Cornwall Football Forum

Pre season friendly

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Truro City vs Falmouth Town

at Treyew Road

Tuesday 4th August 2009

7.30 kick off

Truro 's SWPL Div 1 West or Sickly Drink League side ?

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed that some Anti Truro supporters moaning about the price to watch Truro.

I understand the prices for the game against Falmouth on Monday,are £5:00 for Adults and £4:00 for OAP's,

very resonable I thought,but I suppose there will still be people moaning unless they get in for nothing.

Good attendance predicted,if the weather is good.

Noticed that some Anti Truro supporters moaning about the price to watch Truro.

I understand the prices for the game against Falmouth on Monday,are £5:00 for Adults and £4:00 for OAP's,

very resonable I thought,but I suppose there will still be people moaning unless they get in for nothing.

Good attendance predicted,if the weather is good.

I HAVE CRITICISED this on another thread, I suspect there may be changes that could affect Truro City's future pricing policy, that doesn't make me an Anti Truro supporter.

This game should be recognised for what it is, A PRACTICE GAME between two clubs competing 3 levels apart, with the home team from Pyramid level 3 and the away side from level 6, it is hardly compelling action. I think the game is being over hyped.

Come on Mountaineer,you ol' skinflint,dont be so tight.

This is Falmouth's Cup Final,what can you get these days for a fiver.Not a lot.

I have spoken to a few Truro supporters,locally,and the general feeling,is a fair price.

Big crowd ,for sure.

My prediction,[weather permitting]between 700-1000.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have spoken to a few Truro supporters,locally,and the general feeling,is a fair price.

Big crowd ,for sure.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Call me a skinflint if you like BUT CHANGE YOUR MIND when the prices go 'tits up' via

the NEW "non footballing business enterprise" put in charge of non team matters.

They are already testing the water with their attack on CONCESSIONS and that is only a friendly game.

Screwing families by charging kids more will drive fans AWAY when they should be doing the opposite, a pound or so lost on the gate. is more than made up with what is spent on the kids at the game, replica kits etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Big crowd ,for sure.

Call me a skinflint if you like BUT CHANGE YOUR MIND when the prices go 'tits up' via

the NEW "non footballing business enterprise" put in charge of non team matters.

They are already testing the water with their attack on CONCESSIONS and that is only a friendly game.

Screwing families by charging kids more will drive fans AWAY when they should be doing the opposite, a pound or so lost on the gate. is more than made up with what is spent on the kids at the game, replica kits etc.

OH DEAR I TOLD YOU SO :SM_carton:

Adults £10.00

Senior Citizens/early birds (90mins BEFORE kick off) £7.50

Under 16's £5.00

:SM_carton: Definately NOT family friendly :SM_carton:

Big crowd ,for sure.

Adults £10.00

Under 16's £5.00

You called it correctly. £10 for adults is fine for the standard of football on offer, but the kids charges are what balls' it up. OAP's arent treated to kindly either.

Big crowd ,for sure.

Adults £10.00

Under 16's £5.00

You called it correctly. £10 for adults is fine for the standard of football on offer, but the kids charges are what balls' it up. OAP's arent treated to kindly either.

The percentage increases are:

Adult - 20% (£8.00 to 10.00)

OAP's - 87.5% (£4.00 to £7.50)

Juniors - 150% (£2.00 to £5.00)

I will apologise if I am wrong but I am sure kids paid £2.00 last season.

Thats the first time I have seen the prices for the new season.

£10 Adults is very much what I expected,and for that grade of football,is fair enough.

I think most clubs in this League will be the same.

The £7.50 for OAP's is steep,my dad is a regular at Treyew Rd, and he was suggesting he would be

paying £6.00,so he wont be happy,but I think he was going to get a season ticket.

£5.00 for kids,Hmmmmmm, dont know about that.

I would like to know season ticket pricing for Truro this season ,and what other Clubs are charging in this

League.?

Do you think these prices will affect attendence.?

Will the loyal support of 400-500 dwindle.?

If Truro stay amongst the front runners,until the end of season.I think the answer is no.

We will have to wait and see.

Rip-off time for season ticket holders at Truro, don't you just love it ANOTHER CLANGER. :clapper:

Early birds get in for £7:50 per league match.

Err buy a season ticket early before August and pay £180. 21 league home games so that equals equals £8:57 per match.

Ask for a refund season ticket holders!!!!

Go early and spend the £1.07 you will save on an over-priced coke at the refurbished bar. :smiley20:

cornishteddyboy, there is an added bonus of getting in FREE for Reserve and 3rd team games PLUS a seat in the Treyew Road side stand.

Mind you after watching ZAMARETTO League football the standard of football you watch may not be attractive to those enjoying the finer points of the beautiful game.

I'm still surprised the new PR/Law firm havn't come out with the no win no fee ticket. Pay on the way out if Truro win

Somersetspur here are some admission prices that should encourage the NEW COMMERCIAL set up to rethink their PRICING POLICY.

BANBURY Adult £8 - OAPs £4 - Kids £1 when with an adult.

BASHLEY Adults £8 - OAP £6 with a complimentary stand seat - Student with card £6 - Kids £2

BEDFORD Adult £9 - OAP £6 - Under 13s £2 when with an adult.

CAMBRIDGE CITY Adult £10 - OAPs & Students £5 - 12-16year olds £3 - Under 12 FREE

DIDCOT Adult £8 - OAP £4 - Under 16s £2

FARNBOROUGH Adult £10 - OAP £7 - 12-16 year olds £3 - Under 12s £1

HEDNESFORD Adult £8 - Concessions £5 No mention of Kids.

LEAMINGTON Adult £8 - OAP £5 - Under 16s £3 - Under 12s FREE - Leamington under 16 youth players FREE.

NUNEATON Adult 9 - OAPs £6 - 12-16s £6 - Under 12s £2

RUGBY Adult £8 - OAP £4 - Under 16s £4

STOURBRIDGE Adult £8 - OAP £4 - Under 16s £3 - Under 11s FREE when with an adult.

SWINDON SUPERMARINE Adult £8 - concessions £4 - Under 11s £1 - Under 6s FREE.

TIVERTON TOWN Adult £8 - Concessions £5.50 - Child £1 - Players from Tiverton youth teams FREE.

TRURO CITY Adult £10 - Seniors/Early Bird* £7.50 - Under 16s £5 -

*TRURO CITY EARLY BIRD - Adults getting to the ground AT LEAST 90 minutes before kick off.

Dave you will understand why I posted what I did prior to the FALMOUTH FRIENDLY, my words are coming true, all the good work done building a healthier fan-base could disappear with poor management off the pitch, the man in the street cannot weather the financial storm, they have to cut out their treats, football being one of the first to suffer. Wealthy business people have the say at most football clubs, I have seen it elsewhere when prices have risen and the fans stay away in their droves, Truro City cannot afford that to happen with a meagre 500 fan-base.

The clubs above are the only ones mentioning their prices on the websites at this time, you will see TRURO CITY are the most expensive Zamaretto club to follow, whilst looking I couldn't see any dearer season tickets than TRURO CITY'S.

Some clubs issue FAMILY TICKETS.

F.A Rules allows clubs to charge away supporters the same prices as those away clubs charge at home therefore as an example, when truro play Didcot the Didcot fans could pay £8 Adult and Truro fans £10, Didcot's OAPs could pay £4 and Truro's £7.50 - Didcot's under 16s could be asked to pay £2 whereas Truro's charged £5. I have seen some forums where fans have indicated that could happen with some clubs, NOT I MUST ADD was it any Didcot fans, I only used Didcot as an example.

SORRY DAVE this old skinflint rambles on.

Mountaineer that makes interesting reading. I was planning on taking in probably half of TCFC's home games this year but Im seriously rethinking that plan. I usually bring my two boys along but Im not sure I can justify it in the current economic climate. It may sound tight, but like most people my business isnt exactly flying when compared to a couple of years ago, so I have to be more selective.

Mountaineer that makes interesting reading. I was planning on taking in probably half of TCFC's home games this year but Im seriously rethinking that plan. I usually bring my two boys along but Im not sure I can justify it in the current economic climate. It may sound tight, but like most people my business isnt exactly flying when compared to a couple of years ago, so I have to be more selective.

Stick with the cheap and cheerful SWPL mate, better banter for a start and no risk of copyright infringement by a law/PR firm when you video games.

cornishteddyboy, there is an added bonus of getting in FREE for Reserve and 3rd team games PLUS a seat in the Treyew Road side stand.

Mind you after watching ZAMARETTO League football the standard of football you watch may not be attractive to those enjoying the finer points of the beautiful game.

now sure how much reserve team games are, probably £4, but third team games would be free anyway, cos they wouldn't be allowed to charge to watch them surely.

I hope my postings don't drive anyone away but the powers that be need to think again and join the REAL FAMILY WORLD for some, times are hard.

We all accept costs rise with promotion but the huge percentage price rise this time does appear to be OTT.

Forum postings on the Non League ZAMARETTO Premier League forum are calling for fans to boycott visiting Farnborough over their prices despite their ongoing modernisation of their ground, with Farnborough's prices being less than Truro's, I expect there will be some complaints about the temporary stands facilities Treyew Road has to offer.

Stick with the cheap and cheerful SWPL mate, better banter for a start and no risk of copyright infringement by a law/PR firm when you video games.

Cheap and Cheerful JUDGE?

You're always finding things to moan about. :lol: