Cornwall Football Forum

Truro Given Another Winding Up Order?

Date: 30 March 2012 Issue Number: 60104 Page number: 6454

Publication Date: Friday, 30 March 2012

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Companies Court     No 2161 of 2012

In the Matter of TRURO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

(Company Number 05269610)

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 05269610, of 31 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2LS, principal trading address at Treyew Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2TH, presented on 7 March 2012 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, of Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Buildings, Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1NL, on 30 April 2012, at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 27 April 2012.

The Petitioners’ Solicitor is the Solicitor to HM Revenue and Customs, Solicitor’s Office, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, telephone 020 7438 6363. (Ref SLR 1394596/37/J.)

30 March 2012.

(1564030)

As reported from the West Briton site:-

"Truro City chairman Kevin Heaney said today that the club would pay the £51,000 owed to the taxman after the club faced a second winding up order from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

Earlier this year the financially troubled Blue Square Bet South club escaped being wound up when a six figure outstanding tax bill was paid.

But HRMC have now issued another winding up order - set to be heard in the Royal Courts of Justice on Monday April 30 - just two days after he end of City's league season.

Today Mr Heaney confirmed that HRMC had served a fresh winding up order.

In a statement he said: "Truro City can confirm that HM Revenue and Customs have served a fresh winding-up petition for £51,000 on Truro City FC, in relation to tax issues.

He said: "We can confirm that at the last hearing we paid 100 per cent of what we were asked to pay at that point.

"HMRC indicated that there would be some further monies to pay and we said we would clear these monies in April, by agreement, but HMRC rejected this and subsequently told us they wanted the £51,000 sum to be paid immediately.

"We reiterated our wish to delay payment until April, which was again rejected, and the winding-up order has now been issued, for hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice on April 30.

"The club can confirm that the £51,000 will be paid in full by that date."

City are in action at Staines Town today in a crucial relegation battle."

TISA should form a City Of Truro FC and seek advice from AFC Wimbledon on what to do next.

Nemesis, TISA is not the club, TISA has a small number of members, many like me who can only support away,

are you forgetting the other 500 odd who regularly attend matches at Treyew Road, they are equally important.

TISA's contribution to Truro City Football TEAM is vocal support home and away that's it. In the future some may

attempt to use TISA as an ally to further their own ambitions to gain control of the club but that ploy won't work.

TISA is not the answer and would not have the finace to support a team playing at any level where would they obtain

an affordable ground, facilities, finance and a team.

Sorry to disappoint you JUDGE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TRURO CITy are still ALIVE and KICKING.

When the six-figure sum was paid earlier this year Mr H was quoted as saying all monies owed had been paid or words to that effect. Now he is quoted as saying that at the time HMRC made reference to some further payments that needed to be made. When such contradictions are made public, is it any wonder that no one else is interested in investing in the club? It doesn't take much of a genius to work out that with all the smoke around - the groundsman situation, HMRC, the transfer embargo, the succession of confrontations, sackings and resignations, the club is doomed to crash in flames unless somehow ownership of the club can be amicably transferred to someone else, be it one person or a consortium.

But who owns the ground now?

TISA should form a City Of Truro FC and seek advice from AFC Wimbledon on what to do next.

Nemesis, TISA is not the club, TISA has a small number of members, many like me who can only support away,

are you forgetting the other 500 odd who regularly attend matches at Treyew Road, they are equally important.

TISA's contribution to Truro City Football TEAM is vocal support home and away that's it. In the future some may

attempt to use TISA as an ally to further their own ambitions to gain control of the club but that ploy won't work.

TISA is not the answer and would not have the finace to support a team playing at any level where would they obtain

Sorry to disappoint you JUDGE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TRURO CITy are still ALIVE and KICKING.

If the REAL Truro City fans want to be sure of watching a team that they have some connection with in the future, then someone should form City of Truro FC and contact AFC Wimbledon for advice... I have been banging on for years about the Man and was slagged off by all and sundry, everything I have said has come true. If you want to see football continue in the City, then TISA need to act asap.

If the REAL Truro City fans want to be sure of watching a team that they have some connection with in the future, then someone should form City of Truro FC and contact AFC Wimbledon for advice... I have been banging on for years about the Man and was slagged off by all and sundry, everything I have said has come true. If you want to see football continue in the City, then TISA need to act asap.

Nemesis, we know you have been banging on, we also know you haven't got a clue about what you spout about half the time, you know nothing about TISA, if you did you would know that although there are some educated people in it's ranks there isn't the knowledge or means to run a football club. You also demonstrate that you do not know how to go about the continuation of what Mr Heaney has achieved in getting the club to the Pyramid level it now enjoys, to do as you suggest Truro City would need to start in one of the County's minor leagues, the structure is totally different to the circumstances Windsor and Eton experienced last year, becoming Windsor FC was a farce but if worked and the Football Association allowed them special status to only drop two levels.

To avoid Truro City becoming a mediocre club struggling in football's backwater, it would require Mr Heaney to sell the club if that is what he desired, I cannot see that happening at this time, in the future maybe.

Off field politics are Mr Heaney's concern and those he has dealings with, none of my business, at this time I still have a team to watch and support. Throughout my working life if an employer didn't act in a manner I thought appropriate, I got on my bike, I didn't wait about to be shafted or used, that resulted in me being fully employed for 50 years never drawing social benefits, I never asked others to fight my battles for me and I am hardly going to fight other peoples for them.I am only interested in the FOOTBALL.

So Mountaineer, you don't give a damn about Politics and how some folk have been shafted by the man. No problem, as long as you are happy watching Conference Lite in the knowledge that the man is a wrong 'un. Citys recent success will always be a part of Cornish Footballing History, but who really paid for it ? The Businesses that were robbed by the man, they lost near on £40k. OK, it's nothing by current HMRC standards, but we are talking about real local people suffering financially, so a few could have a day in the sun at Wembley and Eastbourne.

Some, including me still hold the real Truro City in high regard, many of them acknowledge that it is they who will have to pick up the pieces, perhaps pre-empting the demise of the current club will give them a head start when it comes to rebuilding from the SWPL. I don't expect you to be part of that group, you only appeared in recent years as City came to play fixtures in your part of the world.

As I said some years ago, A Spurs season ticket holder, a Property developer and some prime location land in the City centre, what could possibly go wrong ?

Some, including me still hold the real Truro City in high regard, many of them acknowledge that it is they who will have to pick up the pieces, perhaps pre-empting the demise of the current club will give them a head start when it comes to rebuilding from the SWPL. I don't expect you to be part of that group, you only appeared in recent years as City came to play fixtures in your part of the world.

In defence of Mountaineer we are actually talking about a born and bred Truronian with family ties to the club going way back - as for the rest we're not going to take lectures off the likes of you Charles when it comes to behaving themselves around Cornish football. Btw when did you fetch up here in Cornwall? from Canvey Island wasn't it? The old guard at Truro have great sympathy for Newquay where you are concerned. I also agree with Mountaineer that exceptions aside TISA isn't worth bothering about when it comes to the future of TCFC. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess, sad state of affairs

Modfather and Mountaineer, sitting on the fence here myself so please dont feel this is a direct attack on yourselves or anyone involved at Truro City FC. Whilst I agree Mark goes off topic with his own opinions and slants on the character of Kevin Heaney, there is unfortunately no getting away from the fact that the man HAS failed local businesses and their owners during his involvement with Truro City FC.

By bringing a standard of football unprecedented to Cornwall, the two of you cannot be blamed for being accountable or responsible for those before mentioned who have been "knocked" by Kevin Heaney, but there is no excusing or justifying the way he has brought and bought success on the pitch at Treyew Road.

Personally I hope you continue to enjoy your following of Truro City FC, but as someone who is currently in business and has been "knocked" by similar persons to Kevin Heaney, know of people first hand who have been on the recieving end of Kevin Heaney and someone still proud to be involved in Cornish football and an ex Truro City FC player myself, I would suggest Mark has every right to state the facts regarding Kevin Heaneys involvement with Truro City FC.

Whatever you're personal opinions of Mark, lets not go off the topic here and lose focus on a much more destructive person in Cornish football!

From Official Truro statement-

£51,000 to HMRC

Assume it's PAYE/NIC monies owing which surely had to be expected didn't it?

The last winding up petition would quite possibly have been for PAYE up to 5/4/11 or maybe even earlier. However, this debt keeps accruing on a monthly basis (as with VAT) so it was always likely that this would happen again because TCFC might have cleared the last debt but that didn't mean everything was brought up to date. You can be sure that given their history HMRC will be keeping a close eye and swift to act - as they have again.

This isn't a problem that will go away, just keep reoccuring on a regular basis unless (or until) TCFC pay their dues regularly and on time.

Yes, I turned up a mere 14 years ago (only 986 more and I may be classed as adopted Cornish) from Canvey Island. Therein lies part of the story, I have seen how one man giveth and then take away. The Gulls made the real Conference backed by Jeff King, crowds increased along the way, FA Trophy finals and FA Cup exploits raised the profile, so when the crash came, it was a big drop.

Canvey resigned from the Conference and were demoted 3 Divisions when King and his money moved to pastures new (although he may now be on his way back from what I'm a told), the club survived due the hard word of those who had the club at heart.

In Citys case, TISA were set up by disgruntled fans, they will be vital to keep the club alive when the fall eventually comes, although it may be an even bigger drop as the ground may be lost in the process.

It seems that some don't care where the money comes from, don't care that real Cornish born and bred folk living and working in Cornwall, employing local people, are owed money. Some who spout on about supporting the club sit like 3 monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, perhaps it is considered the norm in these days of immoral Government and business practices.

I hope that City survive in one form or another for the sake of those who really care about the club, and how it is run.

Thank You Modfather for your support about my family links to Truro City (they go back pre World War Two).

I remember my father being invalided out of the army during WWII, as I remember it he became 2 i/c of the Prisoner of War camp at Treliske where he organised football matches between Truro City and the POW's, my job was to spend hours marking out the pitch at Treyew with a bag of lime and a baked bean tin, the line marking machine had been taken for the war effort, my mother although dying from cancer still laundered the team kit, thick flannelette material that needed ironing, two of my brothers played for Truro City, I trained with the club but played my football in the London Area. So there is history, although Truro playing in the South East makes it affordable to watch them, it still costs me as much to travel etc to see them play as it does those coming up from Cornwall because I am a lone traveller with no pooling of expenses.

I think Nemises is wrong to knock my loyalty, should he reach my age he may not even be watching Newquay v Godolphin, I doubt if at 76 he would travel similar distances I do following Truro starting from Buckinghamshire to Kent, Hampshire, Surrey, Essex etc., crossing London at times catching 4 or 5 trains each way plus buses maybe a car journey, not to mention the walking, There are times I may meet up with other like supporters at Charing Cross, Victoria, Waterloo, Liverpool Street etc.US EXILES are a hardy breed not herding together like sheep.

Why should I get involved with politics, I have been the victim of industrial skullduggery, all legal and above board, it resulted in a couple of reversals of fortune beyond my control, that's life, get on with it, accept the next challenge and succeed.

If any of the goings on at Truro City were illegal those who allegedly suffered would have the law on their side and get something in return. The main sufferers in this world with no comeback are those who work for cash in hand to dodge the taxman or supplement their dole money working illegally, in those circumstances there is no comeback, there is no contract.

If as Nemesis appears to be alleging things surrounding certain peoples lifestyle are illegal, then there could be a good case for those who feel wronged to approach the courts to seek compensation.

Do I like the way things appear at Truro City, NO I DON'T but I do not know the ins and outs of any of it so keep my nose out and enjoy the football whilst I can.

Modfather, I didn't actually say TISA wasn't worth bothering about, I am a TISA member, I said I did not think they had the know how, resourses etc., I did say there were some very intellegent people in TISA, I also mentioned the other 500 NON TISA supporters who regularly attend Treyew Road, they too have a voice.

In the past I have been involved with a number of professional clubs, Spurs, WHU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa etc. at none of them were the supporters bigger than the club, the owners always had the last say. at Truro we have Mr Heaney like it or not, he calls all the shots.

SO why shouldn't I enjoy the football and let those who want to fall out do their own thing.

Of course I would like to know all that has and is going on. I feel sorry for those who feel they are victims but that has to be resolved between those individuals, let's hope for a happy ending and not end in tears.

Yes, I turned up a mere 14 years ago (only 986 more and I may be classed as adopted Cornish) from Canvey Island. Therein lies part of the story, I have seen how one man giveth and then take away. The Gulls made the real Conference backed by Jeff King, crowds increased along the way, FA Trophy finals and FA Cup exploits raised the profile, so when the crash came, it was a big drop.

Canvey resigned from the Conference and were demoted 3 Divisions when King and his money moved to pastures new (although he may now be on his way back from what I'm a told), the club survived due the hard word of those who had the club at heart.

In Citys case, TISA were set up by disgruntled fans, they will be vital to keep the club alive when the fall eventually comes, although it may be an even bigger drop as the ground may be lost in the process.

It seems that some don't care where the money comes from, don't care that real Cornish born and bred folk living and working in Cornwall, employing local people, are owed money. Some who spout on about supporting the club sit like 3 monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, perhaps it is considered the norm in these days of immoral Government and business practices.

I hope that City survive in one form or another for the sake of those who really care about the club, and how it is run.

Sorry Nemesis, you have to live in Cornwall for 25 years before you can call yourself an addopted Cornishman,

I have to agree also with a lot of what you say about Kevin Heaney, but we should also accept that the Truro supporters are not blind to what is happening with their Club & I am sure that at the end of the day they will ensure that TC Football club is hear long after you & I have departed this Life.

Hammers :c: :c: :) :c: