENDEEN ROVERS 21 12 4 4 57 32 25 40
5 PERRANWELL 20 12 3 5 54 29 25 39
6 ST IVES TOWN 18 10 7 1 53 25 28 37
7 MULLION 24 11 3 10 63 65 -2 36
8 WENDRON UNITED 21 10 5 6 46 36 10 35
9 ST AGNES 20 10 4 6 47 33 14 34
10 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 21 10 4 7 53 46 7 34
11 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 20 9 4 7 44 36 8 31
12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 21 8 2 11 40 48 -8 26
13 ST JUST 21 7 3 11 38 48 -10 24
14 RNAS CULDROSE 18 6 5 7 46 44 2 23
15 TROON 20 6 2 12 42 49 -7 20
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 20 6 2 12 38 67 -29 20
17 HAYLE RESERVES 23 5 4 14 33 65 -32 19
18 NEWQUAY RESERVES 21 4 3 14 34 60 -26 15
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 24 3 2 19 34 86 -52 11
20 HOLMAN SC 23 2 2 19 28 83 -55 8

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Randy Jackson" data-cid="230653" data-time="1361033213"><p>

Hayle 0 ludgvan 4<br />

<br />

Gerens James, Joe Day, jack Ramsey and an own goal</p></blockquote>

Scoreline doesnt really reflect the game, hayle started 1st half brightly creating a few good chances that werent taken with 1st goal against run of play then a softish penalty which was scored, 1st half finished 2nil to ludgvan, 2nd half ludgvan had plenty of chances scored 2 but hayle still created a couple chances and deserved at least a goal for all their hard word! At least it wasnt 7nil as predicted by bigbadbarry, got quite a few predictions wrong!

went to watch the first half at perranwell and wasnt let down, this was a battle from the off, a good clean one might i add, the pitch has seen better days and both teams struggled to pass it around, i can see why pendeen are doing so well, but likewise perranwell keep pulling these results out of the bag so they must be doing something right!!

we then left at HT and headed down to ST Day, on arrival we heard a load of abuse coming from one of the ST Day players, which was directed towards his own groundsman and nearly ended in a fight between the two!! the half started and st day grabbed a couple of early goals, troon were awarded a pen by the home lino, and all hell broke loose! the st day manager is a disgrace to football, and what he said and did to his own linesman makes you think why would any man ever do the line again for him! a bobardment of 4 letter words flying towards him, and then the ref, who himself had 90 mins of non stop foul mouthed abuse from the st day players, we were on the balcony with some locals and they were not happy at all!

3 points for the club, but at what cost.........?!

Holman Sports Club 1-4 Newquay

Att 15 + the 15 watching the reserves on the next pitch over =30......got to get the stats up!!!!

Holman Goalscorer -Jason Blight club skipper

Massive game for both sides.....luckily even though Newquay had a bare 11 we decided that it would be a great idea to all have our worst game of the season all in the same match.....bit like when girls who all live together have their 'special time' in sync!!!!

Nice sunny day at Blaythorne the pitch was looking a fine flat pristine condition much like what you would expect at the end of Feb with the Noah Ark weather recently and many thanks to the visitors for pointing out how remarkably bump free the ground was looking and I'm ensuring we get the architect who did the Millenium Stadium in as soon as possible to rectify the situation with a roof and hopefully he will accept free club membership and a pint of Guiness as payment!!!!

On the squad front we lost Paramedic Phil Greenlaw who was off being a duty hero somewhere and Marcus Smith was absent off being injured somewhere!!!! but Holmans welcomed the return of Alex Clark and The singing sensation Charlie Tasker who's had 1000 you tube hits this week after last weeks match report....ok it was 50 but he will say thanks eventually check out this weeks masterpiece here....http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rvuwzjs2QQ&feature=plcp.........truly amazing I'm off to buy the T Shirt!

Anyway on to the game Newquay started brightly which was a shame as apart from Macca whos as old as me I was hoping school might have tired the rest of them all out this week. Jase basically lost us the game by winning the coin toss and deciding to punt towards the railway track end....it's well documented in previous posts we are crap that way so next thing you know we are being great at not stringing any passes together....an art form we are perfecting and Newquay are putting us under pressure....we held out for 20min until a break down the right to our goaline was swung over. To be fair if I got my head to it the own goal would of been of Gareth Barry silkiness however I'm sure as the ball was coming over I heard Ben shout "Pitty my dear chap leave it for my safe like hands and allow the ball to nestle into my gloves"..........what he was actually saying was "Pitty you silly old bugger clear that with your noggin or these dastardly surfers from up north will score and we will be 1-0 down".........bugger....lets just say ballsed that one up 0-1!!!!

General car crashness and lack of effort followed...a 2nd goal followed by another balls up by me that allowed Newquay to sprint the length of the field and make it 3 which meant that the changing room was a proper disneyworld happy place at half time!

Ht 0-3

2nd half was a bit better. Tasky made a bit of a truffle shuffle bringing Alex on as thankfully he had no stag night to go to this weekend!!! And we started to put the Newquay defence under so much pressure they had to put away the deck chairs they had out in the first half...obviously we conceded another goal but Jase managed to sneak in a consolation one which was quite good as the Newquay left back must have been a bit peckish as had a bite out of Jase's arm during an altercation......better then horse burger I hear.....Jase got booked obviously for using his arm as an offensive weapon!!!!

Full time 1-4.....now the fat lady ain't singing but she's cancelled her weight watchers subscription and is auditioning for X factor so relegation may be a bit of a possibility.....last match report next week for a month as sadly off to top up my tan with work in a sunnier climate but a good one to go out on as we are off to see Steve curnows barmy army down at St Just

Had 6 Guiness and broke out the leftover mulled wine so apologies to anyone I've not offended :)

Wendron 4-2 Penryn, a very good three points for Wendron. We started well and we two goals up within twenty five minutes, courtesy of Justin Searle and a very good finish from Adam Barnicoat. Penryn were reduced to ten men after a nasty incident on our young left back. As is so often the case this probably didnt do us much good, we took our foot of the gas. We could not take advantage of our numerical supremacy and after half time Penryn reorganised and put us under a lot of pressure, making us look a bit jittery all over the pitch. They got their reward with a goal from Steve Kellow. We had a few half chances but did not test Chris Pellow in the Penryn goal. Penryn went looking to equalise and they became more stretched at the back, Ben Ambrose took full advantage of this, twice in the last twelve minutes, with two quality right foot strikes, to put the result beyond doubt. The scoreline may have slightly flattered us yesterday but it is testiment to the team when we don't play that that well and still come away with a win in a local derby. Good luck to Phil and Penryn for the rest of the season.

went to watch the first half at perranwell and wasnt let down, this was a battle from the off, a good clean one might i add, the pitch has seen better days and both teams struggled to pass it around, i can see why pendeen are doing so well, but likewise perranwell keep pulling these results out of the bag so they must be doing something right!!

we then left at HT and headed down to ST Day, on arrival we heard a load of abuse coming from one of the ST Day players, which was directed towards his own groundsman and nearly ended in a fight between the two!! the half started and st day grabbed a couple of early goals, troon were awarded a pen by the home lino, and all hell broke loose! the st day manager is a disgrace to football, and what he said and did to his own linesman makes you think why would any man ever do the line again for him! a bobardment of 4 letter words flying towards him, and then the ref, who himself had 90 mins of non stop foul mouthed abuse from the st day players, we were on the balcony with some locals and they were not happy at all!

3 points for the club, but at what cost.........?!

IS THE PRESSURE GETTING 2 THEM AT ST DAY? THERE GROUNDSMAN MARK DOES ALOT 4 THE CLUB SO HOPE THE CLUB WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINEST THE PLAYER AS LOYAL PEOPLE LIKE MARK R HARD 2 FIND

Hi all,

The club is just fine and no pressure anywhere. Next time you visit Vogue Park Pointers please find me and shake my hand so I know who you are. Thank you for your comments on last week’s results thread praising our club, just didn’t have a lot of time last week to post. The disagreement between me another player only came about from his actions. Players not respecting the clubs facilities, kit and hard working people is totally unacceptable in any club, also when we as a club and the groundstaff work hard keeping them looking smart by painting changing rooms many times throughout a season, the surrounding areas kept clean and smart and working as hard as we all do. I also detest swearing when we have a lot of ladies and kids now coming to our club on a Saturday afternoon. The player was already dealt with by the managers by the time I had finish working on the pitch after the match so no problems there.

The abuse from our managers towards Adrian the linesman, I can only put down to as a stressful reaction. Yes I agree to some extent, we are keeping on Illogan tale and decision like that could cost us points especially the way Troon were playing yesterday, and it is hard and when knowing full well that other linesman wouldn’t give penalties against their own club, however everybody that knows Adrian will and can tell you that he is as honest as you will ever find and does a lot of jobs people wouldn’t think of taking on. We missed a lot of chances yesterday that can’t be blamed on a linesman but that’s football. The abuse is defiantly unacceptable and I can assure you will be address by the chairman, and it was dealt with by the ref yesterday. However the referee said after the game he was awarding the penalty anyway, however Adrian was waving his flag as if he had seen something the referee hadn’t before he placed the flag across his chest, but the penalty was going to be awarded anyway, so not Adrian's fault I think.

Apart from all that the game was harder for us than I think people thought it was going to be when you look at league table positions. Troon with a few key players out didn’t give up chasing every ball and putting us under a lot of pressure. The keeper made several good saves and when you’ve got players like Jason & Ashley Smeeth and Jamie Marles your team is going to be hard to beat. The game was played in a good sprit and nice to see all the boys in the bar after the game.

Well done to Troon and as I said too many yesterday keep up the hard work, running football clubs is harder than some people might think.

Well done to the St Day players yesterday, digging deep and winning those sorts of games will pay off in the long run. Great results all around yesterday, let’s all keep the Flag flying for the club. Well done to all managers yesterday getting the teams on the field your hard work & time is noticed by me and many others.

Hopefully spring is on the way and you can all start moaning the pitches are too hard very soon!!!!hahahaha.

Good health too all and hopefully see you all very soon. As always any further question contact me. mleah@redruth.cornwall.sch.uk or 07875596798

How u no there was 90min of abuse from st day players u only saw the second half.

Pointers also saw an elbow at St Ives v Penryn the other week while he was standing at Ludgvan watching them play, take what he says as a pinch of salt Phats.

Gents please take all of my posts as a pinch of salt, after all it is only my opinion, i do however have one, and i will air it. 90 mins of abuse, well after the 2nd 45 mins of what i saw, i'm just taking a wild stab that the first wasnt much different?! i've got nothing against ST Day, nor any other club in the combo as i've statded before, i have said a few comments about illogan which is why i'm guessing mikeyp is jumping onto this, but again in those posts what i was saying was constructive in my eyes, they are a different pair from yours so i can only presumme mine are on the way out which is understandable....! but dont feel that my post is incorrect, and yours is, as others will deem you in the wrong, thats the beauty of life! a difference of opinion,if we didnt have that, what would become of our saturdays in the clubhouse??! i'm just saying either take it in, or dont, either way it'll keep on coming!

like i said in my previous post i do feel that the ST Day manager was bang out of order in marching up the touchline and firing what he did at one of his clubmen, i am all for passion etc etc, but lets not get that confused i do wish ST Day all the best as i've stated before they have one of the best set ups in the county, and if my hearing is right have applied to go up a league, with the squad they've got they'll do more than hold their own, i'm just saying they should also be looking at what sort of club they want to grow into, and what sort of reputation they want to be associated with?

Mark, i'm guessing you was the gent on the tractor at the end, your doing a cracking job down their, that lad who was giving you the abuse should be banned from your club, i didnt see what he was like on the pitch as he was subbbed off by the looks of things, but you could play like rooney, but behave like that at this standard and your out the door son!

In response to Marks posting; how refreshing it is to read a response so honest regarding hos own club, in what has clearly been a couple of negative events on the day. I think it shows how much people like Mark care about their club; and I applaud his honesty. How many other clubmen would talk about those events for all to see - I think most would deny them or say nothing. Good luck Mark, it's great to hear you are getting great recognition for you and your colleagues efforts.

With regard to Pointers - I can't see any bias or prejudice in his/her comments... in fact Mark pretty much confirmed everything in his posting. Had pointers not given his honest opinion on what he had saw would we 'the viewing forum members' have ever heard of this, probably not. Without your 'Pointers' forums would be pretty dull places!

Good luck to St Day, and gutted my side Mullion had a bad day at the office.

Best,

Deano

Pointers, thanks for your comments and I was waiting for it be mentioned. Yes I was the madman on the tractor at the end,haha. Managers show passion as we’ve said above at he has since apologised so let’s just forget it. I would welcome you at the club anytime, but as I said please make yourself known. You and Dean are correct without people like yourself the forum wouldn't be a forum and I’m all up for banter and fun, but don’t take it too far.

Deano you know I’m an honest man and will always tell it as it is. We as a club are trying to work on the key things of being a community club and honesty is the only way forward between players, supporters, committee and most importantly parents. Some say don’t post but I feel that social media sites such as this, used correctly can be good for individuals and in this case clubs. It’s better that a club comes out says the truth and then there can be no speculation or rumours and then everyone can move on.

Unlucky with your result Deano, there is next week bud and its only football. Thanks for all the kind comments, the hard work by everyone is very slowing paying off. Keep up the good work to all clubmen.

Mark

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigbadbarry" data-cid="230867" data-time="1361212943"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Nemesis" data-cid="230695" data-time="1361038534"><p>Pitty, look forward to the usual excellent report and articulate comment. Is it right that Newquay had just 9 players ? That is what we were told via phone this afternoon.</p></blockquote>

WHY DID YOUR RES GO 2 HOLMANS WITH A BARE 11 WEN U HAV 4 TEAMS AT NEWQUAY???</p></blockquote>

3rds where also short of players, not sure about the 4ths

Hang on fellas, hold your horses no promotion yet, this is the highest position we have ever been in the combo. The club has taken a massive rebuilding process in the last 3 years and the ship is now stable (I hope).

St Darren is right, funding etc would have to be assured. The committee I would say are happy where the club is and the progress we are making. The facilities are up to SWPL standard, all that would need to be done is to make the pitch 2 yards wider, which is possible.

Mark

Call me Stato, but I don't think this is the first time St Day have been second in the Combo table. During their first year in senior football under Andy Tasker, they had an excellent run towards the end of the season with Stuart Reynolds, Brian Hawke, Gareth Jones, Danny Watts, Mark Uren and Perran Cooke in the side and got up to second and looked like possible league winners, but the momentum was lost and they slipped down to finish fifth. Matt Witts still remains from that side. Would have been promoted but for the pitch width. Wendron finished eighth and went up instead. Good luck this time round smile.png

Call me Stato, but I don't think this is the first time St Day have been second in the Combo table. During their first year in senior football under Andy Tasker, they had an excellent run towards the end of the season with Stuart Reynolds, Brian Hawke, Gareth Jones, Danny Watts, Mark Uren and Perran Cooke in the side and got up to second and looked like possible league winners, but the momentum was lost and they slipped down to finish fifth. Matt Witts still remains from that side. Would have been promoted but for the pitch width. Wendron finished eighth and went up instead. Good luck this time round smile.png

THEY HAV A BETTER SQUAD OF PLAYERS NOW THO AND BY THE LOOKS OF THE LEAGUE TABLE A TOP 2 FINISH LOOKS IS ON THE CARDS IF NOT CHAMPIONS