Cornwall Football Forum

Already been re-arranged once, thought the outcome of the previous discussion was to award a draw then that was altered. Anyone know when the re-arranged re-arranged game is?

No re arranged match.

St Blazey fail to raise a team and the points will be awarded to Elburton Villa (subject to an emergency meeting). Elburton are promoted.

So this didn't happen then:-

The two teams were supposed to play each earlier in the season but as first team were at home this got postponed. But the two teams agreed on a 0-0 draw but Elburton changed there mind later on seeing the position they were in!

The two teams were supposed to play each earlier in the season but as first team were at home this got postponed. But the two teams agreed on a 0-0 draw but Elburton changed there mind later on seeing the position they were in!

That's my understanding of the situation, seems Elburton want it all ways.

That's my understanding of the situation, seems Elburton want it all ways.

Rules are rules. Just a shame that a club of St Blazey's stature cant manage to get 11 players out to do do the decent thing by Liskeard and make Elburton earn their last 3 points and promotion. Leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for Liskeard, and whilst Elburton will be celebrating, I'm sure they would rather have gained promotion by winning tonight.

Pretty poor from "such a big Club - St Blazey"

Good to see that there first team were not even prepared to make up an 11 or even 8 as per nanpean have done this season

:SM_carton:

Very disappointing and cannot be excused really. Should never have this sort of problem and just shows total ineptitude I'm afraid. For what it is worth, I apologise to all other players and officials affected by this.

These are personal views only.

Time to sort this nonsense out a club with 2 senior teams should be able to raise a team, points deduction and hefty fine should be the way to go. I played footy for 20 years at similar level never once called a match off because could,nt raise a side, absolutely scandalous especially when another clubs league status is at stake,bow your heads in shame :SM_carton:

Already been re-arranged once, thought the outcome of the previous discussion was to award a draw then that was altered. Anyone know when the re-arranged re-arranged game is?

No re arranged match.

St Blazey fail to raise a team and the points will be awarded to Elburton Villa (subject to an emergency meeting). Elburton are promoted.

The decision has been made to hold an emergency meeting next Tuesday to decide what punishment if any is awarded against St Blazey and that the result on the leagues Mitoo web site will not be shown as yet as a win for Elburton Villa.

I was going to be officiating tonight at this game and was supposed to do it last time it was called off , I myself am well peeved about this now as I was really looking forward to tonights game as it would of been the my last one this season, and on paper i`d of thought it would of been a cracking match. I feel sorry for Elburton as I have been in communication with them to day and they would of prefered to play the match, :drink: and a big crowd wouldn`t of done them any harm i`m sure. I can`t understand how a club the size of St. blazey could not raise a side for tonight :angry: , It must be pretty embarrassing down there in St. Blazey :SM_carton: . I hope Elburton receive the Three point and get Promoted. as I`m sure they desevre it , but I do feel so so sorry for Martin and the rest of Liskeard Athletic as St, Blazey have pulled the rug right from under them and spoiled the end of season.

All the best to Elburton and Liskeard and hope to get the chance to officate you both next season. :drink: :clapper:

Spot the irony in the above post about spelling.

Anyway, on topic, feel sorry for Liskeard but only two teams should go up, otherwise not fair on other teams just below who could have pushed on more.

You can see how much Blazey supports it's seconds by the lack of it's posters on here. Full of chat on the Peninsula forum. Shows that they really don't care. Elburton would have won anyway with the players they Been using recently.

for the record, last nights game was not called off due to the inability to raise a side. it was called off due to the fact that the league elburton and st blazey had agreed a draw six weeks previous, due to elburtons inability to provide a 3pm kickoff. on this day, we were willing to play on the top pitch, with no changing facilities and still they wouldnt agree to this. they wanted it to be a 11am kickoff or a 5pm kickoff, and due to work commitments and a stag doo, players couldnt make these times. all parties...SIX WEEKS AGO...agreed a point a piece, which was even added to both sides tallys!! now, suddenly elburton need two points, and the game has to be replayed. this simply isnt fair. Liskeard should be the team promoted, and the league should stand with the original point. as for players for lastnights game, st blazey could have quite easily got a team together and fulfilled that game, but as a matter of principal, didnt. there is two parties to blame for this. one...the elburton people who originally agreed to the point when promotion seemed possible but so far away, and the league for going back on a decision that was agreed by all. the league look stupid, elburton are feeling sorry for themselves, and liskeard have been hard done by. a complete farce, that will no doubt now see 3 sides promoted, as the league are sure to take the easy way out.

Can anyone from the league or Elburton confirm this??

I'm afraid I have heard from both sides. St Blazey and the league and quite frankly it is all about 'he said she said'. There is nothing in writing to say the original game should be awarded as a 0-0 draw. And the league tables had never been adjusted to state that.

At the end of the day St Blazey tried their best and could not put together a team to play last night. That came from the St Blazey manager. That means Elburton should be awarded the points and be promoted. The league could indeed promote three teams as there is nothing in the constitution to say they cannot promote three teams as the league can only have 32 teams, that does not mean to say it has to have 16 in each division. If you look at the latest results St Blazey had lost and drawn their last two games while Elburton had won their last six games with a goal difference of 20-1 which included a 3-1 win over champions St Dominick, beat Polperro 3-0 and St Teath 7-0. So what chance St Blazey. Elburton should be awarded the 3 points and promoted along with St Dominick to the premier division.

for the record, last nights game was not called off due to the inability to raise a side. it was called off due to the fact that the league elburton and st blazey had agreed a draw six weeks previous, due to elburtons inability to provide a 3pm kickoff. on this day, we were willing to play on the top pitch, with no changing facilities and still they wouldnt agree to this. they wanted it to be a 11am kickoff or a 5pm kickoff, and due to work commitments and a stag doo, players couldnt make these times. all

When the game was originally due to be played five or six weeks ago , an 11am or 5pm K.O. was offered to St.Blazey by Elburton Villa because the first team were playing on the main Pitch at 3pm . Under SWPL rules , Elburton are not allowed to have two games being played at once , That is why the game could not go ahead on the top pitch at 3pm even if Elburton wanted it to .

Elburton’s Manager - Joe Pulley had a call on Tuesday 24th May in the morning from the St.Blazey Res Manager to say that Unfortunately St.Blazey could not raise a team for the Fixture .

These are Facts .

A totally shit way for the Season to finish for all concerned .

for the record, last nights game was not called off due to the inability to raise a side. it was called off due to the fact that the league elburton and st blazey had agreed a draw six weeks previous, due to elburtons inability to provide a 3pm kickoff. on this day, we were willing to play on the top pitch, with no changing facilities and still they wouldnt agree to this. they wanted it to be a 11am kickoff or a 5pm kickoff, and due to work commitments and a stag doo, players couldnt make these times. all parties...SIX WEEKS AGO...agreed a point a piece, which was even added to both sides tallys!! now, suddenly elburton need two points, and the game has to be replayed. this simply isnt fair. Liskeard should be the team promoted, and the league should stand with the original point. as for players for lastnights game, st blazey could have quite easily got a team together and fulfilled that game, but as a matter of principal, didnt. there is two parties to blame for this. one...the elburton people who originally agreed to the point when promotion seemed possible but so far away, and the league for going back on a decision that was agreed by all. the league look stupid, elburton are feeling sorry for themselves, and liskeard have been hard done by. a complete farce, that will no doubt now see 3 sides promoted, as the league are sure to take the easy way out.

How can teams just agree to have a draw? Surely the original time of kick off would have been agreed with the league. As for not turning up on principle, in my opinion the league should throw what they can at St Blazey as many people were put out by them not turn up. eg. managers sorting out players, groundsmen sorting the pitch out, supporters arranging to watch, the reporters for putting info in the paper, players arranging to get there....... the list could go on I'm sure.

i can assure you that this was not a matter of not being able to raise a team. that is a fact. this was because a point a piece had been agreed and as far as st blazey were concerned, thats what the league had agreed, along with officials from elburton and st blazey, and both sets of managers. how can the officials and manager of elburton then demand the game to be replayed as they need a further two points? scandalous. and as for current form, im not suprised elburton have been picking up great results, there first team finished weeks ago and with the other class players they have signed from higher leagues, this was not a suprise. however its unfair to predict the result of this game on form, plymstock were unbeaten in 10 and we beat them 2-0. also last season elburton brought down eight first team players and we beat them 6-0 with no ringers in. the bottom line is, liskeard deserve to be promoted, and the elburton officials should never had agreed to the original "draw". speaking to dave hooper the blazey manager, he informed us that he recieved a phone call from the league last friday informing him of the decision not to award a draw, depending on elburtons result at st teath due to elburton officials contacting the league. if elburton had lost to st teath on saturday....the game would NOT have been played!! surely this again is double standards from the league???can the league make a statement confirming this!! if i were liskeard(who didnt use any ringers to get into the position they are in) i would feel let down by the east cornwall league officials, and be seeking answers

League is a bit messy, starting with NO committe to present the trophy when St Dominick won, now this. For 3 teams to go up is an option but why, every year it seems, does nobody know what's happening? Up down, how many teams in each league, people not fulfilling fixtures etc etc. Again feel sorry for dave p, who puts so

much effort in promoting it.

i can assure you that this was not a matter of not being able to raise a team. that is a fact. this was because a point a piece had been agreed and as far as st blazey were concerned, thats what the league had agreed, along with officials from elburton and st blazey, and both sets of managers. how can the officials and manager of elburton then demand the game to be replayed as they need a further two points? scandalous. and as for current form, im not suprised elburton have been picking up great results, there first team finished weeks ago and with the other class players they have signed from higher leagues, this was not a suprise. however its unfair to predict the result of this game on form, plymstock were unbeaten in 10 and we beat them 2-0. also last season elburton brought down eight first team players and we beat them 6-0 with no ringers in. the bottom line is, liskeard deserve to be promoted, and the elburton officials should never had agreed to the original "draw". speaking to dave hooper the blazey manager, he informed us that he recieved a phone call from the league last friday informing him of the decision not to award a draw, depending on elburtons result at st teath due to elburton officials contacting the league. if elburton had lost to st teath on saturday....the game would NOT have been played!! surely this again is double standards from the league???can the league make a statement confirming this!! if i were liskeard(who didnt use any ringers to get into the position they are in) i would feel let down by the east cornwall league officials, and be seeking answers

I'm sorry but you have got it wrong. The St Blazey manager contacted the Elburton manager to say he couldn't raise a team. End of story.

This is my first post and I was hoping it wouldn't come to this.

At no stage was a nil nil draw agreed by elburton villa. Please tell me, if this was the case, then what was the point playing our hearts out to beat edgcumbe at home, callington away, holsworthy at home, polperro away, st dom at home, st teath at home and hopefully st blazey at home? The game was rearranged by the league to be the last game of the season. As for the first team playing for the side, the first team have been short this season and therefore the second team players have been called into play for them at times, for them to retain their place in the second team in these crucial games would be expected in any club. This is not the way anyone expected the season to end and to find out at 10:30pm the night before the most important game for the club, that we were unable to play, left the whole side devastated.

Its a shame the ECPL league seems to be losing some creditability with the 'no shows' this season. I have always felt its always been an 'old boys brigade' you scratch my back etcs.... We like your facilities but your team is probably not strong enough!! but we will welcome you anyway. I dont think Mike Murray would have stood for any of this if it had involved St Dominick or Callington. The penalties for not playing a match should be harsher, especially if you are a club with two teams. The Duchy league organisation seems to have things sorted quite well, with issues dealt with swiftly. Not like the Vicar of Dibley ECPL Committe.(my opinion only!)Cant believe teams and committe members can discuss the outcome of a game when other teams are still in with a chance of promotion.

As the appointed official for this game ( which midfield8 has informed all of us that it was never going ahead as both teams had agreed the draw )How was it that I was originally on the first match that was called of ,as peninnsula league state that no other game can be played at the same time as theirs.and that St, Blazey could not make an early or late kick off, I was told with in 48 hours that the rearranged game would be mine and was informed that Tuesday 24th May 2011 game was on and going ahead a fortnight prior to the match , so if it was never going to happen then why inform the match official it was on.

As I happen to be taliking to a St. Blazey official today, I mention about the match and he informed me that a team could not be raised . As I previously posted that I feel sorry for Martin and the Liskeard team i would expect that the 3 point will go to Elburton, which may seem unfair in some peoples eyes but that the way the cookie crumbles . If as it has happen before and will again i`m sure a team fail to fulfill a fixture then the points go to the other side , they don`t surely decide on the result between them as then teams could alter results to help each other , I`m sure the ECPL commetee will do the right thing.

I would like to add which ever one, Elburton or Liskeard ar promoted then well done to them as personnally I don`t have any preference as I am a neutral in all this,

I would like to put the record straight.

The game was fixtured for Saturday April 30th at 3pm at Elburton Villa. I was contacted by the manager of Elburton Villa on Tuesday 26th April asking if i would play the game on Friday 29th April with an evening kick off, or an 11am or 5pm kick off on Saturday April 30th.

I questioned why the fixture had to be moved and as i am aware any movement of a fixture had to be done by mutual agreement. I questioned why it was left four days before the game before we were contacted about re-arranging the fixture, if there was a problem Elburton Villa would have been aware of the problem when the fixture came through.

They gave a number of excuses why we couldnt kick off at 3pm on the 30th, like "we cannot play the same time as the first team" (even though there is more than one pitch) and "we only have one set of changing rooms".

We offered to kick off at 3pm and not worry about changing rooms. They refused.

We offered to switch the game to St. Blaise Park. (As Plymouth Parkway did with Biscovey when they double booked their pitch.) They refused.

As it was bank holiday weekend, it was difficult for my players to re-arrange things to accomodate a change of kick off time at very short notice, and with Elburton unwilling to kick off at the scheduled time, it was finally agreed with the league and Mike Murray, that we settle for a 1-1 draw, and nobody get fined. Both sides agreed to this.

Only when Elburton Villa beat St. Teath, and realised they needed another win to be promoted, they decided that they wanted the game to go ahead, despite perviously agreeing to settle with a 1-1 draw.

The Elburton Villa manager rang me on the Saturday evening to say that the game had to go ahead on the Tuesday evening with a 7pm kick off. With such short notice my players could not make arrangements to play a game that we thought was already done and dusted and our season was finished.

I question how Elburton Villa can not fulfill a fixture, and then revisit it when it suits them at a later date. It makes a mockery of the league.

And now we have been docked 3 points and fined. How can this be right when it was Elburton Villa who could not fulfill the original fixture?

Dave Hooper

St. Blazey Manager

Thanks Dave for clarifying a few points but there does seem to be a lot of confusion over the "alleged" decision of a draw, points being allocated to both teams to update the league table as a draw and who agreed what and when!!!!

It should be an interesting meeting on Tuesday!!!

MQ

I must be losing the plot..... someone seems to have forgotten they received a phone from me to advise them that we had beaten polperro and st dominic and now only st teath and themselves (st blazey) were standing in our way for promotion. I was advised that they would await the outcome of the st teath game before arranging a side and that is why I phoned straight after the game on saturday!!!!

I also find it very strange that if st blazey had agreed that they wouldn't be attending this game why not challenge the rearranged fixture or ask for another date which would have been suitable for them when the league posted the new date.

Please note we travelled to callington, liskeard,holsworthy and polperro for evening fixtures and on another day polerro or callington might have got a draw against us and then everyone would be happy.

I end on the note that I have no grudge against anyone and just feel frustrated that we couldn't have played on tuesday against st blazey and if they had beaten us then I would be congratulating Liskeard. I have worked hard to keep a side on the pitch and many forget that the side started the season unbeaten and leading the way, we have finished with the same winning run.

I hope everyone in East Cornwall has a well deserved rest and now leaves this matter to the league to resolve.

thank you to everyone this season involved in football in anyway shape or form.

joe pulley (elburton manager)

Dare I suggest that if the League was governed correctly then all this assuming, accusing and bad feeling between the three affected clubs with hard working people attempting to do their best for their respective club would all be avoided (let alone 46 posts on this thread now!). The Clubs and their management and players have all been severely let down by their League and its organisers in my opinion.

Before people start blaming Elburton,it is worth remembering that this is NOT the first occasion on which Mr.Hooper failed to fulfill a fixture.St.Blazey also were unable to raise a team to play against Millbrook earlier in the season- and that was AT HOME!!!.