Cornwall Football Forum

Update (town v bodmin)

Great result. Should give us a bit of confidence now and hopefully move up the table. Although Bodmin had more of the play seconf half Falmouth dug in and kept them out. If we had been given a blatant penalty and if it wasn't for Miller's superb save at the end could have been more.

Alot of stoppage time for lost balls (Bodmin kept sending the ball into the trees at the far end rather than the goal !).

A bit embarrasing at this level really. Where are the ball boys ?

Great result. Should give us a bit of confidence now and hopefully move up the table. Although Bodmin had more of the play seconf half Falmouth dug in and kept them out. If we had been given a blatant penalty and if it wasn't for Miller's superb save at the end could have been more.

Alot of stoppage time for lost balls (Bodmin kept sending the ball into the trees at the far end rather than the goal !).

A bit embarrasing at this level really. Where are the ball boys ?

If they didnt charge kids to get in, more might come and happily fill the ball boy slots but surely they should encourage the youth section to participate ! Well done Falmouth :clapper:

Was Jason Chapman back in goal after injury?

Chapman was back in goal tonite

What is Richard kellow doing now? Heard he was playing in goal for Constantine? Robin Teagle didnt play tonite

In fairness, I think that it is a bit premature to write Bodmin off as title challengers. They are a very, very good side and still the team to beat. Town played very well in the first half and got the goal they deserved with a screamer from Bobby Bryant. Second half, and Bodmin kept Falmouth penned in their own half for long periods. Not until the introduction of fresh legs near the end did Town really trouble the visitors again, but then could easily have scored one or two more goals. However, that would not have been a true reflection of what was a very keenly contested and even match.

Credit must go to both sides for an entertaining and at times nail-biting game.

Thank you both teams.

Guest Rydon Ranger

DanBlazey, your team are doing very well and are up near the top of the league so congratulations, but lets not be too premature on how well your team is doing. I think that you should also look at who your team has played this season. You have only lost one game which I believe was against Tavistock. They are the only team that you have played in the current top half of the league. Lets wait until you have played teams like Falmouth, Ivybridge, Bodmin, Saltash and Buckland and see how your team are doing then?

DanBlazey, your team are doing very well and are up near the top of the league so congratulations, but lets not be too premature on how well your team is doing. I think that you should also look at who your team has played this season. You have only lost one game which I believe was against Tavistock. They are the only team that you have played in the current top half of the league. Lets wait until you have played teams like Falmouth, Ivybridge, Bodmin, Saltash and Buckland and see how your team are doing then?

True!

I was thinking only last night that we seem to have avoided the 'big boys' so far, but we are now "one of the favourites" and I think the title will go to either us, Bodmin, Saltash or Ivybridge, with Penzance and Buckland as possible dark horses.

Long way to go.

Edit: I don't think Ivybridge can win it, but they will be there or thereabouts.

St Blazey may not have played the top teams yet but before christmas we will have played Bodmin twice, Buckland and Penzance twice (once in the league cup). Saturday week we play Ivybridge away were we havnt won since the SWPL started. I might be wrong but did we get a 0-0 at their place? Either way, its a long old poke to stand in a green patch with little facilities to loose so come on St Blazey. Have Ivy had any ground improvements completed yet??

A long way to go but you have to aim high if you want to achieve anything!! :rolleyes:

Does it bother anyone from Falmouth or Bodmin that so early in the season you have played each other home and away so thats it til next season (UNLESS YOU MEET IN THE CUP).

Barring midweek cup replays (why wasnt played this midweek?) Saltash and Parkway will meet for the second and maybe last time this season on Tuesday and Im sure 2 1st division sides had played one another home and away.

I appreciate how hard a job it must be arranging fixtures especially if the ground is shared by a 2nd team.

Re ivybridge. Cant see anything happening there til theyve finnished all their home games. As I understand the pitch is being turned 90 degrees.

Guest Postie Pidge

Personally it doesn't bother me, fixtures are done at random. Though we meet at Bickland again on Thursday 22nd October in the Throgmorton Cup - I'm sure there will be a different outcome then....

If they didnt charge kids to get in, more might come and happily fill the ball boy slots but surely they should encourage the youth section to participate ! Well done Falmouth :clapper:

Surely we shouldn't be ball boys to get in. I would have thought a fiver in their pocket for doing it would be the way to go Mr. Kimberley ?

Surely we shouldn't be ball boys to get in. I would have thought a fiver in their pocket for doing it would be the way to go Mr. Kimberley ?

Of course we don't charge ballboys to get in to matches! We normally have enough ball boys on a saturday,but this was a school night so I imagine some couldn't make it. The reason we were suddenly short of footballs was firstly because of wayward shooting and secondly,the far side of the stand is in complete darkness,even under floodlights and it was difficult to find them.We've since found all the lost balls(easily in daylight!) and have now vowed to have even more on standby when they return on October 22nd!! :thumbsup:B):clapper:

Of course we don't charge ballboys to get in to matches! We normally have enough ball boys on a saturday,but this was a school night so I imagine some couldn't make it. The reason we were suddenly short of footballs was firstly because of wayward shooting and secondly,the far side of the stand is in complete darkness,even under floodlights and it was difficult to find them.We've since found all the lost balls(easily in daylight!) and have now vowed to have even more on standby when they return on October 22nd!! :thumbsup:B):clapper:

:clapper: well done for not charging the ball boys :clapper:

we dont charge any youth at hayle....

family club an all that :rolleyes:

In response to the above post - My son has ballboyed twice this season and gets charged to come in when hes not needed ? Am I due a refund ?!! <_< I have tried to get clarity on this issue but as a public statement has been made on here its probably worth letting the gate staff know who is charged and who is not :clapper::clapper: The club does give the ball boys a couple of quid for their duties :clapper: Mining helmets for the next evening game maybe ?!!! :thumbsup:

Having read another thread 'how much is it to watch the Falmouth v Bodmin game' - Pidge states its free for kids when accompanied by an adult which in my mind isnt quite the same as Major saying youth get in for free, the same as Hayle. Hayle let all kids in for free whether they play for the club or not, whether they come with an adult or not so clarity please !!! :clapper:

while you are slagging off falmouth town your stand needs serious work done on it. maybe more money on that then on the team

Hold on a minute, I am not slagging them off. I am a supporter of Falmouth !! All I want is confirmation on admission 4 kids. Ive made numerous enquiries by way of telephone but unforunately people have not got back to me :clapper:

Guest Dick Dastardly

in my opinion kids under 16 shouldnt have to pay to watch whether ball boy or not especially cos the law states that they cant play senior football until they turn 16, therefor i believe in giving them a chance to see wat adults football is all about and this is with out a charge. as for the bodmin game it was abismal when u state it was complete and utter dark behind the goal, surely this is a health and safety issue? how about better protection of balls going down there? all beit u cant help poor shooting from the bodmin strikers, i believe a falmouth player went looking for the ball himself having got fed up of waiting around! surely something needs a bit of attention at that end of the pitch!

B) B)

in my opinion kids under 16 shouldnt have to pay to watch whether ball boy or not especially cos the law states that they cant play senior football until they turn 16, therefor i believe in giving them a chance to see wat adults football is all about and this is with out a charge. as for the bodmin game it was abismal when u state it was complete and utter dark behind the goal, surely this is a health and safety issue? how about better protection of balls going down there? all beit u cant help poor shooting from the bodmin strikers, i believe a falmouth player went looking for the ball himself having got fed up of waiting around! surely something needs a bit of attention at that end of the pitch!

Hey DD-thanx for your comments. If you know anything about Bickland Park and it's terrain,you would know that behind that goal is very uneven and even though we cleared it in the close season it is difficult to negotiate at the best of times! The floodlights don't give enough light so it's no surprise that the ball boys can't find the ball.This is never likely to improve as it would increase light pollution to the properties that surround the ground.It's bad enough trying to retrieve stray balls!!

That said,when our opponents leave their shooting boots at home,it can be messy with balls going off in all directions! To ensure that the ball boys can perform the task,the club is purchasing at great expense some torches to light the way!! B) B)

New torches for the ball boys!

Only the cheapest option for the health and safety of the ground will do!

Can the club invest in some ground improvements seeing, as they can invest in players like Tom Smith and Danny O hagan?

Maybe the club can confirm what plans they have for ground improvements as the ground is a disgrace. Hard standing around is needed and stands fixed. Will it be the end of season walk around with a note pad listing work, before any action is considered? Dont mess with Health and Safety all spare money should be used for making things safe not players. You cant live the dream on the pitch. You have to live it off the pitch aswell!

:c::c::( :(

Guest opsman

I thought that it was a premier league rule that admission charges applied to Adults and consessions i.e. kids and retired etc.

Did not believe that clubs had a choice but to charge. I also understand that the admission fees are determined by the league as well.

Having contacted The Cornwall FA, I can inform you that they only have fixed entry on County Games and have no jurisdiction over what an individual club charge for League Matches. I have also spoken to the Peninsular League who inform me that their guidelines for entry are as follows- A minimum of £3 for Adults and a concessionary fee for oaps and children, and this concessionary fee can be, and for quite a few clubs is, Free.

That considered, I would be extremely grateful if someone could let me know the admission fee to a league game at Bickland (1st team and combination) for a person under the age of 16. I can confidently state that to watch a Ladies game at Bickland it is £1 for adults and free for under 16's. Saturday is looming and the boy wants to watch with a few of his mates. Thanks :rolleyes:

Ooh suzie u luv stirring

shes not stirring. she asked a question because two amounts where given and no one gave her a straight answer, so she did a bit of poking around and got an answer :thumbsup: Maybe as your a big fan of falmouth you could of told her the prices for kids this sat :P :drink:

Hi Anita

I am realiably informed by people in high places at Falmouth Town that Ms Chow was told earlier this week that the admission prices would be clarified after a committee meeting which was taking place last night. What mystifies me is why she keeps pressing for an answer on here knowing full well she would get her answer yesterday evening.

She now has full range of prices which will be displayed for all future games.

P.s How did this thread get onto this topic from Falmouth Town beating Bodmin to a war on prices!!

Boring

high places at Falmouth Town??? :unsure:

surely meetings for carrying on decisions on admission charges should be carried out before the first game?

Anyway your right this is getting boring. No more said about falmouth Town from me as i will start getting my bum smacked from offended Falmouth people in high places!

Super saints you are ill informed - nobody has told me anything like that and if they have said they have they are blatantly lying !! I have done just as Anita has said and responded to comments on this thread, asked questions and found some answers for questions posed. This, after all is what the forum is for right?

Urban I have no desire or intent of bad mouthing Falmouth- you are the one who has plucked from thin air, the issue of the stand being in a bad state.

As far as I am concerned I have my answer now. Subject closed

high places at Falmouth Town??? :unsure:

surely meetings for carrying on decisions on admission charges should be carried out before the first game?

Anyway your right this is getting boring. No more said about falmouth Town from me as i will start getting my bum smacked from offended Falmouth people in high places!

DO U WATCH FALMOUTH THEN SCOT?