Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO V DOVER

Dover have not lost an away game for over a year, the task facing City is enormous, the lads have been digging in for months, with the crowd behind them there could be an upset, despite everything we are capable of beating anyone in the Conference south. we have already drawn with league leaders Salisbury.

It will be interesting to note what people think of the 7.00 pm kick off allowing people to get early to bed for early to rise,

Final Result: Truro 0 Dover 3

Interested in the attendance if any one has it?

Crowd was a very disappointing 279!

As for the performance - result very flattering to Dover.

First goal was scruffy, and the two second half ones - caught on the break. Considering Dover third in table, there was nothing between the two sides!

Absolutely ridiculous that teams should be expected to travel so far midweek!

As the game should have been played on Saturday 13th October I assume that there is no Saturday available between now and the end of the season.

Yep may well be the case but I don't understand why it was imperative to play the game so quickly after being postponed last Tuesday. Probably the Administrators gambling on playing it and getting some much needed funds in - in mid winter it was always a gamble and in the end well and truly backfired on them!

What you want and what you get ..............

The sad thing is that two clubs last Saturday got an even lower crowd than the Truro one tonight!

Boreham Wood 0 - 1 Weston-S-Mare 202 Hayes & Yeading 1 - 3 AFC Hornchurch 141

(although to be fair to Hayes, they could still be ground sharing I guess with Woking)

Yep may well be the case but I don't understand why it was imperative to play the game so quickly after being postponed last Tuesday. Probably the Administrators gambling on playing it and getting some much needed funds in - in mid winter it was always a gamble and in the end well and truly backfired on them!

Do the clubs have the final say on scheduling or do the league? If I was Dover I would request that the fixture was played as soon as possible after the original date of 13th October. They might think that Truro could have a stronger side in the spring when, (hopefully), they are out of administration! Anyway whenever played it would almost certainly have been a midweek game.

279 on a freezing wet cold windy Tuesday winters evening all paying £11 each not that dissappinting

It is when the people who kept the club alive suggested they really wanted to hit at least 600!

Dave I know your passion for the club...... but sadly it's only ticking on until the end of the season.......

279 on a freezing wet cold windy Tuesday winters evening all paying £11 each not that dissappinting

It is when the people who kept the club alive suggested they really wanted to hit at least 600!

Dave I know your passion for the club...... but sadly it's only ticking on until the end of the season.......

Might not be that long as things seem to be struggling to get settled at the moment and suggestions that one of the Bond Payers is wanting to withdraw!

Might not be that long as things seem to be struggling to get settled at the moment and suggestions that one of the Bond Payers is wanting to withdraw!

Lets hope that things resolve themselves quickly allowing the club to be able to fully focus on football once again....