Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 28/08/10

Falmouth Athletic 5 - 3 Porthleven Rangers

A good game of football for the spectators down at Draceana. Falmouth took the lead and Rangers then equalised and it stayed that way for most of the first half until there was a crazy 10 minutes before half-time when Falmouth scored 3 goals from set pieces that Rangers couldnt defend. With the Rangers half-time team talk out of the way we came out and gave it a go in the second half and got it back to 4-3 only for Falmouth to score again. A decent showing from Rangers considering we had quite a few important players (especially in defence) but you cant take anything from Falmouth they played well and just about deserved the win.

Is that Wendron score a typo or is it genuine, did Troon only have half a team or something?

FHL DIV 1

CARHARRACK (2)6 (Rapsey 13,71,80pen, Montgomery 8,87 Murphy 74)

PORTREATH (2)3 (Mooney 33,Bartlett 45,Fenton 58)

Cracking first 20 and last 20 minutes from Carharrack! In between would say Portreath probably edged it.Great 35 yard strike from Jamie Mooney and Martin Murphys volley will live in the memory! Important goal with Portreath leading 3-2 with 20 minutes to go.Thanks to Liam Bray for letting me have the penalty for the hat-trick on my debut before i hobbled and wobbled off in the sun!!! :thumbsup:

Falmouth Athletic 5 - 3 Porthleven Rangers

A good game of football for the spectators down at Draceana. Falmouth took the lead and Rangers then equalised and it stayed that way for most of the first half until there was a crazy 10 minutes before half-time when Falmouth scored 3 goals from set pieces that Rangers couldnt defend. With the Rangers half-time team talk out of the way we came out and gave it a go in the second half and got it back to 4-3 only for Falmouth to score again. A decent showing from Rangers considering we had quite a few important players (especially in defence) but you cant take anything from Falmouth they played well and just about deserved the win.

Is that Wendron score a typo or is it genuine, did Troon only have half a team or something?

Cheers mate but from a Falmouth Athletic perspective that is the worst we have played so far and felt we were lucky to take the 3 points today but i wont complain because 3 points is 3 points. Cheers for the game lads, was hard test especially due to the heat. Good luck for the rest of the season. You have a good bunch of lads down there!

Yeh ben played well mate! He got took out by a really bad challenge on his knee cap after an hour or so and had to go off though. hope he,s ok.smashing lad :clapper: Probably should have been a red instead of a yellow? Tough game for the ref though. Mr Micheal Wise :clapper:

FHFL 2

Cury 2 Holmans 1

Cury played a great game of football throughout the whole game with some dodgy tackles coming in from a frustrated Holmans team. Cury could of had a couple more goals i feel but Holmans keeper made some good saves. Holmans scored in the last 10 minutes. Holmans probably could of got a draw out of today if they had the same tempo in the last 10 mins throughout the game.

Cury are definitely a team to watch this season with a couple very good signings eg Dean Bray from porthleven combo and Rob Eddy making a come back after a few years out. Looks to me like the old cup winners team all those years ago are making a come back.

FHL DIV 1

Cracking first 20 and last 20 minutes from Carharrack! In between would say Portreath probably edged it.Great 35 yard strike from Jamie Mooney and Martin Murphys volley will live in the memory! Important goal with Portreath leading 3-2 with 20 minutes to go.Thanks to Liam Bray for letting me have the penalty for the hat-trick on my debut before i hobbled and wobbled off in the sun!!! :thumbsup:

Just arrived in Afghanistan mate. Logged on this morning and saw the result. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest sazzle

Also just seen Mousehole lost 13 (thirteen)-1 at home to Falmouth Athletic DC in FHFL 1.

Looks like there could be a few teams struggling this season

Mousehole didnt have the best of games but most of the fal ath dc side are swpl players !!!!!!

Fal Athletic Team

Atilla (Hungarian Keeper)

Matt Boyce

Pete Sharpe

Huw Gibbon

Paul Mowbray

Adam Barnicoat

Chris Mulroy

Steve Kellow

Brett Southers

Luke ??

Chris Tolley

Subs

Andy Watkins

Matt Middlemore

Jay ??

Not sure if there are many ex SWPL players, but I'm sure they'll be flattered all the same.

FHL DIV 1

Nice to see you still aint lost yr touch m8. Your like roy of the rovers scoring a hatrick on debut. Think theres still a chance u may add to the cornwall caps yet lol

Portreath 3 Carharrack 6

Pretty much summed up by Rappo. Portreath losing 2 nil after 10 mins... Getting back level on the stroke of half time.

Then taking the lead 3-2 with 20 mins to go.

One player sent off for Portreath after introducing his studs to a player after a challenge. Definitely a red card.

Leon Gilbert was in A&E last night having damaged his tendons in his ankle.

Portreath basically playing with 9 men. Needing more players in the squad to mount any sort of challenge this year in fal/hel 1.

Goalscorers for Portreath:

Mooney

Dave "Dangerous" Bartlam

And Jason Fenton

Always a pleasure playing at Carharrack... Cut that grass and the pitch will be awesome ;)

All the best for the rest of the season guys

Also just seen Mousehole lost 13 (thirteen)-1 at home to Falmouth Athletic DC in FHFL 1.

Looks like there could be a few teams struggling this season

Mousehole didnt have the best of games but most of the fal ath dc side are swpl players !!!!!!

can assure you that no player playing for falmouth athletic are not and have not been swpl players

pretty sure that huw gibbon and steve kellow have played swpl or equivelent over th years and i know that mowbs played a few times at south western many decades ago but that was before he made bobby charlton look young. lol

:thumbsup:

Fal Athletic Team

Atilla (Hungarian Keeper)

Matt Boyce

Pete Sharpe

Huw Gibbon

Paul Mowbray

Adam Barnicoat

Chris Mulroy

Steve Kellow

Brett Southers

Luke ??

Chris Tolley

Subs

Andy Watkins

Matt Middlemore

Jay ??

Not sure if there are many ex SWPL players, but I'm sure they'll be flattered all the same.

Another game on the bench Jay, and to think they dont know your surname with all these superstars in the team! Must be a good side if you cant get in son.