Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 29/11/08

Guest blue203

Great result carpster !!!! but what happend to your reserves.. loads of excuses but claiming they did'nt expect the ref to turn up not really good enought as the ref didmake an appearance, the mullion lads were gutted and for other games that were cancelled because of a lack of refs.... Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Great result carpster !!!! but what happend to your reserves.. loads of excuses but claiming they did'nt expect the ref to turn up not really good enought as the ref didmake an appearance, the mullion lads were gutted and for other games that were cancelled because of a lack of refs.... Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry mate, didn't know anything about that! the last thing I heard when we met up the pub before the St Agnes match was that the 2nd team game had been called off as there was no ref.

Rosudgeon 3- Cury 5

A real cracker of a game,Rosudgeon came out of the blocks with a bang and scored an early,well deserved goal,with the rosudgeon boys winning every ball and having the best of the 1st half they would maybe feel a bit dissapointed to go into half time only drawing 3 a piece,cury didnt play well in the 1st half but as has happened alot this season they took the chances in front of goal. the second half was a bit of a different story,dispite 3 players having to go off injured(2 defenders and the goalkeeper) and finishing the game with 10 men,cury started to play the football that has got them to the top of the league and scored twice to finish the game comfortable winners. a real bruising but entertaining 90 minutes,big thanks to the rosudgeon manager who stepped in and took the reins when the ref didnt turn up,very fair and flowing display. Looking forward to seeing what Trispen have to offer

Troon AFC Res. 3 Camborne Park 2

Troon hosted Camborne park in the cup at Grouter park on a very cold day!

Whilst in the dressing room, We were talking about the previous 2 games where we had beaten park 3-0 each time. We saw that Park had some new faces in there side so we knew this was not going to be a walkover! We knew that they would be raring to go in this game!

Troon started off well with some good passes. Playing a 4-1-4-1, Mikey Catteral was left up front on his own. Straight from the off he was marked closely by two players so we had to make sure we helped him. And thats exactly what happened 5 minutes in. The ball was laid to Mikey at about 22yards, He then saw Dave Bartlam (me) run through the gap to his right. He threaded the ball through perfectly and after a small tustle with a defender, I got through on goal and neatly placed in to the left of the advancing keeper. 1-0.

The game was played mostly in midfield where there was a big hard battle to win the ball! Park managed to win this battle and sent there striker through one on one with the advancing keeper to cooly slot home. 1-1.

After some brilliant play by Gareth Honer on the left wing, skinning his marker each time, he was finally rewarded with a goal. The ball was threaded through to Mikey Catteral on the right wing. He took it to the corner flag where he literally stood still for 5 seconds. This was in order for the midfield to allow support. But there was no-one there. He then saw Gareth run into the box, unmarked. He placed a perfect chip to the edge of the 18 yard box for Gareth to brilliantly bring down onto his right, and volley it into the net with his left! A great goal 2-1 Troon.

It was then after the break that there was a mix up with the defenders which allowed the Park striker to slot home. 2-2.

It was a very hard game to play. Park had a few chances fall at the feet or Peter Norfolk, But unfortunately for him Dale Paull was a force to be reckoned with between the sticks.

Everyone was then starting to get tired and fear extra time and penalties, but in dramatic Troon style, on the 89th minute, Tim Kitchen won the ball in midfield and brilliantly dribble pass 3 people, to shoot and for it to be parried... straight to Mikey Catterals feet. He shot and it trickled passed the line. Goal. 3-2 Troon.

Final Whistle!

I would like to say a very well done to Camborne Park for bringing the game to us. As much as I love playing for my club, I will put my hand on my heart and say if anything, Park should have won that game! They battled very hard a seemed to want it alot more than Us. 1st half was all Troon, 2nd Half.. Undoubtebly all Park.

Thank you for a great game played in good spirits. All the best For the rest of the campaign from all at Troon AFC. :thumbsup:

Troon Goalscorers:

David Bartlam

Gareth Honer

Mikey Catterall

Rosudgeon 3- Cury 5

A real cracker of a game,Rosudgeon came out of the blocks with a bang and scored an early,well deserved goal,with the rosudgeon boys winning every ball and having the best of the 1st half they would maybe feel a bit dissapointed to go into half time only drawing 3 a piece,cury didnt play well in the 1st half but as has happened alot this season they took the chances in front of goal. the second half was a bit of a different story,dispite 3 players having to go off injured(2 defenders and the goalkeeper) and finishing the game with 10 men,cury started to play the football that has got them to the top of the league and scored twice to finish the game comfortable winners. a real bruising but entertaining 90 minutes,big thanks to the rosudgeon manager who stepped in and took the reins when the ref didnt turn up,very fair and flowing display. Looking forward to seeing what Trispen have to offer

YES MIKE SECOND THAT, CURY MAY HAVE ONE HELL OF A SHOCK COMING THERE WAY NEXT SATURDAY..

Wendron IV 2 Penryn 2 HT 2-0

This was 2 points lost for Wendron really. We were on top in the 1st half, creating many chances, only finishing two. After half time we gave Penryn too much space in the middle of the park and it cost us, they kept pushing, eventually scoring, then getting an equaliser from the most impossible angle i've ever seen. We pushed hard for a winner in the last 10 mins, but it wasnt our day, the ryn keeper making some good saves, plus poor finishing, expecially my own costing us dearly.

Scorers: Alan Rogers 2

MOM: Jimmy Collins

DOD: Pete Tully

Pete

Guest some call him David Bentley

Rosudgeon 3- Cury 5

was this in fhfl 3 ?

mullion v stitians

Called off due to lack of commnication stitians aying that they didnt think we had a referee ??????

VERY ANNOYING :angry2:

yeah well said blue203 all the mullion lads wer well gutted as they were there all ready and warming up 10 minutes efore the game to find out that stitians claim that we didnt have a ref ?? very random as the ref was there at 2 oclock ready for a 2.30 kick off witch never happened :(

I think Mr Sobey is away. Results taken from Sunday Independent

FHFL Fixtures 29/11/08

League Cup First Round

Frogpool 2 Wendron 3

Lizard 3 Marazion 0

Mawgan v Rosudgeon -OFF

Troon 3 Camborne Park 2

Wheatly Cobb Cup First Round

Falmouth Athletic Res v Constantine Res - post

FHFL 1

Mawnan v Pendeen - post

Mousehole 2 Truro City 0

Perranwell v Helston - post

St Day v Falmouth Albion - post

St Keverne v Holmans - post

Stithians 6 St Agnes 2

FHFL 2

Lanner 1 Mawnan 7

Porthlevern Rangers 4 Carharrack 2

FHFL 3

Carharrack Res v Lizard - OFF

Mullion v Stithians - OFF

Penryn 2 Wendron 2

Rosudgeon Res 3 Cury 5

Ruan Minor v St Day - Ruan Minor failed to raise a side

FHFL 1

St Day v Falmouth Albion called off at 2pm as pitch not playable

That's complete bollox! I was at the St Day pitch on Saturday morning and both thier pitches were fine. Their groundman even marked the whole pitch whilst I was there around lunchtime! Even there first team played on one of thier pitches right next to each other on Sat. What a piss take!

Rangers 4 Carharrack 2

Still trying to work out if the scoreline flattered either side. Rangers missed some good chances but Carharrack never gave in and with a weakened side ran it very close.

Will say a big thanks to the Mr Chown for picking up the whistle. I don't care what your club skipper had to say after, I thought you did pretty well. Never easy Reffing your own. Thanks pal...........and good luck for the rest of the season.

:clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Gents, can I please clear something up reference the Stithians no show on Saturday.

The Mullion secretary contacted the Stithians secretary during the week stating that no referee had been appointed to our game yet. At that point the game was off, no further communiction was recieved by our seceratary. Very poor show from the Mullion communication front I'm afraid and very dissapointing. I have managed the Stithians reserves team for 3 seasons and have never not turned up for a game unless contacting the opposing team first as apart from wanting a game on a Saturday afternoon I also appreciate that people can choose to work/spend time with their families if enough motice is given.

Please refrain from speculating as to why we did not turn up and ask your fixture secretary the question instead.

Cheers.

Well looking fine at 2.54 is one thing but after a week of rain and 22 days blokes running around on it all afternoon what would the state be like then. Think bigger picture, if we played that game the pitch would probably not be played on again for some weeks so think its best the game was off.

As for ringers, who are we going to bring in? Who do we need to bring in? Sure the management team are more than happy with the squad currently playing and will not feel the need to bring in the one game ringers. And of course we do not have a higher level team to bring in players, mmm do you!?

Was the referee at Mullion J O,Brian for the game with Stithians? Fal Ath Res had their ref taken away mid-week and I recieved no notification from referees appointments officer at all. I only found out when I confirmed the game with the ref. Also there was 3 referees watching our junior cup game on saturday.

gillo Dompullen Ha Ha but would,nt we all play him given half the chance.

Guest hammer3

Rangers 4 Carharrack 2

Still trying to work out if the scoreline flattered either side. Rangers missed some good chances but Carharrack never gave in and with a weakened side ran it very close.

Will say a big thanks to the Mr Chown for picking up the whistle. I don't care what your club skipper had to say after, I thought you did pretty well. Never easy Reffing your own. Thanks pal...........and good luck for the rest of the season.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

yeah thought the lads did really well, was a good game to watch and could of easily ended up sharing the points.

Guest some call him David Bentley

Gents, can I please clear something up reference the Stithians no show on Saturday.

The Mullion secretary contacted the Stithians secretary during the week stating that no referee had been appointed to our game yet. At that point the game was off, no further communiction was recieved by our seceratary. Very poor show from the Mullion communication front I'm afraid and very dissapointing. I have managed the Stithians reserves team for 3 seasons and have never not turned up for a game unless contacting the opposing team first as apart from wanting a game on a Saturday afternoon I also appreciate that people can choose to work/spend time with their families if enough motice is given.

Please refrain from speculating as to why we did not turn up and ask your fixture secretary the question instead.

Cheers.

o right no worries about that its jst none of the mullion lads knew why there was no turn up the only thing we herd is that stitians didnt think we hada ref so didnt phone 2 ask !! hope it get resceduled soon cheers

forgot about domo being signed! Was just a one off game as far as i know tho and none of the regulars were dropped because he was there. End of the day sure most sides will have few senior players signed on to help out if poss. Perranwell should have a squad of them, bit of an advantage come the end of season id say!

yea probably but the mrs has a meeting so got to babysit. And iv been there the last 3wks, didnt see you there actually.

The Packet ©

29/11/08

A LACK of referees and unfit grounds were the major factors in a reduced Whirlwind Sports Falmouth-Helston League programme on Saturday.

In division one the major talking point was Helston Athletic Reserves who were unable to field a side for their game at Perranwell whilst other games not reaching the starting blocks were St Day v Falmouth Albion, St Keverne v Holmans and Mawnan v Pendeen.

Of those that were played, Mousehole Res continued their recent improved form with a fine 2-0 win against Truro City III after scoring through Nick Walker and James Franklin.

Stithians pulled off an impressive 6-2 win against St Agnes after notching goals through Ben Cox (2), Treve Bale (2) and Howard Vague (2).

In division two Mawnan Res moved into joint top position following their 7-1 win at Lanner. Aaron Minall scored for Lanner with Mawnan’s goals coming from Ryan Whitbread (3), Paul Goodwin, Adrian Harris (2) and Rob Eccleston.

Liam Bray scored twice for Carharrack in their 4-2 defeat at Porthleven Rangers where the home side scored through Gavin Perraton (2), Dan Thomas and Tim Salmon.

Stithians Res failed to rurn up for the game at Mullion Res and Ruan Minor and St Day III had no referee.

Brian Palmer hit a hat-trick for Rosudgeon Res against Cury, but it was the visitors who ran out 5-3 winners.

Penryn Athletic IV and Wendron IV drew 2-2.

The Wheatly Cobb Cup tie between Constantine Res and Falmouth Athletic Res was called off due to no referee.

In the League Cup Wendron III won 3-2 at Frogpool/Cusgarne where the home side scored through Andy Symons and Brett Hocking.

Lizard Argyle booked their place after a 3-0 win against Marazion with the goals coming from Craig Pollard, Lee Tiddy and Andy May.

Ashley Mugford scored twice for Camborne Park at Troon Res, but it was the home side who ran out 3-2 winners.

Guest pete norfolk

Troon AFC Res. 3 Camborne Park 2

Troon hosted Camborne park in the cup at Grouter park on a very cold day!

Whilst in the dressing room, We were talking about the previous 2 games where we had beaten park 3-0 each time. We saw that Park had some new faces in there side so we knew this was not going to be a walkover! We knew that they would be raring to go in this game!

Troon started off well with some good passes. Playing a 4-1-4-1, Mikey Catteral was left up front on his own. Straight from the off he was marked closely by two players so we had to make sure we helped him. And thats exactly what happened 5 minutes in. The ball was laid to Mikey at about 22yards, He then saw Dave Bartlam (me) run through the gap to his right. He threaded the ball through perfectly and after a small tustle with a defender, I got through on goal and neatly placed in to the left of the advancing keeper. 1-0.

The game was played mostly in midfield where there was a big hard battle to win the ball! Park managed to win this battle and sent there striker through one on one with the advancing keeper to cooly slot home. 1-1.

After some brilliant play by Gareth Honer on the left wing, skinning his marker each time, he was finally rewarded with a goal. The ball was threaded through to Mikey Catteral on the right wing. He took it to the corner flag where he literally stood still for 5 seconds. This was in order for the midfield to allow support. But there was no-one there. He then saw Gareth run into the box, unmarked. He placed a perfect chip to the edge of the 18 yard box for Gareth to brilliantly bring down onto his right, and volley it into the net with his left! A great goal 2-1 Troon.

It was then after the break that there was a mix up with the defenders which allowed the Park striker to slot home. 2-2.

It was a very hard game to play. Park had a few chances fall at the feet or Peter Norfolk, But unfortunately for him Dale Paull was a force to be reckoned with between the sticks.

Everyone was then starting to get tired and fear extra time and penalties, but in dramatic Troon style, on the 89th minute, Tim Kitchen won the ball in midfield and brilliantly dribble pass 3 people, to shoot and for it to be parried... straight to Mikey Catterals feet. He shot and it trickled passed the line. Goal. 3-2 Troon.

Final Whistle!

I would like to say a very well done to Camborne Park for bringing the game to us. As much as I love playing for my club, I will put my hand on my heart and say if anything, Park should have won that game! They battled very hard a seemed to want it alot more than Us. 1st half was all Troon, 2nd Half.. Undoubtebly all Park.

Thank you for a great game played in good spirits. All the best For the rest of the campaign from all at Troon AFC. :thumbsup:

Troon Goalscorers:

David Bartlam

Gareth Honer

Mikey Catterall

just a reply to say well done to troon for participating in a cracking game. a credit to fhfl 2. good luck for the rest of the competition.