Luke Appleton : From : Penryn Athletic To : Falmouth Town

Steven Kellow : From : Newquay To : Falmouth Town

Andrew Miles : From : Newquay To : Falmouth Town

Chris Wright : From : Exeter Civil Service : To : Witheridge

Stephen Blackburn : From : Buckfastleigh Rangers To : Elburton Villa

Ben Bowhay : From : Totnes & Dartington To : Dartmouth

Shane Tolley : From : Truro City To : Bodmin Town

Guest thebigfella

What did Martin Piper do wrong at Saltash to be bombed out like that? Played something like 10 games since ousting Wearing, and kept at least 6 clean sheets... Odd one Mr Hendy!

Guest Wilfred

some may be shocked that martin piper left saltash to join torpoint...im more shocked that the torpoint gaffer has let joey syndercombe go? hes a quality keeper, supporters player last year, player of year for plymouth parkway the year before....why make this decision? seems odd to me as joeys a reliable and quality keeper in my eyes

I know the feeling, Playing really well at Porthleven 11 games with 4 clean sheets and no real excuse why i was being dropped and even players in the team said i should not have been dropped but still was. Football is a funny old game? :drink:

Guest Wilfred

thats it monty....fair enough torpoint admitably have conceeded too many goals this season...but surely that cant all be down to the keeper....poor old joey syndercombe...feel so sorry for the lad

Thats why i have decided to take a bit of time out of the playing game because i am still baffled and upset by it all because i was really playing well this season. Joey is a great keeper and im sure he will pop up somewhere and bite Torpoint in the arse. No wonder there are so few decent keepers around if we all get treated poorly.

Guest crosser

I don't know if this is true or not but what i was told was that a club had put in 7 days for joey, and thats why piper was signed like i say not sure if its true or not??? but joey was at the mill yesterday.

Guest Wilfred

joey has stated that he wont be making a comeback between the posts this season unless the right offer comes along. he enjoyed it at torpoint as all of the lads were his mates, some of whom he had played footy with all his life. he enjoyed the banter there as much as the football. dont think he would drop down to playing east cornwall footy, but i know for a fact he would quite happily had stayed and fought for his place but wasnt given that opportunity, which is a shame, as im sure he could of held down the number one jersey even with pipes over there.

Unfortunately, Liam broke his 5th metatarsal playing for Torpoint on Saturday, so will be out for the next few weeks at least :(

Having coached the lad as a 14 / 15 year old, he certainly has the potential to play at the higher level, but may need to beef himself up a bit before stepping up to the likes of Truro City.

He's quick and nimble with an eye for goal, but a bit slight. Don't think he would figure in Truro's 1st team straight away were he to transfer....but may be wrong.

Get well soon anyway Liam :thumbsup:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I disagree with you crosser, Liam has to take the chance when it comes and im sure Truro will groom him into a great player,if this is true.

To many good youngsters have not taken the chance when offered and regretted it for the rest of their career.

As manager of the duchy side at Torpoint i never want to see good players leave the club as i want us all to progress but now and again a player like Liam develops and should go and have a crack at it when given the chance.

I know hes young but so was Wayne Rooney when he pulled on a full England cap!!!

Nothing wrong with chacing a dream!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Thats how he progressed from the u18's,through the 2nds and onto the 1sts. Thats how it should work and if Truro rate him im sure thats how they will deal with him. He has that sparkle that should be developed by top coaches which i believe Truro have.

Im not saying its not a chance hes taking but if he does'nt, what- ifs are a bad thing!!!

hope he takes the chance if he gets it, i had the chance to go to tivvy 4 years ago but turned it down, purely because of travelling and a young family, not that i regret it because i'm playing with a great bunch of lads at top peninsula prem side, just way up your options liam if it all seems right then go for it, but remember that you've got to enjoy it especially wen your young because else it has a tendancy to put you off football for good!

If it is correct that Tolley has signed for Bodmin then that is a very good aquisition for them - he was rumoured to be heading in the Bideford direction.

If/when Bodmin win the SWP will they take the 'step-up' to the Western Premier and face sides like Bideford in League matches next season....????

Shane Tolley makes his debut for Bideford in the FA Vase 4th.Round Proper on Saturday against Scarborough Athletic in what appears to be a top cup tie.

The vistors who average 455 for league gates should add to the occasion

Shane Tolley makes his debut for Bideford in the FA Vase 4th.Round Proper on Saturday against Scarborough Athletic in what appears to be a top cup tie.

The vistors who average 455 for league gates should add to the occasion

Not sure that Tolley deserves to get in ahead of Densham/Gough at the moment, but may well be useful enough to have on the bench.

If we could have Southy back it would be a different matter though!

--

Richard