Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Service and Latest Table

17th October 2009

Cornwall Combination League

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray) 1-1 Mullion (Chris Ensink)

Att - 35

Hayle Reserves (Danny Magee 2, Tom Northall) 3-0 Holman SC

Att - 25

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall 8, Aaron Collick, Reg Pearson, Jordan Adlard, Tom Lake, Darren Meagor) 13-0 Portreath

Att - 25

Newquay Reserves (Dave Rabone 2, Darren Roose, TJ Newton) 4-0 Ludgvan

Att - 30

Penzance Reserves (Joe Day, Chris Bullock) 2-1 St Just (Chris Curnow)

Att - 93

Porthleven Reserves 0-3 Illogan RBL (Gary Sturmey, Paul Wolstencroft, Phil Willey)

Att - 40

RNAS Culdrose (Stephen Hughes 2) 2-1 St Ives Town (Chris Pugh)

Att - 15

St Agnes (Tom Benney 3, Sam Hatfield, Gavin Bennetts) 5-0 Troon

Att - 40

St Day (Dominic Pullen) 1-2 Perranwell (Tom Hogarth, Tim Nixon)

Att - 69

League Cup 1st Round

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ollie Moody 2, Stefan Churcher 2, Rob Wearne, Paul Hart, David Broglino) 7-1 Wendron CC United Reserves (Charlie Young)

Att - ???

Latest Table

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

Guest Luffy Jnr

Newquay 4 v 0 Ludgvan

Half Time 4 -0

Crowd- 30 ish im guessing ?? (Newquay will have to confirm though)

After difficult events of the past week off the field Ludgvan went into the game without manager Richard Luff who was rushed to hospital after a freak accident after midweek training... he is still recovering and it may be a little bit of time until he is able to speak and manage again.

Ludgvan to make things all the worse had a terrible 1st half display and Newquay played some good football. It could have been alot more but thanks to some brilliant goalkeeping by James Blewett it could have been alot more.

The 2nd half was 100 times better from Ludgvan and after conceding 4 goals in the 1st half , Ludgvan held Newquay in the 2nd half after a very good battling display which my old man would have been proud of. Mike Cruse hit a shot wide late on after some good skills. Marc Taylor weaved in and out of defenders and went clear and curled a shot onto the post. (And myself) Matt Luff had the keeper scrambling wiv a late 40 yard strike just over the bar.

Very nice pitch at Newquay ,wonderful weather and fairly well reffed too . Good game shame we didnt win but Newquay played some nice stuff at times and were probably the best side we've faced so far.

Wendron next week for us at Ludgvan big game!!! :smiley20: :drink:

unlucky reg, your record of seven goals along with rapsey now beaten so u cant go on about it. neil southall could of easily scored nine but decided to let craig taylor finish who hit the post from two yards.

helston scorers

neil southall 8

reg pearson 1

aaron collick 1

jordan adlard 1

tom lake 1

darren meager 1

credit to portreath- never gave up, battled hard, and a nice bunch of lads, good luck to the end of season.

ref watch 8/10

crowd 25

Porthleven 0 Illogan 3

A well contested game, which had Port taken their first half chances may have been very different. Illogan went in 2-0 up at half time. 2 similar goals ending up with simple finishes at the far post, 1 from Gary Sturmey I believe. However, the home side had 2 fantastic chances. Tom Wadsworth hitting the post with a one-on-one as early as the 5th minute with the score at 0-0. At 1-0 down, Barry Wyatt, what can only be described as a 'world class' double save - a fine cross from Martin Wortley was headed towards the corner by Neil Bartlett, Wyatt diving to save and picking himself up to save the rebound - for me, this changed the game.

Illogan did get the ball at times but were also useful going direct - hitting the right areas with very willing chasers. Port did compete, butb in the first half Illogan put themselves about, and maybe Port didnt as much as they could have.

In the second half Port did start to put some tackles in - and with little seperating the sides, were always in the game. Illogan showed why they are many peoples favourites for the title though by seeing at the game well. Jamie Gray made an outstanding couple of saves in the Port goal on hos debut, but could do nothing when late in the game, Paul Wolstencroft finsihed well from the edge of the box, to effectively end the game.

All in all a good game to watch - with a lot of positives for the home side to take. Things certainly are now improving and the squad is growing in strength. Martin Wortley played a great first half for Port, though in general everyone performed well - some good football in the 1st half and a competitive streak in the second - we just need to put that together.

Credit to Illogan who all performed well, and will no doubt be there or thereabouts come May - good luck to them.

My Port M.O.M - Neil Rollinson - looked calm and assured at centre half alongside Dan Rowe.

Att: 40ish

Ref watch: Good game - didnt get the cards out, 9/10.

Awesome result, can't wait for Dave Fish, sorry i mean Kempy to have his say!!! Perranwell went up to St Day with a very weak squad, so that's hell of a result!! UP THE WELL!!!!

Now now Deano!! we were thin on the ground and had a few of the second teamers in! but we got a result!!!

All calls may be monitered and recorded for training purposes, and you may be charged more if you are calling from a mobile!!

You won too!! :c: Cha cha cha !! well it is strickly night! lol

port 0-3 illogan

very poor performance from illogan but three points and a clean sheet which we would of took before the game! good double save from barrie wyatt but apart from that both sides were poor! the ref was absolutely shockin, i think ur being to kind giving him 9/10 brayer! hardly moved out the centre circle all game, never once used his cards for either team which i deserved one myself! thats twice weve had him now and hes crap! but like people say without them there would be no football! all credit to port never gave up and fought right till the final whistle!

illogan scorers:

p.wolstencroft

p.willey

g.sturmey

also well done to perranwell great result!!

port 0-3 illogan

very poor performance from illogan but three points and a clean sheet which we would of took before the game! good double save from barrie wyatt but apart from that both sides were poor! the ref was absolutely shockin, i think ur being to kind giving him 9/10 brayer! hardly moved out the centre circle all game, never once used his cards for either team which i deserved one myself! thats twice weve had him now and hes crap! but like people say without them there would be no football! all credit to port never gave up and fought right till the final whistle!

illogan scorers:

p.wolstencroft

p.willey

g.sturmey

also well done to perranwell great result!!

Come on you played CRAP and still won and the ref was crap!!!!!

Just enjoy.............

unlucky reg, your record of seven goals along with rapsey now beaten so u cant go on about it. neil southall could of easily scored nine but decided to let craig taylor finish who hit the post from two yards.

helston scorers

neil southall 8

reg pearson 1

aaron collick 1

jordan adlard 1

tom lake 1

darren meager 1

credit to portreath- never gave up, battled hard, and a nice bunch of lads, good luck to the end of season.

ref watch 8/10

crowd 25

i think i will play against,portreath just to beat the record,senior football and scores like this what a joke :drink: :lol:

i no kempy especially after last weeks performance and quality of refereein but then i suppose its back to reality! good result for perranwell today things not lookin good up at st day!!

No it wasn,t looking good up at st day this afternoon ,great win for perran , BUT ,1 sent off for st day and should of been another in the first 10 minutes .And big dom could not take the banter from female suporters and stuck 1 finger up to them dureing the game , and at full time went over started mouthing and stuck his finger up to their faces ,i don,t know what winno is teaching the players ,but i bet this is not the type of thing st day want associated with a good club like thiers.

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

Out of interest I went to watch this game with much anticipation. In fact all I saw was 2 teams whom were more intent on kicking the ball 50 yards and intent on trying to wind each other up.

The game was totally poor Perranwell I think probably edged it but not by much. I was stood by the corner flag near the very vocal Perranwell supporters who were taunting the big St Day forward with infact some unpleasant gestures and language and he react a few times with the same sort of language and gestures but all very harmless I feel. The referee seemed more interested in himself than the actual game not seen him before but not very good at all. St Day player sent off towards the end for terrible challenge on Perranwell number 7 who played quite well,another Perranwell player reacted and dropped his head into the St Day player but received no caution at all with ref right in view. That was the most lively part of of a very poor game

All in all a poor game but as Im led to belive they play again next week could be an interesting fixture. I may go again and perhaps we may see some football played. I must add that the St Day facilities are very good.

Out of interest I went to watch this game with much anticipation. In fact all I saw was 2 teams whom were more intent on kicking the ball 50 yards and intent on trying to wind each other up.

The game was totally poor Perranwell I think probably edged it but not by much. I was stood by the corner flag near the very vocal Perranwell supporters who were taunting the big St Day forward with infact some unpleasant gestures and language and he react a few times with the same sort of language and gestures but all very harmless I feel. The referee seemed more interested in himself than the actual game not seen him before but not very good at all. St Day player sent off towards the end for terrible challenge on Perranwell number 7 who played quite well,another Perranwell player reacted and dropped his head into the St Day player but received no caution at all with ref right in view. That was the most lively part of of a very poor game

All in all a poor game but as Im led to belive they play again next week could be an interesting fixture. I may go again and perhaps we may see some football played. I must add that the St Day facilities are very good.

going incognito are we???

Combo League games were a team has scored 14 or more goals

21-4-1962 Porthleven 15-0 St Breward

1993/94 Falmouth Town Reserves 14-0 Marazion Blues

29-11-08 Ludgvan 0-15 Perranwell

12-9-09 St Day 14-1 Portreath

10-10-09 Portreath 0-14 Penryn Athletic Reserves

The highest ever score draw was played on 26th October 1974 between Helston Athletic and RAF St Mawgan. At half-time Helston were 5-0 up but St Mawgan came back to 5-4 before the game finally finished 6-6.

Record score in the Cup is 13-0 by Porthleven Reserves over Marazion Blues, and in the Supp Cup, Falmouth Town Reserves 10-0 Holman SC

Mr T you must have been thinking of a Cornwall Senior Cup match

Newquay 4 - 0 Ludgvan

A battling Ludgvan side put their off-field troubles behind them and contributed to an entertaining game, succumbing to four first half goals in fantastic conditions on an immaculate Mount Wise pitch.

Newquay have had an inconsistent start to the season and needed an eary goal to settle any nerves. Newquay crafted out a couple of half chances but did not trouble James Blewitt in the Ludgvan goal. Newquay finally got the breakthrough after some continued pressure, a cross from the right wing was headed towards the top corner by David Rabone and a full-stretch Blewitt tipped the ball over for a corner. The resulting corner again found Rabone at the far post, this time his powerful header crashed into the crossbar with the ball only cleared the right flank. Corner taker TJ Newton collected the ball and drove into the box, smashing an outrageous right foot shot into the roof of the net, just inside the near post.

Despite the early setback, Ludvan attacked with purpose and some great work down the left by Mike Cruise could have created more problems for the Newquay back four. Newquay were able to absorb the pressure and hit Ludgvan on the counter attack at pace. An excellent through-ball from Alan Yendle split the defence and Rabone cut inside towards the Ludgvan goal, clipping a smart finish over the onrushing Blewitt. Newquay were looking more and more positive and Shaun Lawrence, who has been in fantastic form recenty, had numerous options and chose to pick out Darren Roose with a slide-rule pass straight through the middle - with Roose opting for an early finish, striking the ball first time from the edge of the area with the Ludgvan 'keeper unable to react. At this stage, Newquay looked like they could score from every attack and an excellent move from midfield allowed Jay Tipton to turn the ball around the corner to the unmarked Rabone to smash home a curling finish from the angle to make it four.

Despite the scoreline, Ludgvan battled hard and worked together as a team, something they deserve a lot of credit for. As a side they appear to be much improved and worked incredibly hard in the second half - creating a couple of good chances to reduce the arrears. Newquay continued to carve out chances but were unable to add to the scoreline, something which was in stark contrast to a clinical first half display. Credit to James Blewitt for an excellent second half display, David Rabone looked odds on to score his third when he angled his run and took on a difficult first-time strike, however, Blewitt somehow managed to stretch out a hard for a stunning reaction save. Ludgvan worked hard to create chances in the second half - Mark Taylor, who worked tirelessly in midfield for Ludgvan, used his momentum to beat two defenders and smashed a low drive past Billy Holland in the Newquay goal, only to see the ball hit the foot of the post and drop safely at the feet of a Newquay defender. Mike Cruise, who also worked hard all game, also came close when he slid the ball past Holland only to see his finish slide agonisingly wide of the far post. In the dying moments, Matt Luff tried his luck from distance, Holland made a token dive into the back of his net as the ball dropped inches over the crossbar.

A special mention for our match referee, Simon, who controlled the game in a quiet and unfussy manner, making assertive decisions and letting the game flow - without doubt the best referee I have seen all season.

Best wishes to Richard Luff for a speedy recovery from all at Newquay and good luck to Ludgvan, with that kind of effort and commitment I hope it isn't too long before they collect another three points.

Guest dreckly

POOR GAME, TERRIBLE OFFICIATING, CORRECT RESULT

maybe you should have made sure ref had your subs names!!!

Should managers of clubs been on here moaning about refs? ie bringing game into disrepute.

No moaning fella stating the facts of the game simple. As I said in the other topic. Subs were asked for and names dropped into the officials dressing room. If he didnt get them I cannot help that but why didnt he come to me before the game obviously knowing himself that he hadnt seen them. The ccfa will have to sort this one.

I know plenty of managers and referees read and comment on this forum so what are the exact rules governing the naming of substitutes in the combination league as I havent a clue. Some refs come to you with the little black book and you give them to him, others dont bother and just ask for names when subs come on and others ask for the subs by a time and you drop the list in his changing room??????????

Guest Kimbo Slice

what are the exact rules governing the naming of substitutes in the combination league as I havent a clue.

Errmm, am I missing something here? This is the Mesiah of the Combination League and even he ain't got a clue :glare:

Is knowing the rules of all competitions not a prerequisite for any manager ????????

Hello Winno,

I hope you are well mate. Whilst we are on the topic of substitutions, just out of interest, I recall that no subs were requested for the St Day/Newquay game recently. Would you have routinely named yourself as a sub? I know it was a bit of a surprise that your 'keeper was sent of late in the first half and wondered if you are still naming yourself each week?

Cheers.