Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 17/04/2010

heard mawnan beat pendeen 3-2

also penryn lost 3-1 in cup to st agnes

Yeah a good win for us (St Agnes) deserved the win bring on round 2!!

Oh would like to say thanks to the constantine players for the abuse they gave our linesman. Very clever!!

You had plenty of other people there that could have run the line! There should be some ruling on the age of linesman, he could have only been 8or9 at most,And flagged for a ridiculous offside!

He knows the rules and he's not a cheat. He has run the line for us quite a few times this season and has done a great job!!

I don't know if u are a player or one of the ones watching? I was playing right back looking along the line and he was offside!!

I never said he was a cheat, but every time someone shouted at him he seemed to give the decision. Like i said there should be an age restriction as he was obviously understandbly intimidated by older men. st. agnes deserved to win, although bringin it back to 2-2 could have been a diffrent story!

FHFL 2

ST DAY 2 - 1 STITHIANS 1STS

Stithians goalscorer Mark 'Webby' Webster

Again, another good battle 2day, We (Stithians) unlucky not to get something from a decent performance.

Well done to St Day, top hospitality as usual!

At least we can have a break this week as no poxy evening games! :-)

FHFL 1 TABLE

Pendeen lose their first league game in 19. They play Holmans on Monday night who are desperate for points to stay in Divison 1.

Vital win for Camborne as well.

Regarding St Agnes Linesman - whatever his decisions I've seen a lot worse this season from a lot older people. Surely we should encourage people who are willing to run the line whatever their age. Didnt see any of the complainers offer to run the line instead!

mawnan 3 2 pendeen. pendeen never really got going in this game,had chances but failed too take them. one nil down at half time, they came out in the second half and scored twice in five mins then stopped working. fair play too mawnan who didnt have that many chances, but put away most off what they had. pendeen hit the woodwork twice late on in second half but over all didnt do enough too win the game in terms off workrate,which aint like them. chance too put things right on monday nite.

Percy Stephens Cup

Lanner 0 Chacewater 5

Away to Pendeen in the next round!

FHL DIV 2

HAYLE (1) 1 ?,33

TRISPEN (0) 1 Penrose 78

Not the best game to watch to be honest!!! Hate watching anyway! :glare: Hayle had the better of the 1st half and were on top with Andy Withers always a threat and Alex Monaghan box to box at 53 years old!!! :clapper: But as the game went on Trispen looked the more likely winners? Would have bet good money on Sharpey scoring the free header far post last minute! Looked a fair result from my fold up chair in the sun! :thumbsup:

Regarding St Agnes Linesman - whatever his decisions I've seen a lot worse this season from a lot older people. Surely we should encourage people who are willing to run the line whatever their age. Didnt see any of the complainers offer to run the line instead!

well said too many people moan but do not offer to help - typical

on a lighter side I saw the mawnan pendeen game earlier what a good game goalkeeper not as good as the one I saw on thursday for the seconds but at the 11th hour what can you expect.

Kevin Morris for me was the man of the match, excellent throughout. - great feet!

mawnan 3 2 pendeen. pendeen never really got going in this game,had chances but failed too take them. one nil down at half time, they came out in the second half and scored twice in five mins then stopped working. fair play too mawnan who didnt have that many chances, but put away most off what they had. pendeen hit the woodwork twice late on in second half but over all didnt do enough too win the game in terms off workrate,which aint like them. chance too put things right on monday nite.

Great!!! So glad Pendeen are coming to Holmans on Monday smarting from their first defeat in 19.....i'm sure they will be gentle because its not as if we need the points from a miraculous win!!!!!! lol :wacko::wacko: :rolleyes:

Guest pete norfolk

Camborne Park 3 St Keverne 0

good result for park who needed it after the performance we gave against mousehole mid week.

the result gives us a real chance of staying up this year with potentially winnable games left.

does anyone know if the withdrawl of truro from our league means only two go down or is it still three?

Percy Stephens Cup

Lanner 0 Chacewater 5

Away to Pendeen in the next round!

FHL DIV 2

HAYLE (1) 1 ?,33

TRISPEN (0) 1 Penrose 78

Not the best game to watch to be honest!!! Hate watching anyway! :glare: Hayle had the better of the 1st half and were on top with Andy Withers always a threat and Alex Monaghan box to box at 53 years old!!! :clapper: But as the game went on Trispen looked the more likely winners? Would have bet good money on Sharpey scoring the free header far post last minute! Looked a fair result from my fold up chair in the sun! :thumbsup:

Cheers Rappo mate least it was sunny to watch game we happy in end to get point but dissapointed with chances missed never got the three Withers scored our goal mate see you next week for return at yours good comeback for hoops sat.

17/04/2010

FHFL 2

Carharrack 4 Helston Res 2

Carharrack took a step closer towards promotion with a well earned win over a resilient Helston side. Carharrack opened the scoring after only 17 seconds through Brenden Dennis after the ball was passed across goal from forward Liam Bray. Bray was once again in the action increasing the lead on the 25th minute from inside the 6 yard box. The home side were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty after the visiting goalkeeper appeared to commit a foul against winger Richy Ward inside the box. The match official however deemed the foul just outside the box and awarded the keeper a caution and a direct free kick much to the frustration of the Red Army. Just before the interval Helston’s Mark Goldsworty pulled a goal back running through the Carharrack defence to keep them in the game. In the second half, Helston came out fighting but the pounding heat started to affect them when Bray was brought down inside the box on the 53rd. The referee had no choice but to award the penalty which Bray subsequently smashed into the bottom right hand corner. Helston appeared clearly frustrated and hitting the crossbar four times didn’t help their cause. But the visitors patience was rewarded when a poorly defended corner was headed into the goal by Fred Conway on 72. Carharrack now had to show what they are made of and produce some fantastic football to finish the game when Dennis scored inside the box on 82nd.

Man of the Match: Martin Murphy

Match Official: Adam Price – Adam let the game flow and was firm with his decision’s when needed.

Richard do you only do reports when carharrack win ? i'm sure i saw that you lost again in midweek to perranporth your becoming more and more like the truro fans every day :yahoo:

druth1966, to answer your question, I work outside of Cornwall durning the week and therefore unable to attend games midweek. However I'm on holiday next week and will do a midweek match report win, lose or draw. It's not my fault Carharrack win all the time!

Richard do you only do reports when carharrack win ? i'm sure i saw that you lost again in midweek to perranporth your becoming more and more like the truro fans every day :yahoo:

druth1966, to answer your question, I work outside of Cornwall durning the week and therefore unable to attend games midweek. However I'm on holiday next week and will do a midweek match report win, lose or draw. It's not my fault Carharrack win all the time!

recent results suggest they dont :wacko: ill keep my eye out for the next one then :ninja: