Budleigh Salterton     3,    Torridgeside   2              

Honiton Town    4,     St Martins   7

DIVISION ONE WEST

Holsworthy    0,    St Dennis   2   

Mousehole    2,    Ludgvan   0                                      

Penzance    4,     Illogan RBL   2   

Plymstock United    0,    Millbrook    2      

Porthleven    5,    Wendron United   1     

Midweek away trip to Exmouth for Camelford, coupled with an away trip to Witheridge on Saturday (ignoring the home games against Godolphin and Callington) - two longest trips of the season all in the same week - going to be some very tired players!

Tired legs for sure as will many of the teams,Sticker have 4 away games in 9days, Saltash Sat, Tavistock Tues, Plymouth Argyle Sat, Witheridge Sun, totting up the miles. Just gotta get it done and finish the season, poor old fixture sec has done the very best he can in what can only be described as a pig of à season with respect to the weather. 

34 minutes ago, ennis81 said:

Tired legs for sure as will many of the teams,Sticker have 4 away games in 9days, Saltash Sat, Tavistock Tues, Plymouth Argyle Sat, Witheridge Sun, totting up the miles. Just gotta get it done and finish the season, poor old fixture sec has done the very best he can in what can only be described as a pig of à season with respect to the weather. 

F ixtures such as this are farcical and do little for local football !

On 16/04/2018 at 15:47, Bobjfh said:

Midweek away trip to Exmouth for Camelford, coupled with an away trip to Witheridge on Saturday (ignoring the home games against Godolphin and Callington) - two longest trips of the season all in the same week - going to be some very tired players!

Falmouth away to Witheridge and Cullompton on a Monday and Wednesday in May. Two longest trips in three days! 

Exmouth 1-4 Camelford

Another very good performance from Camelford, who travelled to Exmouth missing a couple of attacking players and some players playing out of position. First half was virtually all Camelford, who didn't capatilise on opportunities and went in at HT 2-0 up with goals from Leighton (possibly an own goal but he will claim the shot was going in) and an excellent run and finish by Rob.

As the second half started Exmouth took a brief spell of initiative and scored (og) - and for about 5 minutes after that really pushed but did not create much. Camelford then scored a cracking goal from Ed which settled everything down again and from that Camelford took control again and scored a 4th with a powerhouse shot from Adam.

Thought the movement, upfront, from Keegan was outstanding and he was (for me) joint man of the match with Ed and Tim Rice for Exmouth - his pedigree as the ex Torquay United keeper showed and he made four outstanding saves and denied Keegan at least a hat trick with fantastic saves.

The long journey back from Exmouth didn't seem that long on the return journey.

Mousehole 2 - 0 Ludgvan 

Mousehole avenging their defeat to the Hurlers at the weekend.

A comfortable win for Mousehole. Two nil at ht. First goal powerful shot from right midfielder lopping over the keeper. Second coming from a corner, header at the near post from the Mousehole captain.

Ludgvan gave a good account of themselves a much changed team from the team that got 3 points at the weekend. This their 3rd game in 5 days (Mousehole had the same obligation I know, before I get shot down). 

Ludgvan a team trying to win the league have to play Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (away to Elburton Villa) and Saturday. 

Not sure what everyone else’s take is on this but for a squad of 16 players max this is a tall ask. I’m sure they are not the only team to have this many fixtures but it just seems madness. Surely a two week extension to the league would help and not cause this massive fixture pill up. I sometimes wonder what goes through the heads of the powers that be at the FA. 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 01:08, Fanfare said:

Falmouth away to Witheridge and Cullompton on a Monday and Wednesday in May. Two longest trips in three days! 

Firstly why do the fa exist except to extract money from clubs, they do nothing at all for football.

Secondly fixturing such as this is ridiculous, I suggest the clubs do not travel and accept the loss of points. The sooner this league is disbanded the better !

48 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Mousehole 2 - 0 Ludgvan 

Mousehole avenging their defeat to the Hurlers at the weekend.

A comfortable win for Mousehole. Two nil at ht. First goal powerful shot from right midfielder lopping over the keeper. Second coming from a corner, header at the near post from the Mousehole captain.

Ludgvan gave a good account of themselves a much changed team from the team that got 3 points at the weekend. This their 3rd game in 5 days (Mousehole had the same obligation I know, before I get shot down). 

Ludgvan a team trying to win the league have to play Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (away to Elburton Villa) and Saturday. 

Not sure what everyone else’s take is on this but for a squad of 16 players max this is a tall ask. I’m sure they are not the only team to have this many fixtures but it just seems madness. Surely a two week extension to the league would help and not cause this massive fixture pill up. I sometimes wonder what goes through the heads of the powers that be at the FA. 

Makes a mockery of any league Del Boy, your quite right. At that level its an extremely tall order. Appreciate this season has been exceptional in terms of postponements however I have noticed a few teams around the County had played a lot of games Sat/Tues (instead of training) last August/September/October whilst the weather was half decent so now there fixtures are more spread out, whether this was by request from the clubs individually or Just the way  the fixtures have materialised I am not sure. But your correct it can make false reading in some case's

However I do understand & appreciate the very difficult job Mr.Hiscox has had over the last few months!

10 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Exmouth 1-4 Camelford

Another very good performance from Camelford, who travelled to Exmouth missing a couple of attacking players and some players playing out of position. First half was virtually all Camelford, who didn't capatilise on opportunities and went in at HT 2-0 up with goals from Leighton (possibly an own goal but he will claim the shot was going in) and an excellent run and finish by Rob.

As the second half started Exmouth took a brief spell of initiative and scored (og) - and for about 5 minutes after that really pushed but did not create much. Camelford then scored a cracking goal from Ed which settled everything down again and from that Camelford took control again and scored a 4th with a powerhouse shot from Adam.

Thought the movement, upfront, from Keegan was outstanding and he was (for me) joint man of the match with Ed and Tim Rice for Exmouth - his pedigree as the ex Torquay United keeper showed and he made four outstanding saves and denied Keegan at least a hat trick with fantastic saves.

The long journey back from Exmouth didn't seem that long on the return journey.

Tim Rice, do you mean Martin Rice. Were you confused by his shirt of many colours?