Cornwall Football Forum

Elburton Villa 2-3 Falmouth Town :clapper::drink:

3 sending offs-2 for Villa,1 for Town

Town took the lead through a superb Nick Pugliese free kick from the edge of the box,Elburton equalised on half time when Town conceded yet another penalty.1-1 half time.

Elburton started the 2nd half on top,and took the lead when a mis-hit back pass let a Villa striker clean through,only for Dave Rawlings to bring him down.The red card was a formality,and another superb free kick put Elburton ahead.

Town equalised thru Matt Drummond's header,beating the keeper to a free kick,and Drummo got the 3rd after a great ball by Rob Carey.

Villa's red cards were a second yellow,and a straight red for hitting Richard Kellow in the face,who was in goal for the absent Chappers.

Town should be safe now. :yahoo:

I would like to thank Alan Carey and the players who although results did not go their way at first, kept battling when the chips were down and in the end showed what they were made of. Maybe, at present, Town are the form team, but with the safety line now passed and Premier League football guaranteed at Bickland Park next season, it would be nice to see a few more fans return through the turnstiles for the last two home games to applaud the hard work that has been put in by them.

Well done to you all.

Charles Fittus

Vice chairman, FTAFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Congrats to Falmouth for staying up, there are 6 former SWL sides looking to take their rightful place from Div 1 West and join them, but until we have many more seasons, most will have to bide their time. Good for Cornish football, n ot yet, but it won't be long before Cornish sides dominate the Prem Div. Newquay and PZ to join you in the next 2 seasons, maybe Penryn but no other Cornish clubs have the facilities or have the appriopriate planning in place for 2010/11 to go up. Sort of begs the question, why have SWPL extended the ruling by another season. Is it that 4 Devon sides would have been demoted from the Prem this season ?

Yes it is the Devon Bias quastion again ! And one that has been mentioned by clubs who have no interest in going up who have asked me, well I have asked myself and you good Forum folk the same question. Do those at HQ in Exeter have a Devon bias ? Is the SWPL dinner being held in Torquay ?, Do Mousehole, Port and PZ have to pay for tickets even if they do not attend ? These are questions others have asked me, I just thought it right to ask the forum.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Judge .... why are you excluding St Austell from being able to go up? Chances are slimmer now after dropping points on Saturday, but mathematically can still do it this season!

They can win the league granted. However, it is widley known that Poltair did not pass the ground grading and therfore cannot be promoted. This info was 'leaked' by persons un-named on the day that the 'graders' visited Mount Wise. I have no further info than this, but have been told by dozens of folk recently, that it will become fact on Thurs 7th may.

Oh and a St Austell committee member also told me !

Guest plainmoor

Congrats to Falmouth for staying up, there are 6 former SWL sides looking to take their rightful place from Div 1 West and join them, but until we have many more seasons, most will have to bide their time. Good for Cornish football, n ot yet, but it won't be long before Cornish sides dominate the Prem Div. Newquay and PZ to join you in the next 2 seasons, maybe Penryn but no other Cornish clubs have the facilities or have the appriopriate planning in place for 2010/11 to go up. Sort of begs the question, why have SWPL extended the ruling by another season. Is it that 4 Devon sides would have been demoted from the Prem this season ?

Yes it is the Devon Bias quastion again ! And one that has been mentioned by clubs who have no interest in going up who have asked me, well I have asked myself and you good Forum folk the same question. Do those at HQ in Exeter have a Devon bias ? Is the SWPL dinner being held in Torquay ?, Do Mousehole, Port and PZ have to pay for tickets even if they do not attend ? These are questions others have asked me, I just thought it right to ask the forum.

Having just read in the Independent about the forthcoming throgmorton Cup final, I have to say that I didn't think there was a Devon bias but now I am sure that there is, Adam Hopkins has been given this final, yes he is a good referee but surely they could have chosen someone who hasn't already had his reward for this season. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't this lad already had a cup final this year? If so, why give him another one? are there not just as deserving referees out there who will be reffering in the SWPL next season because Adam certainly won't.

I think the winds are deffinately in Adam's favour, is it a case of, it's not what you know but who you know?not only is he the Devon referee develpoment officer but he probably nobs it with the people that matter most in making these decisions who happen to be his friends and colleagues.

Again shoot me down if Iam wrong but hasn't the first 3 cup finals of this new SWPL all been referee'd by Devon referees? try telling the refs of Cornwall that there is no bias there.

Again I may be wrong but didn't Jim McCaffery (who is Cornwall) referee the very last SWL cup final? if so that means by being 4th referee at this seasons Throgmorton Cup Final, that he's got another medal to put on his mantle place.

I find it unbelievable that the current crop of SWPL officers didn't get together with the Devon FA, Corwall FA and Phil Lowe to discuss who has had cup finals this seson and the past 5 years in order to spread the experience around a bit. That is not forward or dynamic thinking by anyone.

Thinking about the bias and how it is tilting more and more towards Devon leads me onto the question about the ground hop, I can't quite remember last seasons but I'm pretty sure that it benefited Devon clubs and again this season the ground hop was massive and who did it involve? thats right all devon clubs, not one ground in Cornwall or any Cornish team was involved for that matter, so all the money went to the Devon clubs.

You only have to have a look at this SWPL handbook to gauge the bias against Cornwall, yes you guessed it the picture on the front is of two Devon teams, Ivybridge and Tavistock, even the linesman in the picture is from Devon!

I've seen the reply of Mr. Hiscox on the SWPL website in which he reels off a load of nonsense about how he's been to watch all these Cornish clubs in action, he forgets to point out that for a vast majority of these he gets a mileage allowance, killing two stones, watching a match and ground grading. What he fails to mention is the number of Devon teams he's seen in the same period, was this omitted for a reason? maybe he's seen more Devon teams than Cornish, who knows? Selective editing is great when it works in your favour.

A couple of the Devon v Cornwall items he has put on there haven't even taken place yet, the Throgmorton Cup Finals and semi final's he lists as 3-1 to Cornwall, well forgive me but wasn't that a necessity, holding them at grounds that were closest to both teams?

It doesn't look like the league board has worked too damm hard enough in trying to keep a balance in both Counties, I shall await the 2009-10 season with baited breath to see if any of the damage that has been done can be healed.

A Devon bias? yes there certainly is, it's in black and white for everyone to see.

Even the Peninsula League badge has it so you are looking into Devon, I ask you.

And I think that you'll also find on the SWPL information about the Devon Premier Cup and the Devon St Lukes bowl, half the teams that play in these competitions aren't even the SWPL, it is a SWPL website set up for that league not for the like of other Cup competitions set up in Devon, if you're going to do that, then start adding in some of the Cornish cup competitions as well as undoubtedly there are some teams playing in the Cornwall Combination League that will soon be playing in the SWPL West, Perranporth to name but one and also SWPL premier teams also have their reserves in that league and cup competition, they are part of the same club.

Len