Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 29th August

3pm kick-off

Hayle Reserves 0-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att - 30

Helston Athletic (Reg Pearson 3, Neil Southall, Craig Taylor) 5-1 Falmouth Town Reserves (Steve Owen)

Att - 69

Illogan RBL (Phil Willey 2, Jason Roberts, Andy Cowper) 4-2 St Day (Stuart Reynolds, Nathan Taylor)

Att - 65

Porthleven Reserves (Neil Bartlett, Kieth Jacka) 2-0 Holman SC

Att - 46

Portreath 0-10 Penzance Reserves (Liam Bennett 3, Ashley Thomas 2, Liam Devine, Chris Bullock, Tom Hosking, Adam Fletcher, Jimmy England)

Att - 17

St Agnes 0-3 Newquay Reserves (Luke Whelden 2, OG)

Att - 35

St Ives Town (Ross Duncan 3, Chris Lock) 4-1 Mullion (Ben Casley)

Att - 20

St Just (Stuart Nicholls) 1-1 Perranwell (Luke Kelland)

Att - 48

Wendron CC United Reserves (Ben Brightwell, Callan Gardener) 2-6 Troon (Shane Richards 3, Daniel Bell, Richard Scott, Daniel Newman)

Att - 24

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

St Agnes 0 v 3 Newquay AFC (OG, Luke Whelden 2)

No idea of crowd as too many in cars to be bothered counting, no doubt someone will advise later.

The ref lost the plot at illogan, illogan player should have seen red after a last man chalenge in the 1st half and getting nowhere near the ball.

The ref was was laughing, joking and calling the illogan players by 1st names!

they scored from a few set pieces from bad/ biased calls by the ref.

saints missed a lot of chances 1st half

St Agnes 0 - 3 Newquay

Old rivals St Agnes and Newquay fought it out in difficult conditions this afternoon and Newquay secured a fifth successive victory over their local rivals.

Matt Davis played a big part in the opener, his driven cross headed into the top corner by a St Agnes defender in the first minute. Despite lots of pressure, St Agnes could not create an opening and Newquay added a second when Lewis Burgin's cross was headed home by Luke Weldhen. Newquay added a third when David Rabone found Weldhen who rounded the 'keeper for his second.

St ives 4-1 Mullion (att:20)

St ives Goal scorers:Chris Lock 1, Ross Duncan 3

St ives played some really good football today and finally got 3 points on the board.

St ives went 1-0 down in the first 15 minutes, st ives then had a penalty saved and things worstened as st ives went down to 10 men for foul and abusive language( which was a harsh red card) the st ives player swore out of frustation as the ref blew for a free kick against him( the swearing wasnt directed towards the ref but he was shown a red anyway)

A few minutes later st ives equalised through Chris Lock and then added a second with Ross duncan grabbing his first before half time.

Second half started and St ives controlled the game and went three one up when Duncan lifted the ball over the keeper and then he grabbed his hat-rick with a brilliant finish curling the ball in to the top corner!

Great result for St Ives, game was poorley refereed though!

My M.O.M Ross Duncan!

Good luck to Mullion for the rest of the season!

Guest The Patriot

The ref lost the plot at illogan, illogan player should have seen red after a last man chalenge in the 1st half and getting nowhere near the ball.

Agree with you winston. Even Jason himself said he should of walked (but being good friends with the ref helps!) We conceeded weak goals again, Which we have done all season - and should of been 3 up before Illogan even had a shot. I think in total we missed roughly 4 one on ones. But if you dont take your chances you will not win a game. Illogan up'd their game after getting back into it and kept thier composure and we didnt. We also missed a Penalty :( Good job the league is 38 games not 5.

GOODLUCK for th rest of the season Illogan

Wendron 2 Troon 6 .Unfortunately i do not know the Wendron's scorers (HT 2-1)

Troon Scorers (Shane Richards 3 Daniel Bell, Richard Scott Daniel Newman )

Thought the ref had a really good game. Too much bad press for the guys in the middle these days, just thought i would say something positive.

Crowd count 24.

Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season.

Portreath 0- Penzance 10

Very poor Portreath side,but all credit to them they never stopped trying.At least they are fulfilling their fixtures but they will have a long hard season. :clapper::clapper::ninja:

Did you watch the full 90minutes? :D As you didn't when we put 9 past you!! :c:

I take it you lost? lol

Hayle 0-0 Penryn

Portreath 0- Penzance 10

Very poor Portreath side,but all credit to them they never stopped trying.At least they are fulfilling their fixtures but they will have a long hard season. :clapper::clapper::ninja:

Did you watch the full 90minutes? :D As you didn't when we put 9 past you!! :c:

Had an emergency that day Kempy,saw you coming with collection box. :D:P:ninja:

Your having a laugh sunshine....the ref did the best he could in such a big game, however there 2 other defenders near the incident you are on about...anyway what about capling challenge on Cowper...maybe he should have gone....didnt matter got taken off anyway.....but what I will say I was on the bench for Illogan but didnt get on but it was a good game too watch....could have been 4-4 at half time.....as for the St's missed chances what about given some credit to Barry Wyatt.....good saves & great pen save...good luck for the season fellas...but dont be bad losers....We were better than you on the day. :thumbsup:

Porthleven Reserves 2 Holmans 0

H/T 0-0

Att: 46

Goals: Neil Bartlett (55), Keith Jacka (70)

A good all round performance from Port, against a hard working Holmans side. Port, missing a few players due to injury and illness started well, and tried to play as much of a passing game as possible.

For the first half, for all our endeavour Port could not apply the final bit of quality in the final third. Port had the majority of possession, and when they got the ball out wide looked threatening - but a combination of good defending by Holmans (in particular the sweeper), and poor finishing, Port could not score. Holmans did have a chance - a goal mouth scramble bringing a top save from keeper Rob Hoare, with Matt dawson clearing the danger.

The second half continued from the first - but Port managed to muster 2 goals, the first on 55 minutes, a low left footed drive off the post from Neil Bartlett, and the second for Keith Jacka, being set up by Bartlett to beat the keeper - Jacka had worked hard all game on the right wing and fully deserved his goal.

Holmans, in truth didn't offer a lot going forward, and the Port defence looked quite solid with Graham Cook, reading the game well at centre half.

All in all, a fully deserved 3 points for Port who played some good football at times - looked a lot better at the back today, and just need to work on the final third, to take more chances. Holmans, seemed to be a very spirited side, all working for each other, and though they have not got points as yet, with the determination they have will get them some soon. A very fair game in good spirits, Holmans seemed to be a really good bunch of lads.

9 out of 12 points for Port very pleasing start to the season.

I thought the Holmans number 3 had a great game - maybe Pitty could mention his name.... and hope you agree with my thoughts mate?

My Port Man of the Match: Graham Cook (edging Keith Jacka)

Ref watch: Steve Rose - nothing too controversial - no real big decision to make. Probably 7/10.

Guest The Patriot

Your having a laugh sunshine....the ref did the best he could in such a big game, however there 2 other defenders near the incident you are on about...anyway what about capling challenge on Cowper...maybe he should have gone....didnt matter got taken off anyway.....but what I will say I was on the bench for Illogan but didnt get on but it was a good game too watch....could have been 4-4 at half time.....as for the St's missed chances what about given some credit to Barry Wyatt.....good saves & great pen save...good luck for the season fellas...but dont be bad losers....We were better than you on the day. :thumbsup:

Not a bad loser at all we were poor and Illogan battled on and gave us what we deserved.

Goodluck again

Well palyed to Helston, totally dominated from start to finish! Think we got lucky to only concede 5. Such a shame as we have had a good start to the season with plenty of "umph" in our play that just wasnt there today. Heads up and put it right on Tueday!!

Ref today was superb again, wish we could have him every week! Where he needed to be every time a decision needed making and does this crazy thing and lets people talk to him! Such a pleasant change! Apologies as I dont know his name

As for the ref calling players by 1st name, whats wrong with that exactly? If he knows a name why not use it!?

Not a bad loser at all we were poor and Illogan battled on and gave us what we deserved.

Goodluck again

Wasnt meant to be rant but but the ref didnt cost you the game, seems the ref get the brunt of it when things dont go your way but thats the way it is......

Guest newbie

I also saw this game and it came down to the simple fact st day never took their chances in the first half and illogan did in the second!! good game that was a tale of one team could finish and the other didnt! however i must comment on the fact that the big ginger guy upfront screamed like a girl whenever he was breathed on never mind tackled!! both teams have some very handy players and will be there or there abouts come the end of the season!

Horrible to see the Portreath/Penzance result. Penzance dude who said about them having a long hard season, Just remember the result you had a few weeks ago, as Kempy reminded you ;) It wasnt your day obviously, Today Port knew what that day felt like!

Portreath have done well just to get players to be able to turn up and play! It's common knowledge that virtually every player from last years 1st team have moved on. I remember Portreath were going to fold only 3 weeks ago so a big credit to the lads, who although results certainly haven't gone there way, they have battled through! Perranwell 2-0, Falmouth 2-1, Newquay 4-0 and then todays shocker.. It shows that the Portreath lads just had an off day to lose 10-0! Few players from the Falmouth and Newquay games missing today but there's nothing that can be done!

I dont even know why Im writing this on here, I just feel sorry for the lads because they've been thrown together to create a team and are trying their best! Results will come once you find your feet!

Keep your heads up!!

Guest Postie Pidge

The ref for the Helston vs Falmouth game was Paul Windle. Top guy as well, even agreeing to referee Halsetown vs Mpad later despite having games yesterday, Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

The ref for the Helston vs Falmouth game was Paul Windle. Top guy as well, even agreeing to referee Halsetown vs Mpad later despite having games yesterday, Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

Paul is by far the best referee in the county at this moment in time,talks to players listens to players but you know whos in charge, enough said. Top Man :thumbsup:

Against Portreath, Pz played 3-5-2 and with probably our strongest line-up at the back not many would have scored against us no matter who we were playing.

Liam Bennett and Ashley Thomas were outstanding with their work rate and unfortunately the Portreath keeper had one of those games that come along once in a while that nothing seems to go right and every mistake is pounced on.

Portreath never gave up the whole game. They knew they were getting a hiding but there was no rough stuff, bad language (that came from Pz moaning to each other every time they missed), and what is most encouraging they never gave up trying. They even had their best chances at the end of the match to score.

The game was well reffed by John Reid.

It's a pitty that the people of Portreath and Redruth don't get behind the team and support the lads. A crowd of 17 just before half-time and 10 of those supporting Penzance.

Illogan v St Day

Decent crowd, and I thought an entertaining match well refereed by the official! He explained his decisions well, and never lost his cool despite, at times being under extreme pressure!

The visitors played off Domo alot during the 1st half, and it definitely worked but they failed to capitalise on some excellent opportunities created, and with only Stuart Reynolds early goal to show for their dominance, in injury time the impressive Phil Willey equalised for Illogan!

The home team were much the better side in the second half, and deservedly scored 3 further goals before substitute Nathan Taylor pulled one back for St Day!

I thought Luke Abbott-Smith and Stuart Peters performed well for Illogan and Perran Cooke always looked dangerous for the Saints but man of the match would surely have been between Jason Roberts and Matt Calloway who were excellent at the back for Illogan!

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

I have never really been a bad loser and I never moan about referees but the ref at the Illogan vs St Day match was extremely poor. The rules state that the last man should be sent off during an attacking play but he was only booked. His decisions got people confused and the 5 minutes of added on time in the 1st half was a shock to everyone. That decision changed the course of the whole game. The Illogan team played well and I wish them the best but no-one can say we didnt deserve a draw at least after the 1st halfs performance!Lets makesure we get back on track away to St Just.

I have never really been a bad loser and I never moan about referees but the ref at the Illogan vs St Day match was extremely poor. The rules state that the last man should be sent off during an attacking play but he was only booked. His decisions got people confused and the 5 minutes of added on time in the 1st half was a shock to everyone. That decision changed the course of the whole game. The Illogan team played well and I wish them the best but no-one can say we didnt deserve a draw at least after the 1st halfs performance!Lets makesure we get back on track away to St Just.

There are no rules in football! as i was told many a year ago by some lino during a cup match away at Liskeard, it is law lol

And every game we have drawn we should have won!

We had a goal disallowed in 2 but yesterday St Just had 1 disallowed, swings and i would say. :rolleyes:

It's only a game!! and St Just are at Troon on tuesday so you have no game then?

Paul is by far the best referee in the county at this moment in time,talks to players listens to players but you know whos in charge, enough said. Top Man :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree with the above, referreed us this season against Hayle and was brilliant - as a captain, its always good to have someone to talk to, and someone who will talk to you! :thumbsup:

He was the same for both sides mate.....and Robbo wasnt the last man, yes it was a foul but there was cover and it aint as though he was inside the box......as for a draw being a fair result...at half time maybe but not after the 90... you were chasing shadows at times in the 2nd half....You had a decent game as did A.Bucks in goal... good luck for the rest of the season & I will look for your results with interest but I predict top six & a decent cup run..... :thumbsup:

come on illogan!! sounds as if st day are bad losers! money cant buy everything!

i agree with you,money cant buy loyalties just proves theres alot of heart and good players at Illogan who dont need a brown letter full of money to kick about a ball...ILLOGAN FOR THE WIN!

:smiley20:

I agree with you all it was a very entertaining game on Saturday. Had a long chat with Steve Rosc and I think we were in agrreement that a draw would have been a fair result come the end and the words from his own mouth were game should have been over in the first 20 minutes. Luke the ref didnt have his best game and knowing him as a ref he will probably admit that as we all know he is a good fella.

Jason should have been sent off as Stu was through on goal and if not brought down would have been 1 0n 1 with the keeper. Before we rant and rave about that what would the Illogan bench have been saying if it was the other way around...

Illogan had the better of the 2nd half but we still missed a penalty and hit the post. It was a great battle and I wasimpressedwith the effort from both sides.

Top 6 would be an achievement for St Day this season as we have had to completely rebuild a side the hype around us is all rubbish we would love to win things but its a rebuilding season.

As for money dont buy everything sometimes thats wrong. It has for last 2 seasons and did when Illogan last won the combination league.xxxx

I agree with you all it was a very entertaining game on Saturday. Had a long chat with Steve Rosc and I think we were in agrreement that a draw would have been a fair result come the end and the words from his own mouth were game should have been over in the first 20 minutes. Luke the ref didnt have his best game and knowing him as a ref he will probably admit that as we all know he is a good fella.

Jason should have been sent off as Stu was through on goal and if not brought down would have been 1 0n 1 with the keeper. Before we rant and rave about that what would the Illogan bench have been saying if it was the other way around...

Illogan had the better of the 2nd half but we still missed a penalty and hit the post. It was a great battle and I wasimpressedwith the effort from both sides.

Top 6 would be an achievement for St Day this season as we have had to completely rebuild a side the hype around us is all rubbish we would love to win things but its a rebuilding season.

As for money dont buy everything sometimes thats wrong. It has for last 2 seasons and did when Illogan last won the combination league.xxxx

boring

barrie wyatt made a string of quality saves and i wreckon he won the game for them!

having only played for the last 5 or so minutes u would know that, the other 10 werent bad second half for illogan though, just a small point i must make otherwise i havent moaned today, god forbid Steve wont come on and say nothing about the result as a whole but it must of pleased him to be turned down for the job (through not having any money) ,not experience,and then producing that result HATS off to Steven gentleman :lol: Needless to say agree with u si game could and should of been over first 15 20 mins illogan at the back except simon ellis(bloody hell that was painful) were atrocius, second half JR quality & my old mate Callie mustard (gooday matey hows sheila)anyway 3pts Illogan job done :clapper:

BORING!!!! :angry: We won the league without anyone being paid by the club Winno as has been the case in the 12 seasons ive been here but hey when a side is successful someone has to find some way of running them down. :glare:

So the same people that have been slagging me old m8 Mr Caddy off for taking his money men from Illogan to Holmans and now onto Perranwell are now saying that those same players including Rodney Gregory were getting nothing at all at Illogan. Bearing in mind I have talked to most of you about this. Perhaps you just didnt know it was happening.

Lets not let this get in the way of the season ahead. I would just like to mention Barry Wyatts contribution to the game yesterday he won the game for Illogan in my eyes with one of those games keepers have sometimes well done Barry. I think even Roscoe pointed that out to his own players.

Illogan will be up there for sure they are a tidy side indeed but long long way to go.

Lets not forget the mighty Helston unbeated after 5 games well done to them!!!!!!!!

:clapper::drink:

U owe me a pint robbo u hacker.....xxxxxxxx

We are also not bad losers we seem good at it as we threw that 1 away on sat....xxxxxxxxx

So the same people that have been slagging me old m8 Mr Caddy off for taking his money men from Illogan to Holmans and now onto Perranwell are now saying that those same players including Rodney Gregory were getting nothing at all at Illogan. Bearing in mind I have talked to most of you about this. Perhaps you just didnt know it was happening.

Lets not let this get in the way of the season ahead. I would just like to mention Barry Wyatts contribution to the game yesterday he won the game for Illogan in my eyes with one of those games keepers have sometimes well done Barry. I think even Roscoe pointed that out to his own players.

Illogan will be up there for sure they are a tidy side indeed but long long way to go.

Lets not forget the mighty Helston unbeated after 5 games well done to them!!!!!!!!

:clapper::drink:

U owe me a pint robbo u hacker.....xxxxxxxx

We are also not bad losers we seem good at it as we threw that 1 away on sat....xxxxxxxxx

Money at Perranwell ? come on now your having a laugh!!

baggie,if i remember over the last few years you have always blamed the ref for this and that,funny when its on the other foot. :smiley20: