Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 17/10/09

Mawnan 1 Falmouth Alion 5

Albion route to another victory on their road to avoiding relegation this year......

Goals from R to the J with a double one a penalty and one and thunderous strike from the edge of the box, two from Jack I dont stop running Foote and an exceptional intervention before rounding the keeper from you guessed it the cornish legend Keir Dent, aka K-Dogg. Late goal from Mawnan in 89th minute.

Must mention Shifty who as usual gave 110% and won everything in the air for us and Joe Benney who showed great discipline today and shown how mature he has become as a footballer by taking 4 disgusting tackles from Kevin Morris including one very similar to Adebayor stamp on van persie 3 weeks ago but didnt take the bate. That kind of tackle doesnt belong on a football pitch.

Well done to ref who i felt had an exceptional game.

Melville benney odds for being manager of the year have been slashed this evening, the hard work is paying off.

Heard penryn game was called off after ref didnt turn up

Carharrack 0 Perranporth 10

I have to say that Perran were awesome today some lovely football and incredible goals. First time I have played at Carharrack and was impressed with the set up and pitch,

We totaly bossed the game although the home side will feel agrieved about there offside goal which would have made it 1 - 1 and really they only had one other shot which was lucky for me because I played with a trapped nerve in my back and was struggliung to move.

Although Carharrack won't agre I thought ref Ben Lugg had an excellent game.

Nice to finally meet richard chown.......

League Cup

RNAS Culdrose 1 Rosudgeon 6 h/t 1-3

First time that i have seen the Rosudgeon team for many years and i was very impressed by the young team.They are going to cause a few upsets this season if they stay together.

Very sporting encounter and thanks to Scooby too for the food and hospitality.

Wheatley Cobb Cup

Lizard Res 3 Carharrack Res 4 aet 3-3 at 90 minutes.

Carharrack 0 Perranporth 10

I have to say that Perran were awesome today some lovely football and incredible goals. First time I have played at Carharrack and was impressed with the set up and pitch,

We totaly bossed the game although the home side will feel agrieved about there offside goal which would have made it 1 - 1 and really they only had one other shot which was lucky for me because I played with a trapped nerve in my back and was struggliung to move.

Although Carharrack won't agre I thought ref Ben Lugg had an excellent game.

Nice to finally meet richard chown.......

Was a very classy performance from Perran it what could/should have been a closer match as 1st played 2nd in the FHFL!

Also my first time at Carharrack and again good little set up

Great banter in the social club after, recommened any teams playing Carharrack make an effort to go for drink after (curry was top notch).

Manager Mick Lane and coach Steve Maynard got it spot on today with Perran Reserves, also showing great strength in the squad as 3 players got called up to the 1st team this week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COXY and enjoy your evening out on the lash boys, see you all at training Tues, but not available for next Sat, i'm off to watch that little Argie boy Messi play in Barca.

:drink: :thumbsup:

Wheatly Cobb Cup Division 3

Lanner 6 Falmouth Athletic reserves 0

A brilliant performance in the 1st half saw lanner go in 3-0 up and should have been more, Lanner seemed to relax and falmouth should have got back into the match but lanners goalkeeper kept the shots out. Falmouth started the 2nd half better and still couldnt get past the lanner keeper and lanner still managed 3 more goals. Good luck to falmouth for the rest of the season

Goalscorers for Lanner

Lee Goldstone 4

Chris Vargas 1

Craig Hicks 1

Guest Gears of War

Albion route to another victory on their road to avoiding relegation this year......

Goals from R to the J with a double one a penalty and one and thunderous strike from the edge of the box, two from Jack I dont stop running Foote and an exceptional intervention before rounding the keeper from you guessed it the cornish legend Keir Dent, aka K-Dogg. Late goal from Mawnan in 89th minute.

Must mention Shifty who as usual gave 110% and won everything in the air for us and Joe Benney who showed great discipline today and shown how mature he has become as a footballer by taking 4 disgusting tackles from Kevin Morris including one very similar to Adebayor stamp on van persie 3 weeks ago but didnt take the bate. That kind of tackle doesnt belong on a football pitch.

Melville benney odds for being manager of the year have been slashed this evening, the hard work is paying off.

The hard work is paying of!!! i am now an albian Fan great bunch of lads and all work 4 each other, no pre madonas :yahoo::thumbsup::clapper: :yahoo:

Wheatley Cobb cup

Wendron 5-1 Troon

Tom Langham 3, rob, craig

A game totally controlled by wendron from the 1st whistle with troon only having 2 or 3 chances in the whole game, a lapse of concentration from a rock solid back 4 gave them their goal which was well taken, credit to troon for playing until the final whistle, a good game of football to be playing in and to watch

I just heard Carharrack lost to Perranporth 9-0

WTF!!!!!!! :blink:

I'm pretty sure it was 10

Cox 2, Dark 2. Bennets 2, Mansfield, L.Brown (pen), Barclay, Arquati

Good performance lads.....as always there's things we can improve on, but fair play we kept playing for the whole 90 mins & kept tight at the back to keep a clean sheet.

Thanks to Carharrack for their hospitality & good luck for the rest of the season. :drink:

Hello my darling fans!!

Well as you can all see im not richard, im the better half jamie!! Richard is having a few techincal issues at the moment so i might let him use my laptop when ever i see him.

Lizard vs Carharrack Res... Wheatly Cobb Cup.

It started off with a lovely trip to the end of the world..spirts were high with a lovely drive.

we arrived a tad early at the game so the lads used there excitment and played football/tennis. was great to watch with them all in shirts and trousers and shoes.

Anyway to the game.

It was a bright start from Carharrack and within a minute of the start a long throw from Ben mont saw a flick header from his brother (matt) hit the back of the net 1-0 carharrack 1 min .

Then a mishit goalkick from yours truly was hit first time by lizard number 9 and it just creeped under the bar 1-1. 20 mins

Then a mix up in the carharrack def saw a through ball to lizard number 7. who had i bit of luck when i punched the ball but it hit him in the face dropped down and he slotted it away. 28mins 2-1 lizard.

within moments carharrack saw themselfs 3-1 down with lizard number 7 agen slotting away nicely 1 on 1.

half time lizard 3 carharrack 1

The 2nd half was much lizard in the early stages but then with 70 mins gone carharrack had a goal back . ben mont long throw hit the box well and it juggled around a bit then darren dawes popped up to smash it under the keeper. 3-2 lizard.

then the game was streched at either end and lizard no. 9 was 1 on 1 a very well hit shot top corner which was goal bound was saved top draw by myself which seemed to give the lads hope agen.

then with minutes left on the clock another long throw hit the box and sean jenkins smashed it in from a flick on 3-3. now

Full time 3-3...... off to extra time we go.

with bugger all happening in the first half apart from another throwin causing problems and mark palmer reacting 1st hitting the ball but an inside thigh with a litttle help from the post the scores stayed level.

2nd half extra time.

both sides went more attacking in this half and but neither creating nething solid. until 118 minutes in the game had passed and another long throw saw matt montgomery grab his 2nd of the game slotting it under the keeper and sending the 3 away fans in raptures and all the lads whos where blowing out there bums on a massive celebration. 4-3

Final score

Lizard 3 - 4 Carharrack Res A.E.T

Thanks to lizard good game and great effort from everyone.. nice to see all your fans down there enjoy the game also .. think i counted 38 in total so a nice crowd.

There you go lads you moan i dont do reports anymore.

wheaty cobb result

ruin minor 1 - 2 st day 3rds aet.

I just heard Carharrack lost to Perranporth 9-0

WTF!!!!!!! :blink:

I'm pretty sure it was 10

Cox 2, Dark 2. Bennets 2, Mansfield, L.Brown (pen), Barclay, Arquati

My mistake - I posted before the final whistle. Great result for Perranporth although judging by the names on the scoresheet it was probably a bit of a foregone.

What can i say as a injured carharrack player i went to watch the game v perranporth.Perran dominated from the first minute to the last. we did however have a dodgy offside decision against us but ask me do i think that decision changed the game then the answer would be no.I thought the ref had a fair game a few bad decisions for both sides but nothing to really moan about. we had a few players out but then so did perran in a nutshell perran were better than us from the first minute to the last and they will take some stopping.

Div 2 League Cup

Mullion 3 Mawnan Smith 2

Good cup tie. Pretty even throughout. They were down to ten men after player sent off for handling the ball on the line. Bit harsh but unfortunately its the rules. They battled well 2nd half considering they had injuries and cramp too. Looking forward to another battle in the middle of the park as got them in another cup in the next few weeks.

17/10/09

FHFL 2

Carharrack 0 Perranporth Res 10

Ok, I won’t beat around the bush I will say it how it was.

This weekend saw two of FHFL 2 unbeaten sides go head to head, however it was Perranporth that give Carharrack a lesson on how to play football. There were no excuses for the performance, the pitch was in fantastic condition, the referee was more than competent, both sides had players out, it was simply a case of being totally outclassed by a superb Perranporth outfit. Yes, they are that good and if I was a betting man I would place a bob or two on them going all the way in the Junior Cup. But every team is beatable.

Perranporth controlled the match from the start of play until the final whistle. The visitors attacked straight from kick off and scored their first goal after 15 minutes after the Carharrack defence stood still and allowed a shoot by the Perranporth winger who slammed it into the back of the net. Shortly after Carharrack midfielder Dan Ellis took a shoot a goal and hit the woodwork from 20 yards out, young Ashley Smeeth ran through the defence and placed the ball into the back of the net, goal. No, the visiting linesman put up his flag for offside and the otherwise experienced referee Ben Lugg disallowed the goal much to the disbelief from the home crowd. Was this the turning point in the match, No, these things happen and you start again but by the time the interval was signalled Carharrack were already 3 goals down.

Into the second half, Carharrack struggled with the pace of Perranporth and soon the scoreline got worse when a Carharrack defender was deemed to have taken down a Perranporth forward inside the box, a penalty was awarded and subsequently converted. Being a considerable amount of goals down Carharrack failed to increase their attack causing Perranporth to play three at the back and compensate in the middle. The consequences of this failure was a complete hammering for the home side who collapsed when being hit from both sides of the pitch. A game to forget, Carharrack will have to learn and move on to next week cup match knowing that if you want to be at the top of the division that is the standard of football you have to achieve.

Now enough of the defeatist attitiude, I look forward to playing them away and hopefully come away with a result in Jan next year.

Great to see, Whuru, Kappa and JTW. Glad you enjoyed it back up the clubhouse afterwards we always try to make everyone feel as welcome as possible, expect if you come from St Day. :lol:

from what I saw mawnan were the better side and gifted the goals, as for bad tackles they seemed fair enough to me. Mawnan gifted the goals to falmouth giving them the win.

Off course it is just my opinion at the end of the day, someone who are you ?

I watched Mr Morris go through Dave Williams, Joe benney on more then one occasion, and Joe Stevens took a nice tackle on his knee with 90 seconds to go at 5-1. No Need really. At the end of the day I felt the ref had a good game He didnt see you stamp on Joe Benney head when he was on the floor so he cant do anything about that but I dont know why he didnt book you although I believe he did say that one more tackle and you are off?? Mawnan had more of the ball but first half only had 3 efforts on goal and prob another 3 in second half. Albion are becoming difficult to break down. And to lose 5-1 being the better side I dont think so, I would just think SOMEONE is just another little second account for someone playing games

Good luck to Mawnan for season

What an absolute pleasure the Carharrack boys we're to be around. This was my first visit to Carharrack and I was very impressed with their setup. The atmosphere on arrival was excellent and that never changed throughout the whole game or back at the club after :clapper:

I can assure you we will return the hospitality when you visit us at Ponsmere Valley :drink:

Good luck for the rest of the season. Rich and all involved at Carharrack can be proud that they have one of the best setups in Junior football and it was a pleasure to visit them on Saturday regardless of the final score :thumbsup:

find it strange mawnan were the better side having lost 5 1

im no mathmetician but that doesnt add up :s

the falmouth goalkeeper had a blinder probably the game of his life, mawnan hit the post/crossbar on many occaisions, and gave away three sloppy goals. In my opinion from an unbiased view mawnan were the better side, sorry if it does not fit with your biased view. But to be honest you guys took your chances and they did not and goals win matches so well done.

as we had no game on saturday i went over to carharrack to see what all this fuss has been sbout with perranporth and caharrack. what i saw was an amazing advert for junior football. richard chown is right perran controlled the game from start to finish and deserved to win. the best 2 players on the pitch by miles were the perran centre forward (darkie??) and the centre mid player luke who didn't stop running. having arquati on the bench shows they must be a strong team as he is a good player. also perran had a really good attitude and didnt gloat or take the piss. hope we dont get them in the junior cup

jim is that the lee dark that played in the first team at perranporth last year ? this is the first time i have watched perranporth and i was really impresed with they way they play, really fast tempo stuff too good for the league theyre in with that team. is luke the brother of elliot brown who used to play at perranwell ?

jim is that the lee dark that played in the first team at perranporth last year ? this is the first time i have watched perranporth and i was really impresed with they way they play, really fast tempo stuff too good for the league theyre in with that team. is luke the brother of elliot brown who used to play at perranwell ?

Yes to both questions, and Elliot also plays in the same team.

someone = drunk................how the hell can a side loose 5-1 and be better!!! LMFAO. havent been on this site in a while! i came on randomly today and realised how funny sum ppl actually r on here!!!!! A TEAM CONCEDES 5 GOALS but r better!!!! haha even if they gifted the goals, that makes them the worst side. good teams dont gift goals. do they?

someone = drunk................how the hell can a side loose 5-1 and be better!!! LMFAO. havent been on this site in a while! i came on randomly today and realised how funny sum ppl actually r on here!!!!! A TEAM CONCEDES 5 GOALS but r better!!!! haha even if they gifted the goals, that makes them the worst side. good teams dont gift goals. do they?

So you are telling me you have never played/watched a game and thought how the *@*! did we lose that they were rubbish. As for you saying that I am drunk and stupid from what I hear pot and kettle come to mind. :drink: