Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread & Table

First week this season we have a full set of 10 matches.

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please. Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 5th September

Falmouth Town Reserves (Bobby Bryant 3, Matt McIlroy) 4-0 Ludgvan

Att - 40

Helston Athletic (Neil Southall 2, Aaron Collick 2, Phil Black) 5-1 Mullion (Darren Meagor)

Att - 60

Illogan RBL (Andy Cowper) 1-0 Penzance Reserves

Att - 61

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Dave Broglino 2, Paul Hart, Matthew Potts) 4-1 St Agnes (Dan O'Toole)

Att - 35

Perranwell (Carl Paperone 2, Joe Cooper, Tom Hogarth) 4-1 Hayle Reserves (Kieran Harris)

Att - 32

Porthleven Reserves (Neil Bartlett 2, Steve Williams 2, Nick Perry) 5-2 Wendron CC United Reserves (Marcus Smith 2)

Att - 30

Portreath (Rob Penfold) 1-6 Troon (Daniel Bell 2, Richard Scott, Nicky Richards, Daniel Newman, Gary Bell)

Att - 30

RNAS Culdrose (Paul Hoskin, Stephen Hughes, Jamie Adam, Chris O'Hare, Nick Longstaff) 5-2 Holman SC (Scott Robinson, Darren Allen)

Att - 15

St Ives Town (Chris Lock) 1-0 Newquay Reserves

Att - 30

St Just (Gary Matthews, Tom Mannering, Stuart Nicholls) 3-6 St Day (Dominic Pullen 3, Perran Cooke 2, Kayne Trevaskis)

Att - 80

Illogan 1-0 Penzance

Cowper header on 76mins

Crowd 61

Illogan moaned and whinged the whole way through the game to the ref, supporters, anyone who would listen. They didn't win it, Penzance lost it with a 20 second spell of not concentrating and he nipped in and scored.

Pz took the honours 1st half and it was equal 2nd.

being fair Pz played well and didnt deserve to loose, a draw would have defo been a fair result

Ashley Thomas played well for Pz

Number 4 for Pz needs to not get injured every 15mins :P

How can u comment on other players when u have fall down daisy cowper in your side?????

being fair Pz played well and didnt deserve to loose, a draw would have defo been a fair result

Ashley Thomas played well for Pz

Number 4 for Pz needs to not get injured every 15mins :P

How can u comment on other players when u have fall down daisy cowper in your side?????

He mite fall over but as long as he scores the goals it dont matter, its the goals that count not how many times you fall over

Very disappointing performance from Newquay. After a great performance on Tuesday, Newquay were nothing like the team that beat a very strong Helston side. Credit to St Ives for their effort - they shaded the first half and could have opened the scoring after half an hour, however, the header rebounded off the crossbar to safety. After Chris Lock had bundled the ball home after a free-kick on the corner of the box, Newquay suddenly started playing, creating a host of chances that the St Ives keeper was equal too - he was outstanding today. Newquay were wasteful in front of goal and substitute Michael Rabone could and should have taken his three chances to put the game out of sight. Instead, Newquay now have to pull out the stops with a big week ahead.

Falmouth Town 4 Ludgvan 0

comfortable win for us today really, started the game having to make changes again with 2 players, one of which our goalkeeper Scoffy, being taken with the first team and also no Steve Winnan as he was ill

Kev Toy game in to help out in goal again and to be fair was rarely called into action, with any Ludgvan attacks dealt with comfortably with Matt Roberts, Jeff Till and Chris Pellow playing as a back 3

Bobby Bryant had a good hat trick, first goal a penalty, second a screamer from 20 to 25 yrds and the third a cool finish in the second half, in between his goals came a goal from Matt Mcilroy who drove in a free kick from a wide position which knowone touched and it went straight in at the far post

we could have and should have added more goals really, Chris Pellow havin a crackin 20 yard strike ruled out by the ref who had already blown for an infringement, apparently someone was stood to near the keeper again and that merited a free kick!!

Steve Owens, Mcilroy and Luke Wort all goin close late in the game, maybe a little disappointed that we didnt add to the tally but full credit to Ludgvan who stuck to tryin to play football for the entire game and gave 100% throughout and showed a great attitude, good luck to Ludgvan in there next game!

RNAS Culdrose 5 - 2 Holmans

HT 1-2

Att 15

Culdrose scorers - Paul Hoskin, Stephen Hughes, Jamie Adam, Chris O'Hare, Nick Longstaff

sorry don't know the 2 Holmans scorers

A good game to play in both sides trying to get the ball down and play it on the floor, 2nd half culdrose had much more possesion and a bit of confidence in their play and the chances and subseqent goals proved this I suppose.

Game was well reffed by a youngish lad (7/10)

Up to date table

Helston 7 6 0 1 31 8 23 18

Illogan RBL 7 6 0 1 21 5 16 18

Penryn 7 5 2 0 19 4 15 17

Troon 7 5 1 1 29 10 19 16

Falmouth 6 5 0 1 13 7 6 15

St Day 6 4 0 2 26 14 12 12

Perranwell 7 3 3 1 18 9 9 12

Newquay 6 4 0 2 16 10 6 12

Porthleven 6 4 0 2 12 13 -1 12

St Agnes 7 3 1 3 26 16 10 10

Penzance 6 3 1 2 23 18 5 10

St Just 7 3 1 3 23 20 3 10

Hayle 7 2 1 5 12 14 -2 7

St Ives 7 2 0 5 8 18 -10 6

Mullion 7 2 0 5 7 25 -18 6

RNAS Culdrose 2 1 0 1 5 3 2 3

Holman SC 6 0 0 6 6 24 -18 0

Ludgvan 5 0 0 5 3 24 -21 0

Wendron 7 0 0 7 13 35 -22 0

Portreath 6 0 0 6 2 36 -34 0

Wendron scorer Marcus Smith (2)

i think Neil Bartlett got 2 for port but not sure of the other scorers

i expect Dean Bray will give his usual write up??

nice nose Deano but those breathe stips are a bit old fashioned mate!-you looked like robbie fowler in his prime lol :clapper:

Guest holmans10

Holmans goalscorers Scott Robinson and Derren Allen.

2-1 up at halftime but depth of squad and fitness lacked.

Well played culdrose and good luck for the rest of the season. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Illogan 1-0 Penzance

Cowper header on 76mins

Crowd 61

Illogan moaned and whinged the whole way through the game to the ref, supporters, anyone who would listen. They didn't win it, Penzance lost it with a 20 second spell of not concentrating and he nipped in and scored.

Pz took the honours 1st half and it was equal 2nd.

It was an unusually moany and lethargic performance from us, and did definitely feel like we stole the points, but your very own Penzance were'nt imune from a touch of dissent, and despite alot of possession did'nt really create much!?

The visitors had some tidy players, who will definitely test the leading sides in this league so its a good 3 points!!

On the plus side for Illogan, in my opinion we've only played well in one half of football this season, against St Day, but are lying second in the table! :unsure:

These are very much my own views and opinions and not those of the Club

Falmouth Town 4 Ludgvan 0

comfortable win for us today really, started the game having to make changes again with 2 players, one of which our goalkeeper Scoffy, being taken with the first team and also no Steve Winnan as he was ill

Kev Toy game in to help out in goal again and to be fair was rarely called into action, with any Ludgvan attacks dealt with comfortably with Matt Roberts, Jeff Till and Chris Pellow playing as a back 3

Bobby Bryant had a good hat trick, first goal a penalty, second a screamer from 20 to 25 yrds and the third a cool finish in the second half, in between his goals came a goal from Matt Mcilroy who drove in a free kick from a wide position which knowone touched and it went straight in at the far post

we could have and should have added more goals really, Chris Pellow havin a crackin 20 yard strike ruled out by the ref who had already blown for an infringement, apparently someone was stood to near the keeper again and that merited a free kick!!

Steve Owens, Mcilroy and Luke Wort all goin close late in the game, maybe a little disappointed that we didnt add to the tally but full credit to Ludgvan who stuck to tryin to play football for the entire game and gave 100% throughout and showed a great attitude, good luck to Ludgvan in there next game!

Pretty fair write up on the game from Jamo. Although we did have a couple of clear cut chances during the game we never really got going today. Falmouth are a decent side and they created several chances however we did battle hard and although we had to do some last minutes ditch tackles we gave our all. The team do try to play football and are learning with each game the way that you need to use the ball, I was very pleased with their effort, especially only conceeding one after the break.

Thanks for Falmouth for the minutes silence at the beginning of the game for Mike Wilson it was appreciated. I would also like to thank Falmouth for their hospitality and good luck for the rest of the season.

Porthleven 5 Wendron 2

H/T 3-1

In all honesty, this was an awful game. Its fair to say there were few bits of real quality. From a Porthleven point of view, without doubt their worse performance of the season so far - but just lucky they were against a Wendron side, full of youngsters and players who have made the step up, who barring a few, just aren't good enough for this league.

Port took the lead after 3 minutes. Unforunately I was in the phone so missed the goal, but was told Nick Perry scored a header from a corner. After this I felt Port became complecent and sloppy, and although Wendron did not threat, Port did not keep the ball, and the game never really got going. However later in the half Port did score a second, Neil Bartlett cracking the bar from close range, but reacting quick enough to out jump the Wendron keeper for Ports second.

Wendron then pulled a goal back, while attempting to clear, a Port defender inadvertantly played the ball straight back into the path of Marcus Smith who had a simple chance to score from 8 yards or so. However, it was essentially game over on half time, Steve Williams netting straight after kick off, some quick play and link up with Bartlett finished off.

The second half was much the same as the first, Wendron looking long continuously for Smiths pace, but the back four was well swept by debutant Dan Rowe, who had an impressive game. The goals took a while in coming though, Williams getting the goal of the game with a looping lob from 25-30 yards into the top corner, before Smith got his second after Port failed to clear a corner. The fifth home goal game on the final whistle, a Harry Spraggett corner headed in by Bartlett for his second.

All in all, very dissapointing from both sides. As a former Wendron Youth and senior player its really dissapointing to see what has happened up there this season. Port, will be happy with the 3 points, but need to get back into their stride quick, and although missing a few today, need get back to previous games perforamances

Port goals: Nick Perry, Steve Williams (2) Neil Bartlett (2)

My Port MOM: Dan Rowe & Steve Williams

Ref watch: Not a fan of his, wish I knew his name (skinny with a grey beard), tends to shout at players, and doesn't like being talked to. Whilst no big decisions, he just irritated me! And I was watching!

Att: 30

Wendron scorer Marcus Smith (2)

i think Neil Bartlett got 2 for port but not sure of the other scorers

i expect Dean Bray will give his usual write up??

nice nose Deano but those breathe stips are a bit old fashioned mate!-you looked like robbie fowler in his prime lol :clapper:

Thanks Marcus, thats the nicest comment I've had yet - Hannibal Lecter had been likened to me most, more tape on my nose than tutankhamun!!!!!

illogan 1-0 penzance

not a great performance from ourselves but its 3 points in the bag! ref seemed to break the game up for every little petty thing! mousehole obviously didnt have a game cause i counted 3 if not more players! seemed like pz had 13 players at times! pz linesman was shocking but in the end he prob cost them the game as our goal was offside, justice!!

illogan 1-0 penzance

not a great performance from ourselves but its 3 points in the bag! ref seemed to break the game up for every little petty thing! mousehole obviously didnt have a game cause i counted 3 if not more players! seemed like pz had 13 players at times! pz linesman was shocking but in the end he prob cost them the game as our goal was offside, justice!!

Another win by your team and you are still slagging off anyone and everyone!! get a life and keep quiet!! just do your talking on the pitch !! Just think before you type!! But you are from near the mast so enough said really!! :c:

illogan 1-0 penzance

Never Happy

illogan 1-0 penzance

think you'l find there wernt any mousehole 1sts playing due to barries wedding!!! maybe mousehole 2nds!!! lol