Cornwall Football Forum

Will this weekend be a washout?

Looking at the weather forecast for Thursday evening onwards I'm wondering how many games will go ahead this weekend.

Some grounds seem to get a few drips on them and their games are cancelled whilst others will take a monsoon.

Reading the old reports when everyone else used to cancel, St Just, Penzance, Marazion and Mullion always used to have a game on despite the weather. Games at Porthleven, Penryn, RAF St Mawgan and Falmouth always seemed to be cancelled.

Who are the best and worst now for taking a bit of rain?

Hayle,s game will probably be on,only known 1 game off in last 10 years.Ian Gregory does an excellent job but hayle never seems to get the recognition that other clubs get <_<

hayle res r away at penryn :wacko:

does anyone know if wendrons pitch holds water or not as i want to avoid spending all day in the pub

wendrons pitch normaly gets very wet at the bottom right (if looking from changin rooms) but normally playable-i doubt they'l call it off

if on the wings-dependin on which side obviously-normaly mouldy's one half and studs the next-left side as u look from changin rooms is always hard even in heavy rain

I will not be surprised if most of the games will be postponed. The weather over the next two days is pretty bad. The rainfull is going to be between 20 - 30 mm in low levels and up to 70 mm on the higher ground with winds of between 60-70 mph. The rain is coming in around 7am and wont pass through cornwall until about 2100 on friday.

There will be a break for a few hours before the rain returns although not on the scale as friday.

The ground is already very wet and with the amount of rain due over the next 48 hours it looks as though many pitches will certainly be waterlogged.

CAN WE REQUEST THAT PEOPLE CONSIDER HOW FAR THE AWAY TEAMS AND OFFICIALS HAVE TO TRAVEL WHEN DOING PITCH INSPECTIONS.

IF THE PITCH IS OBVIOUSLY UNPLAYABLE THEN PLEASE TRY AND INFORM THE OFFICIALS AND PLAYERS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE SO THAT THEY CAN ARRANGE ALTERNATIVE ACTIVITIES FOR SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

I AM DOING A LOCAL PITCH INSPECTION BEFORE LUNCHTIME FOR A MATCH THAT I AM NOT ACTUALLY OFFICIATING IN ORDER TO SAVE BOTH CLUBS THE EXPENSES OF TRAVELLING, RE-PAINTING THE LINES, REFEREES ETC;

YOU CAN ALWAYS REQUEST A HIGH LEVEL LOCAL REFEREE TO POP DOWN IN THE MORNING AND HAVE A GOOD INSPECTION.

I've heard off one of my mates that St Day is compleately waterlogged.

I've heard off one of my mates that St Day is compleately waterlogged.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN !!

more than one team at hayle smithy ,something we,re trying to teach the illiterate ,4 teams and main pitch on at least,any bets? ;) welcome to the club and best of luck for tomorrow although i don,t anticipate your game at penryn to be on tomorrow,although there has been an improvement tonight (penryn 1sts cancelled) :lol:

more than one team at hayle smithy ,something we,re trying to teach the illiterate ,4 teams and main pitch on at least,any bets? ;) welcome to the club and best of luck for tomorrow although i don,t anticipate your game at penryn to be on tomorrow,although there has been an improvement tonight (penryn 1sts cancelled) :lol:

thanks for the welcoming lol, i only said that the 2nds r away at penryn as the topic is in the combination/ecpl froum lol, 4 teams-i thought there was 5 lol.

yea lookin forward to it-hopefully it wont be called off

does anyone know if wendrons pitch holds water or not as i want to avoid spending all day in the pub

wendrons pitch was played on last week so expect its struggling to recover from that reg, may as well go pub :drink:

smithy you going for some sort of record mate or you just short of tracksuits!!!!!! lol :thumbsup:

anyone know the chances of newquay away being on?

St Day 99.9% off. Y with the weather we have had and the imminent forcast we cannot call off on a Friday night is beyond me. At least then you can get on and plan your weekend properly. We all want to play but common sense should prevail.

I think the game between St. Dennis and St. Columb Major will be called off, the pitch at St Dennis gets very boggy and a few games gets called off there

in recent years it has "meats" but went to the pitch yesterday and was looking realy nice. Soft underneath but great playing surface. Saying that it pored down today. Just hoping the wind keeps up :clapper: :c:

I think the game between St. Dennis and St. Columb Major will be called off, the pitch at St Dennis gets very boggy and a few games gets called off there

in recent years it has "meats" but went to the pitch yesterday and was looking realy nice. Soft underneath but great playing surface. Saying that it pored down today. Just hoping the wind keeps up :clapper::c:

Thats all good then ''ricks'', I hope we do play. Always a good game between the two sides. :thumbsup:

Good dugouts down Penryn and at Hayle Smithy get used to them.....3 weeks maybe at a push........ :drink:

good one

wendrons pitch was played on last week so expect its struggling to recover from that reg, may as well go pub :drink:

smithy you going for some sort of record mate or you just short of tracksuits!!!!!! lol :thumbsup:

anyone know the chances of newquay away being on?

gotta keep up wiv u scoffy m8!! lol

:smiley20: