Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures Monday 7th May

Premier Division

Pensilva v St Blazey (Pensilva walkover)

Plymouth Parkway 3 Saltash United 1

Division One 

Lakeside 2 Wadebridge Town 2

Morwenstow 3 Elburton Villa 2 

Roche 5 St Teath 2

St Minver 2 Millbrook 3 

What a club Parkway Reserves are ??? play players from Tiverton, Parkway 1st’s, Mount Gould & eventually They can say they’ve finally beaten Saltash Reserves , congratulations of making this league a mockery. Andy Notman celebrating like its his own team is up there with highlights of season ?? well played Glynn Hobbs and Levi Landricombe stepping in for Notman ??? EMBARRASSING. 

They did nothing wrong by the letter of the LAW: however,oh so terribly wrong by the SPIRIT of the game.I can only assume that Hobbs & co were well rewarded

for their efforts.One has to hope that they will do likewise against Torpoint to balance things out so to speak.Sadly this is perpetrated in all Leagues;and until the FA

bring in  a rule "one player one club" this is always going to happen.

Machiavelli springs to mind!

3 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

They did nothing wrong by the letter of the LAW: however,oh so terribly wrong by the SPIRIT of the game.I can only assume that Hobbs & co were well rewarded

for their efforts.One has to hope that they will do likewise against Torpoint to balance things out so to speak.Sadly this is perpetrated in all Leagues;and until the FA

bring in  a rule "one player one club" this is always going to happen.

Machiavelli springs to mind!

Hobbs is parkway-but the ‘co’ as you put it agree. One player one club. 

Players from 4 different sides tonight, what do they achieve little bit of money? ? no disrespect to Launceston Reserves at all great club, but Parkway “ Reserves “ put out just there normal side no others and lose 2-0 , it’s just really embarrassing a club can do that. Never mind ?

Really proud of Saltash tonight, pushed Parkway until the last 10 mins. We’ve played them 3 times this year and played 3 very different teams. Like someone said , not breaking any rules but it doesn’t feel right. In the semi final most at least were Parkway players, tonight however 2  from Tiverton.This makes a massive difference. Not sure what can be done to stop it, maybe nothing. 

3 hours ago, Haveyouheard said:

You could understand if they had something to play for, imagine being part of parkway reserves all season then getting told your not needed

Or imagine if the choice was bring players in or not have a team - Argyle getting plenty of stick for pulling out of games. Didn't see last night's game but watched the cup semi final between the two teams. Saltash Reserves are a very good side indeed - probably give their first team a great run for their money. 

14 minutes ago, El Nino said:

Or imagine if the choice was bring players in or not have a team - Argyle getting plenty of stick for pulling out of games. Didn't see last night's game but watched the cup semi final between the two teams. Saltash Reserves are a very good side indeed - probably give their first team a great run for their money. 

Absolute farce bringing players from Tivvy, as a club you must be really proud with last nights result right?

29 minutes ago, El Nino said:

From all accounts a whole new team was brought in to play not just one or two who couldn’t make it. So your saying on a bank holiday Monday you couldn’t get a team together from the reserves? I can understand not wanting to forfeit games like some clubs do. 

3 minutes ago, karaoke said:

Why? its called forward planning ! 

Ok , so when Saltash Reserves played your “ Reserves “ couple weeks ago in the semi - final which was pretty much all your first team were they planning them aswell for next season, then the same thing last night against the same team sounds pretty fishy to me, it’s almost like the club don’t have any faith in there Reserves vs teams that are better than them so Parkway panic and chuck cash in the air as the answer to beat Reserve teams , pretty sad if you ask me but seriously congrats on winning last night must of Ment a lot ???

2 hours ago, cornishyaya said:

Levi on £100 a goal last night and £120 for turning up.. and they still won't win  all! ?

Levi and Mike love Parkway....come to every game they can as spectators. Reckon they played to wear the shirt once more.

16 minutes ago, El Nino said:

So bitter, so twisted...it's a game of football. You lost...we won...no rules were broken, it's life.... grow up

You won well done but your club are an embarrassment to the league & I speak for many teams not just Saltash 

Somes up Parkway! 

Parkway 2nds giving it the big one in a Mickey Mouse Div 1 last year how great they are and went all season unbeaten.

said they would be fighting it out at the top of league in the premier.

guess what after 5 games realised league a lot harder and all they players off to P&d div1 SB Frankfort.

even golden child Elliot Cunningham couldn't be assed anymore failing to turn up for semi final.

there is no praise/pleasure beating other teams with a team of ringers! EMBARRASSING 

1 hour ago, Unknown20 said:

Ok , so when Saltash Reserves played your “ Reserves “ couple weeks ago in the semi - final which was pretty much all your first team were they planning them aswell for next season, then the same thing last night against the same team sounds pretty fishy to me, it’s almost like the club don’t have any faith in there Reserves vs teams that are better than them so Parkway panic and chuck cash in the air as the answer to beat Reserve teams , pretty sad if you ask me but seriously congrats on winning last night must of Ment a lot ???

Sorry its not my team (your reserves ) and I have absolutely nothing to do with Parkway, I was just making an observation and making a comment on the forum which I thought people were allowed to do.

1 hour ago, El Nino said:

So bitter, so twisted...it's a game of football. You lost...we won...no rules were broken, it's life.... grow up

No rules correct.. but morally disgusting. Do the lads you drag in from other swpl teams love parkway and watch all their games too? I would say they love a bit of cash more ?

1 hour ago, AL Capone said:

Somes up Parkway! 

Parkway 2nds giving it the big one in a Mickey Mouse Div 1 last year how great they are and went all season unbeaten.

said they would be fighting it out at the top of league in the premier.

guess what after 5 games realised league a lot harder and all they players off to P&d div1 SB Frankfort.

even golden child Elliot Cunningham couldn't be assed anymore failing to turn up for semi final.

there is no praise/pleasure beating other teams with a team of ringers! EMBARRASSING 

Probably because moneybags SB Frankfort offered more than we could afford!!

5 minutes ago, El Nino said:

Probably because moneybags SB Frankfort offered more than we could afford!!

Why you even paying money in ECPL anyway that’s embarrassing alone ??? If you offered no money last night do you think all the ringers would of played , EMBARRASING CLUB 

Just now, Unknown20 said:

Why you even paying money in ECPL anyway that’s embarrassing alone ??? If you offered no money last night do you think all the ringers would of played , EMBARRASING CLUB 

Who said we were....and they did!!

There seems to be a lot of talk and accusations flying around on here so as manager of the reserve side - i will do my best to clear some of these matters up.

Firstly, If Saltash United are offended from yesterdays result then I apologise, however it was a game of football.  11 v 11 - there wasnt a single complaint or word said before the game.  Nor was there just after half time when Saltash went 0-1 up against us. 

The honest truth regarding yesterday - at 2pm I sent a message to the league stating I couldnt field a team.  The reason for this was - player unavailability, injuries and as our season was due to end at the end of April, 3 have actually gone on holiday - they left after Saturday's game (of which, for the record, we struggled to field a side as well).  The league responded stating how many players we had signed on and to do our best to get players in.

At the start of the season, the club indicated that the direction of the reserves was to change from last year, and that we were to act as a vechicle for youth players to gain experience, and for whomever the first team manager deemed needed game time or wanted to play.  It has been discussed several times over the season that was the role of the reserves.  As such we then carried a small number of players that were there to play most weeks but understood the role of the team.  If other clubs decide that their reserve team is to operate differently, then that is their perogative, as it is Plymouth Parkway's to also do so, as long as it is within the rules.  At times this season We have had 7-8 first team players in.  at times this season we have fielded a team of under 21's.  I appreciate this is a competitive league for most - however also for most, there is no promotion, therefore we are not stopping anyones progression.  Thus slightly different when being compared to Plymouth Argyle's reserve side.

Back to yesterday.  I sent messages out to players in the reserve team group, first team group and coaches group.  One of the "Tiverton" players you speak of is also a youth team coach at Parkway and he said "i'll play". From the first team we had 1 reply.  Our team also consisted of 36 year old Academy coach who was playing his last home game for the club, 2 17 year olds and another handful of reserve team players.

There was no intention originally to field a "strong team" it genuinely just panned out that way.

To clear up a few other points:

"they got payed" firstly it's spelt Paid. and no they didnt.  No reserve games have had a budget this season.  No one has been 'paid'.

"Machiavelli springs to mind!" - Why - what have we done devious?  We have used players at our disposal.

Will they do the same against Torpoint - we beat Torpoint back in the Winter - we played 3 First team players then.  They didn't moan.  They actually said "we do it to other teams so fair enough. 

"Levi on £100 a goal last night and £120 for turning up" £420 for last night then. - Where did you get that from?  Absolutely not true.  Didn't get a penny.

"Congratulations of making this league a mockery." If you do not like or agree with the league rules I believe you have an opportunity to suggest a league rule change, find a seconder and it will get voted on at the AGM.  I, unfortunately do not make the rules.

"Andy Notman celebrating like its his own team is up there with highlights of season" I can't remember celebrating through the abuse I was being given from the management team and players.  However, It is common knowledge that last night was my last home game in charge so I was happy to sign off with a win.

"imagine being part of parkway reserves all season then getting told your not needed" Anyone from the reserves that was available played.  Happy to add you in the group chat to clarify if you like?

"even golden child Elliot Cunningham couldn't be assed anymore failing to turn up for semi final." Can't argue that - Most frustrating player I have ever managed.

" guess what after 5 games realised league a lot harder and all they players fuck off to P&d div1 SB Frankfort. " Only 1 player went to them and that was pre-season.

" Parkway 2nds giving it the big one in a Mickey Mouse Div 1 last year how great they are and went all season unbeaten." Read back through the 2016 forum, we never wanted to be in division 1 - we asked to be in the Premier - the member clubs voted we went into division 1.

I think that's probably all that needs to be said.

Whomever is commenting on behalf of Parkway, please don't.  I shall not be replying again.  I have said the points above with honesty.  We have 1 game left, next Thursday, and that's us done for the season.

Saltash - Good luck for the rest of the season, including your cup final.

Cheers,

2 hours ago, El Nino said:

All the ringers? And you know this how? You're probably one of those who said we were paying Hobbsy £500 a game. Anyway, I'm out of here - Western League next season!! ?

What an embarrassing club ?

2 hours ago, Devon29 said:

There seems to be a lot of talk and accusations flying around on here so as manager of the reserve side - i will do my best to clear some of these matters up.

Firstly, If Saltash United are offended from yesterdays result then I apologise, however it was a game of football.  11 v 11 - there wasnt a single complaint or word said before the game.  Nor was there just after half time when Saltash went 0-1 up against us. 

The honest truth regarding yesterday - at 2pm I sent a message to the league stating I couldnt field a team.  The reason for this was - player unavailability, injuries and as our season was due to end at the end of April, 3 have actually gone on holiday - they left after Saturday's game (of which, for the record, we struggled to field a side as well).  The league responded stating how many players we had signed on and to do our best to get players in.

At the start of the season, the club indicated that the direction of the reserves was to change from last year, and that we were to act as a vechicle for youth players to gain experience, and for whomever the first team manager deemed needed game time or wanted to play.  It has been discussed several times over the season that was the role of the reserves.  As such we then carried a small number of players that were there to play most weekes but understood the role of the team.  If other clubs decide that their reserve team is to operate differently, then that is their perogative, as it is Plymouth Parkway's to also do so, as long as it is within the rules.  At times this season We have had 7-8 first team players in.  at times this season we have fielded a team of under 21's.  I appreciate this is a competitive league for most - however also for most, there is no promotion, therefore we are not stopping anyones progression.

Back to yesterday.  I sent messages out to players in the reserve team group, first team group and coaches group.  OIne of the "Tiverton" players you speak of is also a youth team coach at Parkway and he said "i'll play". From the first team we had 1 reply.  Our team also consisted of 36 year old Academy coach who was playing his last home game for the club, 2 17 year olds and another handful of reserve team players.

There was no intention originally to field a "strong team" it genuinely just panned out that way.

"they got payed" firstly it's spelt Paid. and no they didnt.  No reserve games have had a budget this season.  No one has been 'paid'.

"Machiavelli springs to mind!" - Why - what have we done devious?  We have used players at our disposal.

Will they do the same against Torpoint - we beat Torpoint back in the Winter - we played 3 First team players then.  They didn't moan.  They actually said "we do it to other teams so fair enough. 

"Levi on £100 a goal last night and £120 for turning up" £420 for last night then. - Where did you get that from?  Absolutely not true.  Didn't get a penny.

"Congratulations of making this league a mockery." If you do not like or agree with the league rules I believe you have an opportunity to suggest a league rule change, find a seconder and it will get voted on at the AGM.  I, unfortunately do not make the rules.

"Andy Notman celebrating like its his own team is up there with highlights of season" I can't remember celebrating through the abuse I was being given from the management team and players.  However, It is common knowledge that last night was my last home game in charge so I was happy to sign off with a win.

"imagine being part of parkway reserves all season then getting told your not needed" Anyone from the reserves that was available played.  Happy to add you in the group chat to clarify if you like?

"even golden child Elliot Cunningham couldn't be assed anymore failing to turn up for semi final." Can't argue that - Most frustrating player I have ever managed.

" guess what after 5 games realised league a lot harder and all they players off to P&d div1 SB Frankfort. " Only 1 player went to them and that was pre-season.

" Parkway 2nds giving it the big one in a Mickey Mouse Div 1 last year how great they are and went all season unbeaten." Read back through the 2016 forum, we never wanted to be in division 1 - we asked to be in the Premier - the member clubs voted we went into division 1.

Whomever is commenting on behalf of Parkway, please don't.  I shall not be replying again.  I have said the points above with honesty.  We have 1 game left, next Thursday, and that's us done for the season.

Cheers,

???

On 08/05/2018 at 13:08, Devon29 said:

At the start of the season, the club indicated that the direction of the reserves was to change from last year, and that we were to act as a vechicle for youth players to gain experience, and for whomever the first team manager deemed needed game time or wanted to play.  It has been discussed several times over the season that was the role of the reserves.  As such we then carried a small number of players that were there to play most weeks but understood the role of the team.  If other clubs decide that their reserve team is to operate differently, then that is their perogative, as it is Plymouth Parkway's to also do so, as long as it is within the rules.  At times this season We have had 7-8 first team players in.  at times this season we have fielded a team of under 21's.  I appreciate this is a competitive league for most - however also for most, there is no promotion, therefore we are not stopping anyones progression.  Thus slightly different when being compared to Plymouth Argyle's reserve side.

Back to yesterday.  I sent messages out to players in the reserve team group, first team group and coaches group.  One of the "Tiverton" players you speak of is also a youth team coach at Parkway and he said "i'll play". From the first team we had 1 reply.  Our team also consisted of 36 year old Academy coach who was playing his last home game for the club, 2 17 year olds and another handful of reserve team players.

" guess what after 5 games realised league a lot harder and all they players fuck off to P&d div1 SB Frankfort. " Only 1 player went to them and that was pre-season.

Cheers,

And that sums you and the club your represent up.  Mouthed off at the start of the season before a ball was kicked that you would win it too. 

why isnt the Parkway v Saltash match showing on the FA full time site? 

On 07/05/2018 at 21:30, Unknown20 said:

What a club Parkway Reserves are ??? play players from Tiverton, Parkway 1st’s, Mount Gould & eventually They can say they’ve finally beaten Saltash Reserves , congratulations of making this league a mockery. Andy Notman celebrating like its his own team is up there with highlights of season ?? well played Glynn Hobbs and Levi Landricombe stepping in for Notman ??? EMBARRASSING. 

clubs can do this by the letter of the law. Parkway played  a few 1st teamers against Torpoint but didnt see a huge write up on it, its an interesting debate but clubs that have a 1st team do have that choice. Saltash could have put some first teamers in if they thought that this may happen or stuck to the original squad and play the season as 1 team which is commendable if this is the case.

Do feel for clubs like Polperro that had this happen to them also (and had a few things to say about it) but again the only thing broken is the spirit of the game

44 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

clubs can do this by the letter of the law. Parkway played  a few 1st teamers against Torpoint but didnt see a huge write up on it, its an interesting debate but clubs that have a 1st team do have that choice. Saltash could have put some first teamers in if they thought that this may happen or stuck to the original squad and play the season as 1 team which is commendable if this is the case.

Do feel for clubs like Polperro that had this happen to them also (and had a few things to say about it) but again the only thing broken is the spirit of the game

44 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

Tiverton aren’t Parkway or Mount Gould or Ivybridge so the rule is a load of rubbish if you ask me. Parkway have abused the loophole , let’s move on Parkway & Notman are embarrasing .