Cornwall Football Forum

Before people start blaming Elburton,it is worth remembering that this is NOT the first occasion on which Mr.Hooper failed to fulfill a fixture.St.Blazey also were unable to raise a team to play against Millbrook earlier in the season- and that was AT HOME!!!.

So that means he is automatically at fault again??????????

I know and have played for Dave hooper before and know that he wouldn't make this up, something doesnt add up!

Promote both Elburton and Liskard move Sticker out of the premier devision to the peninsula west and allow sticker seconds to enter div 1 of the east cornwall league prevents any injustice everyones a winner. Simple.

So, you suggest 4 promotions in one go for Sticker Reserves. No injustice to the teams who finished above them in Duchy Premier, Div. 1 and Div. 2 then.

I seem to remember a few seasons ago that St Blazey Res. were "promoted" to the East Cornwall after finishing in a relegation place in Duchy Premier (might even have been bottom), so nothing would really surprise me with regard to the ECPL.

It's such a shame that it's come to teams bickering with each other when it is the league that should take responsibility for this mess. For some time the committee of this league has really lowered its creditability. Look at the way the league trophy was presented to us (St dominick). It was given to our chairman on the eve of our final game, obviously the FA cup final was more important to watch.  And now this mess. Look at the way the duchy league is run, someone from the committee is always there to present trophies, they don't seem to have these problems and they even have their own website! It's such a shame how this league has deteriorated over the years and is falling behind!  

I agree with Sarge. ECPL Committe need a clear out. New faces with new initiatives, too many old boys on there looking after their own. Was there really an agreement with both teams and Mike Murray to premeditate the score and result? I think Mike Murray needs to ring his mate Sepp Blatter and ask him for his advice!!

This whole thing makes no sense at all!! Youve got Elburton and the ref in charge saying the game was always re arranged for Tuesday and the Blazey manager saying it was agreed a point each. I cant see why Elburton would ever agree to a point as that would mean they would finish third and not get promoted.

3 teams cant go up as thats not fair on the rest of league that may have finished 3rd and pushed harder if they knew that was a promotion position.

Totally agree Sarge think the East Cornwall committee has let them selfs down big time with the presentation of the league trophy to us and now this mess, same as last season when playing for Gunnislake and trying to win the league to get promoted St Teath were told by the East Cornwall committee that they would be promoted even if they finished 2nd and Gunnislake wouldn't be!

Maybe a play off between Liskeard n St Teath would be the best answer, but then again which Elburton team would turn up?!

Tom, you will also know that during the ECPL meeting to decide what teams were to be voted on, the Callington Town manager asked why Gunnislakes name was not on the ballot slip, only to be told they didnt win the league so wont be promoted! but if you want to add their name at the bottom you can!! Having missed out on the league, Gunnislake were hoping to get in with enough votes. That wasnt even done fairly. ECPL Committee had made their decision even before the meeting took place. Having watched Gunnislake and with that team, I am sure they would have done very well.Congratulations on winning the league.

Yes Mex I am fully aware of what happened at the ECPL meeting last year, atleast one person asked about Gunnislake!! It seems that if your face fits with the ECPL then you will be ok and looked after!! Maybe its time to freshen up the committee with some younger people that actually care about football!

Thanks, it was a long season but deserved Champions in the end!

I would like to thank all those people, clubs, officials and league members who have phoned, posted or passed on comments regarding this issue. When I started the thread I wanted to know some information so that when Liskeard go on tour next Friday we would know the outcome.

The league have all of the information they need to make the final decision and Im sure they will consider what is best for the clubs and the league.

Roll on Tuesday (Meeting)

Roll on next Friday :drink::drink::drink::drink::smiley20::clapper::yahoo::P:thumbsup:

MQ x x x x

Can someone tell me what Sheihk Monsour is on becuase he certainly wants Sticker in the Peninsula League next year. Sticker finished THIRD, St Dennis have been promoted, get over yourself.

St Dennis is a club on the up and come the end of next season will have top changing facilities along with a top clubhouse they already have.

Sticker can't get any bigger, they have a small clubhouse and around 20 - 30 loyal supporters. Not really Peninsula standard is it.