Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY V FOXHOLE STARS

Guest Peppermint

I am banking on Newquay finishing in the top two as I know they have a desire for SWPL Premier

They are realistically the club for promotion from the West as Porthleven 5th.who normally do not take this challenge and next team down with floodlights are Truro City reserves in 10th spot.

In the SWPL East the highest club with floodlights is Exmouth Town in 10th.position

So lets hope there is a natural promotion/relegation at the end of the season even if it is only for one .

I am banking on Newquay finishing in the top two as I know they have a desire for SWPL Premier

They are realistically the club for promotion from the West as Porthleven 5th.who normally do not take this challenge and next team down with floodlights are Truro City reserves in 10th spot.

In the SWPL East the highest club with floodlights is Exmouth Town in 10th.position

So lets hope there is a natural promotion/relegation at the end of the season even if it is only for one .

Don't write off Hayle. Floodlights is the next step to improve an allready excellent set-up.

Mike, i think you may find that floodlichts in situ are not a requirement for promotion.

the remit may be planning permission in place and then 12 months grace, which in my opinion is a good thing as it gives ambitious clubs access to additional funding at step 6, and thus the chnace to improve facilities which can only be a good thing for football in the region.

Also the actual criteria for Step 6 is still not finalised nationally. It may be that while we have clubs with lights ready to step up and replace those that don't, that may not be the case in other leagues throughout the country.

The SWPL are awaiting guidance from the FA. (I believe)

Newquay 3 Foxhole 1

Wednesday 4th November 2009

Defending the gale, Foxhole fell behind on four minutes when Meens turned Crowle's cross into his own net but there were few scares until the 41st minute when Hampshire's dubiously awarded free-kick was misjudged by Ryan Holland. In the meantime, while offering next to nothing as an attacking threat themselves, the Foxes had restricted Newquay to a couple of off-target attempts by Palmer, although Holland had to move smartly to turn Crowle's left-footed drive around the post. Unfortunately, Hampshire's fortuitous second goal was decisive as a two-goal deficit was to prove too big a hurdle to overcome for the fourth successive game.

Nevertheless, the Foxes had a real go from the restart. Pinhammer saw a shot saved before a fierce drive flew over from Rowe, whose back-header was then brilliantly gathered by the otherwise shaky-looking Payne. On 64, Kenny's 30-yard drive had Payne scrambling; within seconds Rowe had smashed in a free-kick to reduce the arrears. Three minutes later, Nicholls came within inches of forcing home an equaliser at the far post, before Pinhammer's ill-luck continued when his goal was ruled out by a tight offside call, and Carpenter tamely nodded wide an inswinging corner.

Newquay had been made to look pretty ordinary but, perhaps realising the visitors had blown their chance, stiffened their midfield with the introduction of Hartigan and gradually resumed control of the match. Weldhen was denied by the legs of Holland on 76, but, from the resulting corner, Hartigan scored from close-range past a static rearguard. Soon Middleton had blazed over the bar from underneath it following a fine run by Crowle, but to concede a fourth would have been tough on the determined Foxes for whom Rowe was regrettably unable to convert either of the opportunities that fell to him during a spirited late surge.

Foxhole (4-2-3-1): Ryan Holland; Richard Faircloth (sub. Chris Grose), Dexter Lawrence (sub. Sam Kenny), Daniel Meens, Adam Holland; Nick Carpenter (sub. Tony Mackellar), Lee Hazeldine; Scott Ansell, Liam Nicholls, Ross Pinhammer; Mark Rowe.

Newquay (4-4-2): Luke Payne; Luke Rigby, Ashley Bradshaw, Jodie Dean (sub. Andy Morris), Sam McKune; Paul Robertson, Orrin Crowle (sub. Sam Hunter), Shaun Middleton, Paul Hampshire; Luke Weldhen, Scott Palmer (sub. Jake Hartigan).

Referee: Mr Martin Ault (Lanner).

Guest Peppermint

I think that this is the second time this season that Darin has called Newquay ordinary but if the Peppermints keep picking up three points then that is fine by me. My thoughts on the match was that the gale force wind did nothing to help good football and again in my opinion there was only going to be one winner and that was Newquay - the home side had enough chances in the first half to have put the game beyond Foxhole but unfortunately did not convert them.

I always enjoy Darin's reports and football is all about opinions so I am sure Darin will not totally agree with my report in next week's copy of the Newquay Voice.

We all enjoy Darin's reports. I think he is correct in saying that Foxhole had the chances to win it but didn't convert them. I thought Nqy needed a extra goal in the 1st half but the fact that we scored against the wind was sufficient evidence of who was the better side.