Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

Cornwall FA Senior Rep team to play Wednesday 1st February

Recommended Posts

The Cornwall FA Senior Rep team have a fixture on Wednesday 1st February against The Royal Navy kick off at 7:30pm

 

Glynn Hooper will be managing the side with the squad being announced once the players confirm their availability, likewise the confirmation of the venue is also awaited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

There's Bodmin where the CCFA HQ is, or the old favourite for the time being at Treyew Road

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shame we're not talking about how good it is to see a Senior County Rep match instead of worrying where the venue is going to be! :wacko:

Do I fear we have some budding "Big Al"s in our midst :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although its decribed as a Cornwall Representative side I think Glym will want to win it after last time these met and I see it as a Bodmin/St.Austell combined X1 v Royal Navy.

Would have thought Ryan Barnes g/k  at Falmouth should be in the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely looking at the league you would have thought a few from Saltash should be included, given they currently sit top of the table?  For me, Ryan Richards would be an automatic choice along with Liam Eddy.  Agree that St Austell and Bodmin will be the biggest contributing teams, but dont rule out some of the counties other top clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, secretscout said:

Surely looking at the league you would have thought a few from Saltash should be included, given they currently sit top of the table?  For me, Ryan Richards would be an automatic choice along with Liam Eddy.  Agree that St Austell and Bodmin will be the biggest contributing teams, but dont rule out some of the counties other top clubs.

Yes ,but do they qualify if they have to cross the bridge from Plymouth lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes ,but do they qualify if they have to cross the bridge from Plymouth lol

I think you said that Mike with tongue in cheek, but technically i think that playing for a Cornish FA affiliated club makes them eligible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously - having watched Bodmin this season, I think Glynn would be greatly limiting his choices if he based a squad around their players. I have seen Glynn at numerous matches this season and I am certain that across SWPL there are proper Cornish players  and there is a better team / squad who would give all for playing for their county. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Bobjfh, some of the players at the likes of Bodmin and St Austell are the money chacers and may not be there for the right reason.  Players at other clubs where money isn't a luxury are the players that are more likely to give you more and wear their heart on their sleeve as such.  Just a thought. 

Who do people think should make the cut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy - of course you are correct and Glynn has vast experience as a manager - just saying on a Cornwall Football Forum, that many supporters of Cornish Football would like to watch a team representative of Cornish football players playing for Cornwall - not a team made up from a couple of currently successful teams - that would be a SWPL Rep team. I'll be stood there watching in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear what you're saying and think there's merit in that. But if you're trying to put up a good show and win then you select the players who are the best fit in your opinion. Either way it'll be good as the Navy will fly in players from from both home and abroad to make a real game of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 12:34, Dave Deacon said:

 

Confirmation that this game is to be held at Priory Park, home of Bodmin Town

 Also home of the Cornwall FA - what a coincidence !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2017 at 17:23, Tommy Matthews said:

I hear what you're saying and think there's merit in that. But if you're trying to put up a good show and win then you select the players who are the best fit in your opinion. Either way it'll be good as the Navy will fly in players from from both home and abroad to make a real game of it. 

Lets hope so Tommy, but in reality I don't think they will be flying players in from abroad, its a midweek game in Bodmin, not a Armed Forces cup competition!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Lets hope so Tommy, but in reality I don't think they will be flying players in from abroad, its a midweek game in Bodmin, not a Armed Forces cup competition!! 

They did the last time this fixture was played at Blaise Park. Three or four were brought in from abroad and then went to training camp ahead of the Inter-Services Cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match is now to be played at Godolphin Atlantic FC. 

Bodmin Town have let the CCFA know their pitch will not be playable, but Godolphin have stepped in at the last minute to host the game, for which the Cornwall FA are extremely grateful.

The game will still Kick Off at 7:30pm and there is going to be a minutes silence prior to the game in memory of Ray Nicholls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×