Cup

Porthlevern Rangers v Perranporth - OFF

FHFL 2

Carharrack v Penryn - OFF No Referee

Wendron v Hayle - OFF No Referee

FHFL 3

Carharrack Res v Stitihians - OFF - No Referee

Hayle 4th v Frogpool Res - OFF - No Referee

Perran game was off due to illness within the Porthleven squad - the ref for this one should have popped down to Hayle or over to Carharrack ha ha :P

Shame so many games called off !

Apologies for the lateness ron mawnan and fal ath finished 1-1 matt pellow opened the scoring for Falmouth and also had a very good game only for beaverhead to come off the bench and replace beanhead, he rode a couple of challenges got himself in to the box and finished clinically past, for lack of a better phrase "the mouthy ****"!

Penryn 1

Falmouth Albion 2

2 mistakes cost us the game today, but thats football. Albions goalkeeper played an absolute blinder in the second half, every cross,shot and final ball we put in seemed to fall straight in his hands!

3 or 4 years ago Albion had a team of boys.........

3 or 4 years on they are men and have clicked into a team not to be taken lightly.

All the best Albion

FIFI D

:c:

With our game cancelled today (Rangers) I went to watch Culdrose 2nds against Trispen. The game was very close with chances at both ends, the only goal of the game coming early in the second half when a passing move around the box saw the Culdrose striker poke the ball under the advancing 'keeper. Closest Trispen came to scoring was when Rappo (looking like Dale Winton) had a point blank header palmed onto the bar.

Man of the match had to be Wilky at centre half for Culdrose who despite having two artificial knees and the speed of a lazy sloth was still head and shoulders above everyone else.

Also have to mention referee Phil Cuthbert who had a great game in the middle.

Penryn 1

Falmouth Albion 2

2 mistakes cost us the game today, but thats football. Albions goalkeeper played an absolute blinder in the second half, every cross,shot and final ball we put in seemed to fall straight in his hands!

3 or 4 years on they are men and have clicked into a team not to be taken lightly.

All the best Albion

FIFI D

Cheers FIFI D

Close, hard fought game today. We played well to go 1-0 and 2-1 up, then had to withstand lots of Penryn pressure.

Our keeper was voted Man of the Match, with solid handling and excellent decision making in the second half to take the pressure of the defence.

Nice to be playing in a top of the table match after the last couple of years when we have just avoided relegation. No big changes to the squad but quite a few of our players have now had a full season of Divison 1 under their belt and the experience is starting to tell.

However, the games dont get any easier with Mawnan away next week.

Good luck for the season Penryn and hopefully we'll both be up there when we play next.

Guest Gears of War

Penryn 1

Falmouth Albion 2

All the best Albion

FIFI D

Cheers FIFI D

Close, hard fought game today. We played well to go 1-0 and 2-1 up, then had to withstand lots of Penryn pressure.

Our keeper was voted Man of the Match, with solid handling and excellent decision making in the second half to take the pressure of the defence.

Nice to be playing in a top of the table match after the last couple of years when we have just avoided relegation. No big changes to the squad but quite a few of our players have now had a full season of Divison 1 under their belt and the experience is starting to tell.

Good luck for the season Penryn and hopefully we'll both be up there when we play next.

Well done albion didnt c this one coming with such a strong penryn outfit including my bro mike, rj and joe benny bossed midfield and your forward dnt know his name was causing all sorts off problems, Still along way 2 go and penryn wont play that bad again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words LG74!! Good report.My tan is a real one though!! And i aint a bender like old Dale!!! :P Great save from the keeper,summed our day up really!Great weather lovely pitch,excellent ref and hard but fair opponents,just wish i wasnt late and got to play on it for 90 instead of 20!! Think div 2 will be a tough league this year.3rd place up for grabs for someone behind Perranporth and Carharrack i think? :thumbsup:

Division 3

Lanner 8 Pendeen Rovers Reserves 1

A poor start from lanner allowed pendeen to open the scoring in the first 10 minutes, this goal shook lanner into life and by half time lanner were 6-1 ahead. Lanner eased off after the break and could only manage 2 more goals.Good luck to pendeen for the rest of the season.

Lanner Goalscorers

Stuart Lugg 4

Lee Goldstone 2

Aaron Minall 1

Ryan Ault 1

Guest mariner

Hit the nail on the head jakey although Chris Page stood in well, in the abscence of Ross Bowden plus the 2 comical goals we gave them ( 1 my fault ) also played a part, overall for their workrate Albion deserved their win :angry2:

div3 st.day 5 tine 3. tine took 20mins to wake up and by that time 4-0 down. after waking up we were definately a match for st.day. conceding the 5th 2mins before halftime was the killer blow. won the 2nd half 1-0 and hit the post and had several chances go begging with st.day not really threatening but the better side on the day won. fair scoreline really although st.day knew they were in a game and were hanging on at the end with every player bck behind the ball. entertaining game, well done st.day

Think he means celebrity Rappo,like Dale ,cas you are in the football circules.Bet he wishes hes played at the levels ,and scored as many goals as you.

WELL 66

The Enigma machine broke down trying to decrypt that one. I definetly agree with you that Rappo has been a great goal scorer over the years and a nice bloke as well it seems, makes me sick really!

FHFL 2

St Day Res v Helston Res

Due to our game being cancelled due to no match official, me and a few of the lads thought we would go and watch some other FHFL 2 action up at Vouge Park were St Day Res hosted Helston Res.

The football wasn’t attractive but did provide entertainment. The game started even but soon swayed in St Day’s favour when the Helston goalkeeper hesitated on going for the ball and was met with a challenge. This resulted in play being stopped and the goalkeeper being substituted off. Helston were the first to take the lead, when confusion in the box allowed the visitors striker to touch a pass and place the ball pass the home keeper aka The Cat. Although not the best of goals the celebration was worthy of a Oscar. This lead was to be short lived, St Day applied the pressure and soon leveled the score. Inspired by Duaine Britton currently being loaned by the first team, St Day started to create chances and through Britton's shot at goal managed to get the lead just before half time. The Helston striker who was a close resemblance of Carlos Tevez, looks wise not skills, came close to equalising but place the ball wide.

Going into the second half, Helston’s stand in goalkeeper despite the score line pulled off some good saves, however with the ball getting inside the box too often the Helston defence failed to clear the ball outside the danger zone leading to a barrage of goals throughout the second half. Unfortunately for Helston, St Day’s third and forth goals were clearly offside but the Helston manager/linesman failed to raise his flag instead deciding to complain to the more than satisfactory referee to keep up with play, which I didn’t quite understand. Anyway, this led to a loss in confidence by Helston and St Day scored a barrage of goals, to their credit Helston didn’t give up until the final whistle with the score line flattering St Day. Compared to other teams in FHFL 2 I have seen this season both sides will have to up their game if they expect to compete for a promotion place or at worse avoid relegation.

Overall an enjoyable day watching a afternoons football at the “Senior” club up the road.

Division 3

Lanner 8 Pendeen Rovers Reserves 1

A poor start from lanner allowed pendeen to open the scoring in the first 10 minutes, this goal shook lanner into life and by half time lanner were 6-1 ahead. Lanner eased off after the break and could only manage 2 more goals.Good luck to pendeen for the rest of the season.

Lanner Goalscorers

Stuart Lugg 4

Lee Goldstone 2

Aaron Minall 1

Ryan Ault 1

Great result for Lanner thought after i'd scored my elegant touch (with my standing leg!!!)was gonna be a easy game s**t how wrong was i Lanner pushed there striker out on the left and mullered us lit. in a 20 min spell he could have scored 10!!! anyway great result Lanner we sorted are system in 2nd half and held are own but after all that chasing in the 1st half we faded in last 10 to concede 2 more ...good luck LANNER

Inspired by Duaine Britton currently being loaned by the first team, St Day started to create chances and through Britton's shot at goal managed to get the lead just before half time.

Duaine Britton has signed for Trispen FHFL(last time id checked) so not sure what he's doing playing for St. Day reserves...????

Inspired by Duaine Britton currently being loaned by the first team, St Day started to create chances and through Britton's shot at goal managed to get the lead just before half time.

Duaine Britton has signed for Trispen FHFL(last time id checked) so not sure what he's doing playing for St. Day reserves...????

Graham are you sure its not Mining League mate?

Guest Bundiwilliams

i heard he had signed for trispen too, surely the first team though, but they are falmouth helston too so i hope st.day got him transferred

Penryn 1

Falmouth Albion 2

All the best Albion

FIFI D

Cheers FIFI D

Well done albion didnt c this one coming with such a strong penryn outfit including my bro mike, rj and joe benny bossed midfield and your forward dnt know his name was causing all sorts off problems, Still along way 2 go and penryn wont play that bad again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just like to say agree with jake and think we didn't play that bad and thought we played the better football and lack movent off the ball .albian worked hard 4 each other and defended very well so well done fal and all the best

Penryn 1

Falmouth Albion 2

All the best Albion

FIFI D

Cheers FIFI D

Just like to say agree with Jake and think we didn't play that bad and thought we played the better football and our lack movent off the ball wasn't good enough. Albian worked hard for each other and defended very well so well done fal and all the best.