Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League results 22/11

Guest theforceuk

Storm 4-3 St.Just (HT 1-1)

Storm winning this game today was a bigger steal than the great train robbery!!!

First half St.Just, with the wind, went 1-0 up after a freekick by Kevin Glenville, and could of gone 3 or 4 up if the strikers had taken their chances. Storm pulled it back to 1-1 for half time.

Second half St.Just playing against the wind went 2-1 up after what appeared to be an own goal. Then St.Just got given a penalty, but put it wide. Shortly after that St.Just "scored" as a shot rebounded off the bar and was a foot over the line, that was seen by every player on the pitch, except for the ref!!!!

Storm then came back to 2-2 and St.Just then had another handful of sitters that they manager to put wide, some only 3/4 yards out! Storm then went 3-2 up from a dodgy corner decision. St.Just managed to come back to 3-3 after a towering header by centre-back Andy Harper. But with only 2 minutes to go, St.Just, once again, managed to push the self destruct button and conceded within the last minute of the game!

A great game for a spectator, played in good spirit. However, the loss of the game was smoothed over by some fine food put on by the Storm lads at the Clipper Bar. :D

Gulval 5 Gwinear 3.

Gulval were 2 down after 4 minutes Gwinear were on fire!

James Paradise returning along with a guy in midfield called Tom who I would pay to watch he was that good. If anything he was too good for his own team mates!

Another 3 from goal machine Jowan May thats 7 in 3 for him. Jay Liddicoat with another for his tally. 4-2 just before half-time that will do......not a chance Gwinear pop up with some brilliant play from Tom? and it was squared for a tap in 4-3. Thats the easy half over now for playing into the wind for 45 mins.

Gwinear layed siege to Gulval's goal with the ever present Tom pulling the strings and hitting the post. Gulval had their moments going close a couple of times with one disallowed goal.

Great ref in Pete Grenfell by the way, top guy.

5 mins third sub Anthony Nicolas pops up with a storming run onto a Jack Liddicoat through ball, does he square it to the awaiting Jojo. No , left foot sweeping shot into the top corner.

Great game, Gwinear will feel agrieved and if they keep that side they will climb away from the foot of the table. And trust me the guy in midfield is good.

Well done to the Reserves also proving last weeks win against CNB was no fluke> Another 6 points to Gulval but more importantly a big step in our battle to survive in Mining 1

Mining 3

St. Ives Mariners 2 Gulval Res. 3

Another deserved win for Gulval, but unlike last week, the home team are a credit to local football. It might have been their first loss of the season, but they took it on the chin like men. Hats off to them.

we were pretty poor today, probably the worst we've played all season, but credit where credit is due, you deserved to win as you were far better than us on the day. and thankyou to rhonda with his magic bucket and sponge:thumbsup: my head feels a lot better now :)

oh, and one last thing, talking of a bang on the head maybe you lot should give rhonda a bang on the head then maybe next time he wont forget to bring your balls :P :P

Thanks for the reminder Macca. It called psychology.??? We turn up with no balls, the boys are hungry to get one. Plus. you're one kick in ball short.? lol And i don't think we were lacking in balls..? :yahoo:

Gotta say. good honest game,that we edged,enjoyed by all i think?

On a roll now, & can at least give teams a game now..

Hoping your head is as right as it ever was. :D & best of luck for the remainder of the season

And thanks for the hospitality. much appreciated..much enjoyed.

Guest bundithegreat

portreath 2-3 mousehole

very good game as usual players really up for it but couldnt convert our chances in front of goal, think i count 8 one on ones with there keeper who was great, everyone will have to agree goal of the season from david webber, great cross and a amazing over head kick which flies into the top corner, the guy will never do it again but one to watch on match of the match!!!!!!

keep up the good work guys, everuone gave 100% today i promise the results will come!!!!

Mining 3

West Cornwall 3 .v. Trevenson Res. 3

Not so sure about the game being strange?! After our recent run, we were looking forward to this game against pre-season contenders to win the league. A poor pitch didn't help either team but there was still a large amount of good football played from both sides. Trevenson took the lead when Anthony Curnow flicked on a throw in from Frank Mitchell that decieved the West Cornwall goalie. West Cornwall were trying to use their advantage of playing with the wind down the slope in the first half and, to be fair, were knocking some good balls around with Ashley Kemp and Owen Barratt the regular targets. It was Owen who pulled a goal back for them when he picked up the ball from a clearance and lobbed stand in 'keeper Phil Sara. They then took the lead from a corner with one of there players doing an overhead kick to score after we were a little slack in getting rid of the ball. Half time we went in 2 all after Anthony Curnow, again causing problems, forced one of there guys to score an own goal. The referee had a poor game today and gave an array of poor decisions against both teams which led to a few heated exchanges between the players in the second half. The game certainly opened up in the second half with numerous half chances from both sides. A poor ref decision gave West Cornwall a free kick near the touch line and a quality ball in led to them gaining a 3 - 2 lead. Step up.... ME! Shaun Wilkins taking the corner that I managed to lamp into the net off me shoulder! 1st goal of the season! Peach! Maybe being slightly bias, but we could even of pinched the win after Shaun Wilkins had a forty yard effort saved and we had a last minute corner that West Cornwall dealt with well. The game was a bit tasty but we wish all the lads a good season.

Mining 1

Trevenson 2 .v. Spice 4

Dis-appointing result. Lot of changes of personnel this week after the departure of Phil Matthews as first team manager. Matt Sara had a penalty and Adam Jewell with Trevensons goals.

Thanks for the reminder Macca. It called psychology.??? We turn up with no balls, the boys are hungry to get one. Plus. you're one kick in ball short.? lol And i don't think we were lacking in balls..? :yahoo:

Gotta say. good honest game,that we edged,enjoyed by all i think?

On a roll now, & can at least give teams a game now..

Hoping your head is as right as it ever was. :D & best of luck for the remainder of the season

And thanks for the hospitality. much appreciated..much enjoyed.

cheers rhonda, nice to see you again :thumbsup: , its been a year or two. good luck to you guys for the rest of the season. see you at your place.

Think you will be wating a long time for my match report as i usually leave that up to the Skipper but unfortunately he is away serving queen and country this week.

Hey, I was the first to congratulate Illogan on a well deserve victory yesterday well done to all the lads and Mikie, your second half performance was excellent and we were certainly not at the races. I am not a person to make excuses , yeah of course this makes winning the league for Troon extremely hard from now on, that's not rocket science!!!!

Illogan for me are a good junior side with help of of a couple of senior heads in Gareth and Ellie, we all at Troon wish you well for the rest of the season.

Cheers

Reno

Heamoor 0 - 4 Storm reserves.

Thanks to the ref for standing in.

Storm must off had 30 chances on goal and at half time were only 0-1 up due to an own goal. The keeper did well as a shot stopper but too many chances missed.

Eventually managed to hit the target after some great interplay and 1 - 2 passing.

Keith Green popped up from right wing to score a well deserved brace of goals. Billings passed the balll superbly due to being to drunk to run.

WATCHED TROON V ILLOGAN YESTERDAY THOUGHT ILLOGAN AS RENO SAID SEEMED TO WANT IT MORE 2ND HALF ,GOOD CROSS AND HEADER FOR THE GOAL . FORGOT HOW BLOODY COLD IT IS WEST OF TRURO.

DIVISION 1.

FOUR LANES 3, ST BURYAN 0.

GULVAL 5, GWINEAR 3.

HALSETOWN 5, THREEMILESTONE 3. :(

ST IVES TOWN 1, ROBARTES 3.

STORM 4, ST JUST 3.

TREVENSON 2, SPICE OF LIFE 4.

TRISPEN 1, REDRUTH 3.

TROON 0, ILLOGAN 1.

DIVISION 2.

CSM 1, HALSETOWN 3.

CHACEWATER 3, ST AGNES 2.

GOONHAVERN 1, MADRON 3.

ILLOGAN 4, CROWN INN GLORY 1.

MOUNT AMBROSE V HOLMANS -OFF- holmans unable to raise a side.

NEWLYN N.A. 1, SENNEN 1.

PORTREATH 2, MOUSEHOLE 3.

THREEMILESTONE V TITANS -OFF- waterlogged pitch

DIVISION 3.

HEAMOOR 0, STORM 4.

LUDGVAN 4, REDRUTH 2.

MADRON V MARAZION -This fixture has already been played.

NEWLYN N.A. V CORNISH NEW BOYS -OFF- no ref

ST BURYAN 1, PENDEEN 3.

ST IVES MARINERS 2, GULVAL 3.

WEST CORNWALL 3, TREVENSON 3.

Well done to Illogan, that should take £Troon£ out of the title race!!!

Maybe the cash will still be there next year!

I'm sure Troon, and Storm would like to win the League but their main longterm aim is Senior football and by finishing in the top three they will still have that opportunity!

But well done Illogan and Mikey Pascoe for assembling a really good side :thumbsup:

Does anyone know who is in charge of Trevenson now?

Guest bundithegreat

i hear no one is in charge at trevenson at the moment, bit rubish leaving the club on the friday night before the game, does anyone know why he went, they had a bloody good squad at start of season, but now bret wasden has returned to portreath and jody left i guess thats what caused it?????

Guest Markdavis

Ludgvan 4 redruth 2

A fairly even game of football, there could have been a few more goals if both sides attackers had taken their chances. I think Liam left his shooting boots at home missing from all of about 2 yards out.

both sides were let down by the referee not turning up, it had a definate affect on the game. I would like to thank the guy from St Agnes? who turned up to watch and ref'd the second half.

good luck for the rest of the season to redruth.

Storm 4-3 St.Just

Whoever wrote the report at the top about this game was obviously from St.Just. At this point I'm meant to argue with them and say that their report was one sided, rose tinted etc but unfortunately the report is absolutely bang on!

Although we were happy to win the game, and showed some good character by not giving up, we were under no illusion about the fact that we didn't deserve it!

And in reply to another post I totally agree that the top3 is far from certain come the end of the season!

Four Lanes 3 - 0 St Buryan

An excellent performance from the Four Lanes lads to continue from last week. We played some excellent football in freezing conditions. We coped very well dealing with the main St Buryan threat of long throws and long balls. A well taken penalty from Joe Crossman got the ball rolling. The lively Nathan Allen then scored a screamer from the left angle of the penalty area, leaving the keeper no chance as he drilled it into the opposite top corner. With Crossman pulling the strings in the middle, it was only a matter of time until a third was to follow. A cracking through ball left Tom Gordon one on one. His calm finish sealed the points.

A very tough match away to Illogan on Saturday, but with this side developing and playing some lovely football, we are hopeful of another entertaining game.

Good luck to St Buryan for the rest of the season.

Mining 3

St. Ives Mariners 2 Gulval Res. 3

Another deserved win for Gulval, but unlike last week, the home team are a credit to local football. It might have been their first loss of the season, but they took it on the chin like men. Hats off to them.

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic bunch of players there and the game was played in wonderful spirit considering the standard of the referee on the day. Can't praise Mariners enough for the way they conducted themselves during and after the game. The hospitality was lovely back at the pub and I have to say "thankyou" to the keeper for shaking my hand and congratulating me when I was leaving the pub for scoring a good goal. :clapper::c:

Gulval 5 Gwinear 3.

Gulval were 2 down after 4 minutes Gwinear were on fire!

James Paradise returning along with a guy in midfield called Tom who I would pay to watch he was that good. If anything he was too good for his own team mates!

Obviously I was not at the game because I was at Nancegollan playing for our reserve team BUT I would like to thank those boys from Gwinear who stayed behind at our club house for quite a length of time and watched the Man Utd game whilst enjoying a few friendly drinks. Credit MUST be paid because so many teams just lose and leave nowadays. Nice one guys :c:

no problem coopsie we all enjoyed having a beer with you guys started off a good night well. Thats the way it should be. And to the general a pretty fair report of the game bit gutted to lose but that is football and jowan knows where net is. Tom is quality pleasure to watch him each week. Thanks gulval very enjoyable day. :drink:

Guest THEROCK

i hear no one is in charge at trevenson at the moment, bit rubish leaving the club on the friday night before the game, does anyone know why he went, they had a bloody good squad at start of season, but now bret wasden has returned to portreath and jody left i guess thats what caused it?????

Yes you're right, Phil Matthews has stepped down as 1st Team Manager. It has to be said that Phil is an extremely proud man (and manager) and has been let down by his players. 5 so called first teamers left last week (along with Brett from a few weeks ago) which left Phil in an impossible position. I also have to point out that the boys who have been at Trevenson for years i.e Matt Sara, Adam Jewell, Justin Carbis, Simon Courtis etc etc have once again showed their true colours and stayed loyal to the club dispite constant offers from other clubs.

The message to all clubs is that boys like the ones I have mentioned are what keeps clubs going, worth their weight in gold. Mercenaries like the ones who have left should be ashamed of themselves and should be avoided by clubs who want to survive and progress.

Phil, hold your head up high, you did a great job mate, but have been let down by players whose loyalty sadly doesn't match up to yours!!!

Yes you're right, Phil Matthews has stepped down as 1st Team Manager. It has to be said that Phil is an extremely proud man (and manager) and has been let down by his players. 5 so called first teamers left last week (along with Brett from a few weeks ago) which left Phil in an impossible position. I also have to point out that the boys who have been at Trevenson for years i.e Matt Sara, Adam Jewell, Justin Carbis, Simon Courtis etc etc have once again showed their true colours and stayed loyal to the club dispite constant offers from other clubs.

The message to all clubs is that boys like the ones I have mentioned are what keeps clubs going, worth their weight in gold. Mercenaries like the ones who have left should be ashamed of themselves and should be avoided by clubs who want to survive and progress.

Phil, hold your head up high, you did a great job mate, but have been let down by players whose loyalty sadly doesn't match up to yours!!!

I don't know any of the players or managers involved here, but The Rock is right. Can't argue with a word. No loyalty. And the guys that keep buggering off always seem to think they are better than what they actually are. Good luck Trevenson in your ambitions to remain a competitive team in local footy.

Guest bundithegreat

you are totally right phil mathews is a great guy and very passionate about his football, no one can manage no players but i know one of the players you mentioned about being loyal wont be with the club by the end of next week, he is not enjoying his football so maybe there is no such thing as loyalty in football, whether it be money or other reasons people will always move clubs if things aint going right!!

you are totally right phil mathews is a great guy and very passionate about his football, no one can manage no players but i know one of the players you mentioned about being loyal wont be with the club by the end of next week, he is not enjoying his football so maybe there is no such thing as loyalty in football, whether it be money or other reasons people will always move clubs if things aint going right!!

Whos that player then ???

Guest bundithegreat

well that would be spreading rumours if my sources are incorrect but i am sure the players name will become clear if it does happen, but remember you heard it here first!!!

Guest bundithegreat

to end the speculation trevenson secretary was contacted last night and the 7 day approach was waived last night and the transfer form is being done as i write on here so yes you are right gorgie, matt sara was transfered to portreath for £250 so not just troon have money these days, watch this space with more signing in the coming weeks!!!!!!