Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League results 22/11

Guest theforceuk

Guest bundithegreat

i need to make something clear matt sara had no money for coming to play for me, the reason he came is because of the love towards me and no other reason ohh and he doesnt have to pay subs and he gets a polo shirt, so to all the sad people on here who think i was really going to pay £250 to have him come play i am sorry for spreading rumours, why would i pay him £250 when i only got £200, i am much better!!!!!!!

Guest bundithegreat

i am playing reserves mate but running the side at the moment as jason opie is having a break for a while, hows things going with you???

in response to your post zeezee, the reserves are currently in div 2 and in the bottom half, matt is joining the club because of our friendship and for what the club has to offer, where can you go these days and not have to pay subs????? i hear some clubs are charging upto £4 pound a game!!!!!!

i have known matt for at least 12+ years now and he approached me saying he wasnt enjoying his football at trevenson and would i take him in, i have been trying to get him come play now for 5 years but he has been very loyal to trevenson so i am glad to have him and maybe afew more signings over the next week to strengthen the mining squad, which having abit of bad luck at the minute.

I remember playing for Portreath when it was founded, then once again2 seasons ago. Each time Bundi was always after Matty but Matty was always loyal to Trevenson. So credit where it is due for him. There aren't many young players about that would have stayed at Trevenson for that long, especially with what Portreath have had to offer por the past few seasons!

Bundithegreat

That’s a very good signing for you if this is true Matt is a class player although to good for mining 2 in my opinion but as you said he is a mate of yours and he approached you so nice one fella

I’m not going to get into anything here about subs and stuff but you boys must fund your pitch fees and all the other stuff that you need to have a game on a Saturday somehow and if it is through sponsorship then that’s great fella, We at Redruth are one of those clubs that charge for the privilege of playing on a Saturday but were not a big successful club like you boys although we do keep the core of our team season in and season out, Some leave to try other avenues but are always welcome back and they know they have to pay, It is unfortunate but clubs like us need to pay our way to survive in the leagues and we do not charge or ask for money just to watch a game of football like we were the other week when we did not have a game and went to watch your first team play (I have to say I’m not sure who was collecting the money that day but we were all in our tracksuit tops and the look we got for not putting our hands in our pockets was disgraceful bearing in mind we share the same pitch and have paid for the privilege) Redruth have been doing a very good job over the last 15 years and long may it continue although I appreciate you did not mention the teams that charge and you have said nothing about our club so lets not get into anything to serious here ok fella all I am doing is having my say which I am entitled to as I am sure you will appreciate

I have not seen many of your boys drinking in the legion of late does your second team drink elsewhere as I thought it was the whole club that came back to the legion, I know Portreath tried to go elsewhere for a drink maybe thinking the grass was greener and of course when it did not work out you came back although were glad to accommodate you as there is plenty of room and the banter is good

Anyway chap as already stated a great singing in matt and enjoy the rest of the season, I’m sure with him on board it will not be long before you’re out of the bottom half of the table

All the best

Guest bundithegreat

cockerney boy i totally agree that teams do have to charge to stay alive in these leagues and i bet in the ideal situation no one would charge anyone to play, but luckily we have the sponsorship in place to cover the ref and pitch so that is ideal and makes life so much easier on a saturday not chasing people for money.

to be honest buddy i didnt know the first team charged you to watch the game especially as seen as the pitch is half yours, so really if they did they would have to give you guys half the money really????

plus its a public place anyone can go up there and watch so good on ya for not paying a penny, i wouldnt if i was you guys!!!!!

good luck to you boys today, will be a tough one but you guys deserve a new trophy in your cabinet you have got good guys in your club and it is well run, to be honest mate about drinking after i definately dont go after as i have to be at work at 6 on a saturday otherwise they will make me work during the day and that is a definate no go!!!!!!!

matt has transfered from trevenson which i can confirm did complete this morning ready for todays game, but he cannot play due to missus and xmas shopping commitments which he doenst want to break his promise with her!!!!

will be in the team next week for newlyn away and be good to see him in a portreath shirt after about 5 years of chasing!!!!!

one again good luck to all the redruth guys in todays junior cup, your a club portreath respect and have had some good battles with over the years, so go do it guys!!!!!!!!

Guest THEROCK

I remember playing for Portreath when it was founded, then once again2 seasons ago. Each time Bundi was always after Matty but Matty was always loyal to Trevenson. So credit where it is due for him. There aren't many young players about that would have stayed at Trevenson for that long, especially with what Portreath have had to offer por the past few seasons!

Having been at Trevenson for the past 5 seasons now, Matt always impressed me by his loyalty to the club despite offers from "better" teams (although I have to say in my opinion not better clubs). It's a shame that at this particular time more so than any other we needed Matt's loyalty for obvious reasons. Good luck Matt, you know how much we all think of you, you're a top bloke!!!! (And if things don't work out at Portreath we will welcome you back with open arms)