Cornwall Football Forum

Dean Stamp

He had a good run in the side before he left. I think he scored in his last 6 games running. As it is, he is a striker, and all strikers need that first goal to break in and find confidence. He did it in a very fortunate way but it set him off. Good lad in the changing rooms and although he should have been first team with his price tag, he acted as if he was a long term member of our reserves dressing room and will be missed by all of us anyway!

But Truro City paid £10,000 for him, surely he has something to offer.

Totally agree. Dean Stamp played against us towards the end of last season. We were playing well and had put together a good run of form. Dean had four chances (of which two were half-chances) in the first ten minutes or so and we were 4-0 down. There is absolutely no doubt that the guy can score goals and Truro obviously saw something that indicated potential.

I guess things don't work out for everyone and when you consider the fee there were always going to be people looking to knock the guy, some justifiable comments and some jealousy. Credit where it is due, I hope he settles well at his new club and finds the form that he showed glimpses of last season.

As for Biscan, a Champions League medal winner... well...

you underestimate Biscan, a talisman in our victory against Leverkusen without Gerrard!!

Traore's a Champs League winner as well, and Dossena's an Italian International!!!

With regards to Stamp, I'm sure if there wasn't a £10,000 price tag on his head then no one would have said anything. 5th choice striker at Exeter City though wouldnt warrant that price!

David May, Jonathan Greening have Champions League winners medals, squad players! Thats shocking but all clubs need guys like these and Biscan, Traore etc.

John Terry also has a medal from Champions league hahahahahaha only a LOSERS though :yahoo:

Perhaps attitude is why Stamp didnt make it at Truro, if you act like a big time charlie at a small club your'e not going to last long!