Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results - 29/08/2009

penryn3rds 5-0 camborne park including teo screamers from my brother and gavin boon

penryn scorers

kev watts

james bush

gavin boon

ross bowden

joe perrin

next time camborne park a little bit of advice take your own linesman, you had a

15 year old lad doing it for you(penryn managers son) as a favour and all you did

for the first half is give him grief to the point you brought him to tears, the ball

had definantly crossed the line and you know it. shame on you. well done to dan

for carrying on doing the line for the full 90 mins.

Wendron 0 Perranporth 6 (Barry Leete 4, Luke Brown Pen, Simon Jones)

Good game with some strange Ref decisions especially for the penalty Wendron have a couple of promising youngsters but it will be a long season for them with all the upheavel at the club. Nice hospitality as always.

Full credit to young Dan Jarvis yesterday he never had to carry on doing the line for Camborne after the stick they gave him, which was out of order i may had.

Another good team performance from Penryn got to keep the ball rolling now!!!!

FIFI D

:c:

I intend doing a spring-clean of my CORNISH SOCCER site later today which will includes all the appropriate links. Have to say I've something for the Falmouth-Helston results and tables, but nothing for the Mining. Anyone got any suggestions as to where to link to keep the information up to date?

We had that at the beginning of last season, We got all the way down there, there was no-one there. Pitch was a mess, grass as long as your ankles... But that was because they couldn't raise a side aswell...

Shame eh

The Reason rangers game was called of was all down to the Pitch not being cut. Unfortunately the ground is cut under a contract with the parish council and out of the teams hands.

As for Dnagerous Daves comments about last season you must be talking about anohter side not Rangers. All are fixtures were completed last season and a part from that we didn't even play there then.

We are sorry for any problems caused but it was totally out of our hands.

bit obvious if u ask me!!

oh we probably wont get a team so lets not cut the grass and say that instead!!

takes the michael!

was not happy as was looking forward to pulling on my new smaller keepers top and the skippers armband!!!

bit unfair i think

we at tms had to fork out some money to get are own lawn mower and have to cut are own grass and if we didnt cut it ourselves then it wuld have also been about a foot long

again ares is also down to the councilv:angry2:

Rangers moved pitches this season from Heslton School to Nancegollan. Ironically in order to play on a bigger better pitch after numerous years of playing on the smaller Helston school pitches. This was to be our first home game of the season and prior to it taking place we had a meeting with grounds working group (Monday) and exspressed our concerns that the field required cutting. We were informed it would be cut, but by thur it still hadn't happened so we (Rangers)raised the issue again. On friday it still hadn't been done so we raised it yet again. By tea time on friday we had been informed it wouldn't be done so we thought it best to inform St Day the league and the referee of the situation in order that no-one would go wasting a Bank holiday weekend.

Now we are very sorry that the game was called off and we wish things could have been different, but as new tennants on a new ground are hands are tied.

FHFL 2

Carharrack 6 Rosudgeon 2

Carharrack remain unbeaten after a comfortable win against Rosdugeon in Division Two of the Falmouth Helston League. The game was action packed from the offset. The home side took the lead on the 15th minute when the visitors failed to clear the ball from the box leaving Stu Smeeth to place the ball in the back of the net. Play was fairly even throughout the first half and Rosudgeon were rewarded for their efforts by equalising on the 30th. Coming out after the interval the half time team talk worked well for the home side as striker Brenden Dennis took the lead once more shortly after kick off with a well placed kick inside the box. Not to be outdone the visitors reacted well and on the 53rd scored from a lob just by the half way line which left stand in goalkeeper Liam Bray stunned. The massive turning point in the game came when Carharrack introduced substitute Dan Ellis who’s ability to cross the ball with military precision caused the visitors to tire and unable to track back leaving space in front of goal. This in turn let Dennis score again via a header and further goals came from Richy Ward and Jason Farnsworth in the last quarter of the game.

Carharrack will look to extend unbeaten run with a win against the old enemy St Day on Wens evening.