Cornwall Football Forum

Brinton Nute leaves falmouth ?

I was told by a reliable source who had spoken to Brinton Nute that the player has left Falmouth after a short spell and moved to his home town club Saltash.

The reason quoted was that the money has dried up and the players could no longer be paid.

If this is true how badly will it affect their recent improvement?

Can anyone from the club confirm or deny this?

He will be sorely missed and im afraid he probaly wont be the last! i can see Town struggling now because you cant keep relying on beany to dig them out of the brown sticky stuff each week. :Santa:

IF THIS IS TRUE..... Then it doesnt come as a suprise, the money has probably dried up becuse of the money they were paying Brinton to play in the first place.

Great player though but i feel he wont be on nealry half as much at Saltash as he was on down Falmouth.

Still i guess a 5 minute drive for a home game rather than an hour and half is alot beter...............

I was told by a reliable source who had spoken to Brinton Nute that the player has left Falmouth after a short spell and moved to his home town club Saltash.

The reason quoted was that the money has dried up and the players could no longer be paid.

thats why our senior cup match game was cancelled-players strike, couldnt make a team!! falmouth postponed it claiming waterlogged pitch-i checked it friday seemed fine to me especially when you think we played at a mudbath at milbrook the weekend before.

Unfortunately Whistleblower, recent form alone isnt always enough to ensure a happy dressing room and squad for the long term security. It seems that the problem is between the Officers of the Club and the Management and players and that can do little for team moral where the future is concerned and of course the dreaded issue of money!

Lets hope they all stick together and Bowks, Hewey and their players continue to climb the league.

Guest Postie Pidge

thats why our senior cup match game was cancelled-players strike, couldnt make a team!! falmouth postponed it claiming waterlogged pitch-i checked it friday seemed fine to me especially when you think we played at a mudbath at milbrook the weekend before.

Thats the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard! Why would Falmouth postpone the game when they had a players evening planned?

The pitch was inspected by the match referee and it was him that made the decision. The goal areas were very soft and there was surface water along one touchline. There was nor has there ever been talk of a player strike.

I will admit that the club has been affected by the credit crunch but then again who hasn't. It's a shame everything revolves around money, but as Lafs says get behind Bowks and the boys. Current form is excellent and the lads have a big game on Wednesday - let's hope for a repeat of our last visit to Bolitho Park....

Postie Pidge - why react so vigorously! The game was obviously only called off after an offical inspection was made and so therefore you have nothing to worry about. You never know Smithy's comment may just have been made with a tongue in his cheek!

And another thing ... a team in form would relish the thought of scoring a potful of goals against the likes of Wendron - surely another reason not to rig the postponement!

And finally, regarding the subject heading - Brinton didn't leave Saltash for Falmouth for money anyway did he. It was the pull of the heart wasn't it? :D

:yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

The match was called off in the interests of player safety. I don't recall seeing you there on Friday Smithy?! The next time we need a pitch inspection,we'll be sure to call you in as well as the match official so you can give us your professional opinion!!

See you on saturday(unless the weather gets worse!) for 2-30 KO

Just been speaking to nutey and can confirm he as joined bodmin as of this morning. Great player and lad and joining a top side who have alot of mates of mine in, so best wishes to him and bodmin. No stopping them now.

And another thing ... a team in form would relish the thought of scoring a potful of goals against the likes of Wendron - surely another reason not to rig the postponement!

Ooh thats a bit harsh on our 1st team dave! lol. I dont think it'll be as one sided as everyone might imagine, i think, pitch permitting, it'll be a cracking game. Glad i'm gonna be there to see it.

I know how bickland park can get when it rains, so wasnt a huge surprise to see the game postponed, shame though cos it was a lovely day, and our players we up for the battle.

Bring on saturday!

Pete

Just been speaking to nutey and can confirm he as joined bodmin as of this morning. Great player and lad and joining a top side who have alot of mates of mine in, so best wishes to him and bodmin. No stopping them now.

I am just going on what Moorzy has said. I agree that Nutey is a great player and dont think no one will stop Bodmin now!

Guest football mad

In my opinion he only went falmouth to pick up quick buck !! Now doing the same with Bodmin.

No passion in footballers these days, He seems to be following Westgarth and James Miller also from falmouth in just going for the £££££££

Guest Peppermint

Seems a little strange that Postie had not received 7 days notice of approach for Nute as of yesterday and suddenly he has supposed to have signed for Bodmin Town this morning! If the 7 days is waived then it still seems a bit strange.

the long ball count?? falmouth 30 to our 2 sounds about right after watching you lot play or should i say punt against ivybridge last week- we maybe underdogs for this match but i guarentee you we will give you a damn good run for your money...ooops i forgot its all gone hahaha lol

its sooo funny that people take comments on here sooo personally!! stop bitin!!!! lol :lol::lol::lol:

i await the backlash :lol: :lol:

In my opinion he only went falmouth to pick up quick buck !! Now doing the same with Bodmin.

No passion in footballers these days, He seems to be following Westgarth and James Miller also from falmouth in just going for the £££££££

Dont know about West, but I went for the travelling. I love the A30. :D