Cornwall Football Forum

City v Argyle - Saturday, July 10th

I was at the match at truro today along with 1700 other supporters bit steep entrance fee £10 to get in but it was worth it just to watch yanick bonassi 30yard rocket of a goal hes going to tear div 1 defences to bits unlike bradley wright phillips who was just awful when he came on and peter reid wasnt happy with him and i think he will be out of the door especially as what he said about his manager at the end of the game .Truro played some fine football and had there mcchances but after the break argyle brought on there big guns and dominated and steve mclean scored after a mistake by young brooks who looked nervous throughout the 2nd half ,there where a lot of plymouth players who i thought where very poor but i like the full back bondz ngala you wouldnt like to mess with him hard as nails ,and craig noone played well as well as fletcher and i thought marcel seip dominated in the air .Peter Reid was really nice to everyone and spent ages after the match posing for photos and signing autographs ,if anyone can get plymouth promoted he can but some players got to go they are just to big for there boots .Good luck to truro but yetton needs to grow his hair back he wasnt the same player with short hair and dan smith played really well .

I was at the match at truro today along with 1700 other supporters bit steep entrance fee £10 to get in but it was worth it just to watch yanick bonassi 30yard rocket of a goal hes going to tear div 1 defences to bits unlike bradley wright phillips who was just awful when he came on and peter reid wasnt happy with him and i think he will be out of the door especially as what he said about his manager at the end of the game .Truro played some fine football and had there mcchances but after the break argyle brought on there big guns and dominated and steve mclean scored after a mistake by young brooks who looked nervous throughout the 2nd half ,there where a lot of plymouth players who i thought where very poor but i like the full back bondz ngala you wouldnt like to mess with him hard as nails ,and craig noone played well as well as fletcher and i thought marcel seip dominated in the air .Peter Reid was really nice to everyone and spent ages after the match posing for photos and signing autographs ,if anyone can get plymouth promoted he can but some players got to go they are just to big for there boots .Good luck to truro but yetton needs to grow his hair back he wasnt the same player with short hair and dan smith played really well .

I heard the riot police were called after crowd trouble.

Also heard there were just 2 turnstyles open for 1,700 supporters creating endless queues.

Good to hear of a crowd of that size watching footie in Cornwall anyway.

Also heard there were just 2 turnstyles open for 1,700 supporters creating endless queues.

Who could have started that rumour OR was it wishful thinking?

I have read "This is Cornwall's" match report timed at 18.51 and there is NO mention of crowd trouble.

Who could have started that rumour OR was it wishful thinking?

I have read "This is Cornwall's" match report timed at 18.51 and there is NO mention of crowd trouble.

Very reiable source on this one - actually quite a few people (on Facebook etc) have said the same thing,

Highlight of the game had to be a bunch of pissed up blokes taking to the field at half time for a kick around with matey tucking one away at the home end and getting the biggest cheer of the game!! Classic. Shortly after riot police turned and two police cars at which they just turned around and drove off!

1st argyle goal wasnt a goalkeeping mistake . Matey on the wing smashed it in from 30 yards keeper had no chance and the 2nd goal was a fine chip on the edge of the box with the out side of his foot which was a keeping mistake as the keeper got drawn outside the box chasing after the ball, got almost there then relised that he wasnt going to get it, started back pedling back towards his goal only to be given no chance by a fine chip.

£10 was too much to get in but at least heaney was on hand to collect money in on the gate, something im sure he enjoyed most more so than the final result and performance.

0-2

funniest moment was when the supporters were on the pitch at half time.this guy went out to take a corner put his pint down kicked the ball in then picked his pint up and walked back in.the whole time this was going on the stewards were leaning on the gate by the players entrance watching.then some guy in a white shirt came out and told them to leave but they just carried on.heaney came out and they tried to kick the ball out of his hand and play on.sorry to say this made a mockery of truro because they were not prepared for a crowd this big.had to line up beside the road to get in again because there was only two gates open.they must have hoped there would be a big crowd especially as Argyle had annouced they were selling the brand new kit for the first time at truro.hope they do get their act together as it would be nice to go back and be a casual supporter but!whats the point if the club let themselves down.sorry i am not a truro knocker i really hope they can progress for cornish football followers. :SM_carton_y:

A large group of T.C.E (Plymouths hooligan element) decided to pop up and after being told to leave the pitch during half time then started singing with many joining in but it soon turned into racist chanting and songs aimed at the police. I dont think anyone would have expected it during a pre season friendly at Truro of all places. They all also caused trouble in pubs in Truro and there were arrests on the train or possibly at Plymouth station. Also a group of Newcastle fans turned up at the end to give Peter Reid a bit of stick and that didnt go down to well with the Argyle fans who made their feelings known. Funny day all round. The actual match was dull as dishwater. :lol:

Funnily enough I was going to go in at half time (thereby saving myself a tenner I thought, cunningly). I'd heard the chanting but as I was going into the car park so a police riot van stormed past me and three coppers leapt out looking very purposeful.

Under the circumstances I decided that as it was only a glorified practice match maybe I'd pop into Sainsbury's instead. Darn sight more expensive than if I'd gone to the game, but you don't get cream cakes at the football like you do at Sainsbury's. :P

Funnily enough I was going to go in at half time (thereby saving myself a tenner I thought, cunningly). I'd heard the chanting but as I was going into the car park so a police riot van stormed past me and three coppers leapt out looking very purposeful.

Under the circumstances I decided that as it was only a glorified practice match maybe I'd pop into Sainsbury's instead. Darn sight more expensive than if I'd gone to the game, but you don't get cream cakes at the football like you do at Sainsbury's. :P

Yes you do.

When Penzance played Truro at Treyew Road 3 seasons ago, they were selling cream cakes in the Truro tea hut, about 6 of them. I couldn't believe it, first time I've seen them inside a footy ground in my life.

I couldn't see the prawn sandwiches though.

I would like to put in a complaint about 1 drunken lad who didnt look any older than 16 he was with a few of his mates and he was calling argyles coloured players every racist name you can think of and there was a elderly steward just ignoring him several people around where i stood near the players walk on to the pitch he was near the goal at the clubhouse and loads of people heard this drunken youth abusing the coloured players of plymouth and nothing was done come on truro this lad should of been evicted and there is no way he was 18.

INTERESTING - Your TWIN said the same on TigerTalk.

His name will come to me soon.

Many Non League clubs no longer open their gates for all to walk in at half time, a steward being available in case of emergencies to unlock the gates.

I wouldn't call anyone sneaking in FREE a supporter, quite the opposite.

ALL NON LEAGUE CLUBS NEED AS MUCH CASH AS POSSIBLE - PAY UP - Your photo :wacko: is on the website.

You've rumbled me Mountaineer. And if you want to know why I use a different name on this site to the Tiger Talk one it's a long and not very interesting story involving me not correctly entering my email address on registration and my cack handed approach to things technical.

Plus I actually like both names and if you can't decide which one to use then use them both I say :thumbsup: .