Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash 10 Holsworthy 0

Guest st george9

what sort of state are holsworthy in? we have seen what happen to padstow in the east cornwall getting beat in double figures , are holsworthy struggling as well??

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League Premier Division Tues Oct 28

1 Buckland 12 8 3 1 36 18 18 27

2 Ivybridge 12 8 2 2 34 18 16 26

3 Launceston 12 8 1 3 36 26 10 25

4 Bodmin 9 7 1 1 24 5 19 22

5 Parkway 12 6 3 3 34 15 19 21

6 Tavistock 9 7 0 2 16 12 4 21

7 Saltash 12 6 2 4 31 16 15 20

8 Dartmouth 11 6 2 3 22 15 7 20

9 Torpoint 14 6 2 6 26 32 -6 20

10 Clyst 10 5 2 3 25 20 5 17

11 St Blazey 10 5 1 4 21 21 0 16

12 Newton Spurs 12 4 2 6 20 22 -2 14

13 Wadebridge 9 3 3 3 11 13 -2 14

14 Cullompton 8 4 0 4 16 13 3 12

15 Witheridge 11 1 3 7 9 16 -7 6

16 Liskeard 9 2 0 7 9 21 -12 6

17 Elburton 10 1 1 8 12 31 -19 4

18 Holsworthy 13 1 1 11 13 55 -42 4

19 Newton Abbot 8 2 1 5 10 19 -9 3

20 Falmouth 9 1 0 8 9 26 -17 3

Guest bigdawg1

what sort of state are holsworthy in? we have seen what happen to padstow in the east cornwall getting beat in double figures , are holsworthy struggling as well??

well what can u say,apart from holsworthy are an obsolute joke and im being nice, they had no shape, domonic burns in the middle....why ??? they lacked everything a football team needs, nobody wanted the ball , there was no movement..... the ball wouldnt stick up top, i mean this could go on forever. As for saltash they looked solid, Holsworthy never looked like scoring . Overall a VERY VERY POOR team

The last victory away from Upcott Field for Holsworthy was 22nd Sept.07 when they won 1-0 at Buckland Athletic.

Since then Holsworthy have lost 15 and drawn 4 on their SWPL travels.

This score was a record SWPL(P) victory Home/Away and beats the previous scoreline of

St.Blazey 8 Cullompton Rangers 0 of last season.

Not good for the league scores like this. Feel sorry for Holsworthy being on the end of a score like that. Its almost like being back to junior football. Lets hope it was a one off, as any more like this would reduce the value of the league, maybe!

Not good for the league!!!! How about credit for scoring 10 in a match and setting a new record, im sure if Parkway scored a hatful, you'd be singing their praises.

Its worth an extra point at the end of the season if goal difference comes into play!!!!!!

Not good for the league scores like this. Feel sorry for Holsworthy being on the end of a score like that. Its almost like being back to junior football. Lets hope it was a one off, as any more like this would reduce the value of the league, maybe!

Not good for the league!!!! How about credit for scoring 10 in a match and setting a new record, im sure if Parkway scored a hatful, you'd be singing their praises.

Its worth an extra point at the end of the season if goal difference comes into play!!!!!!

Well i played in our (parkways) game away at holesworthy in september and we beat them 6-1, i would say that is more than a comefortable win borderin on a "hatful". I would expect the top half of the league to have picked up 6 points by the end of the season against holesworthy. Congrats to both saltash AND parkway then.

<_< You both seem to ignor the word 'maybe' at the end of my words. Therfor it was a question, would results like this reduce the standing of the league. You both don't seem to think so - fair enough. Of course it could be worth 3 points, of course Saltash did well - but that wasn't the question. I was looking for a deeper response, mmmmmmmmm :(

Holsworthy deserve much better. The Club's Board are very keen and supportive but they must bite the bullit and have a clean sweep of both Manager(s) and Players. Too many less than average non Holsworthy players. Local player Ian Rowe may wear his heart on his sleeve and may call a spade a ****, but he does care about Holsworthy. He may upset a few players with his "frankness" but they could do with him taking over as Manager. No side of Ian's would lose 10-0. Either bite the bullit or quitely go down to one of the much lower divisions?

HENRY HORNET

Guest bigdawg1

''Holsworthy deserve much better. The Club's Board are very keen and supportive but they must bite the bullit and have a clean sweep of both Manager(s) and Players. Too many less than average non Holsworthy players.''

ok lets say have a clean sweep of all the players and manager and introduced mainly holsworthy players there, u would be left with the holsworthy second team, thats nothing to shout about as they struggle to withhold there own in east cornwall div 1, there simply is not enough quality up there to build a team around holsworthy based players else they would of already, as for Ian Rowe as manager well thats proberly a step in the right direction for him as his playing days are surely over after seeing him on a number of occasion

Bigdawg1, I really hope for your sake that Rower doesn't have internet access up there on his farm, 'coz if he has, you will soon be known as Big'dead'dawg1!!!

I'd certainly like to see you tell him face to face that you think his playing days are over!!

Guest bigdawg1

Now why would you go and say something like that ???? does that have anything to do with football ? bit of a pointless comment really. Is this not what football forums are for ? expressing your views ?.....yes i thought so, im sure u have your own on thoughts and feelings on certain individuals.

<_< You both seem to ignor the word 'maybe' at the end of my words. Therfor it was a question, would results like this reduce the standing of the league. You both don't seem to think so - fair enough. Of course it could be worth 3 points, of course Saltash did well - but that wasn't the question. I was looking for a deeper response, mmmmmmmmm :(

ok m8, yeah i would say that results like this are not good for the league but in most leagues at all standards there are always gonna be results like this. some team is goin to come bottom and be replaced by another team trying there hand at this standard, so there is not really anythin that can be done. just part of football. Hope holsworthy pick up tho! :)

:unsure: Why does TimmyRaa only sing when he's winning never when they draw or LOSE :glare::glare:

As and when i can get on here my friend. I know it may seem i only post when the Ashes win, but i will promise that i will comment on every game, happy!!

If you are after some comments for other teams in the league:

Torpoint battled really well on Saturday and deserved the draw,

Holsworthy were probably the poorest team in the league, but respect is due to Them for having a go with the team they have got, however the short guy up front would probably get a few goals if there was any sort of supply.

The best team we have played this year by quite a way are Tavistock. Fairly young, strong all over the pitch, and with Hobbs back, im sure they wil be upmthere end of the season.

I doubt the Ashes will be winning the league this year, but i would much prefer Tavi to win it ahead of Bodmin, mainly because Tavi played the best football, and i just dont like Bodmin!!

as a player who is from north cornwall (not far from holsworthy) it has always amazed me how little interest holsworthy have payed in players from the local areas, morwenstow have done really well in recent seasons, bude have good young players and there are other teams around with good players that holsworthy just seem to ignore, i have read on the site recently about a lad who played for truro who played in falmouth helston 2 last season playing against tiverton for truro, thats a big step up but with attitude and the right guidance it shows wats possible. unfortunately holsworthy seemed to go down the same route as a lot of teams and have tried to bring players in from the plymouth area with no real succes bein gained from it, i honestly believe the local lads from this area could have done better if they had been given the chance.

Now why would you go and say something like that ???? does that have anything to do with football ? bit of a pointless comment really. Is this not what football forums are for ? expressing your views ?.....yes i thought so, im sure u have your own on thoughts and feelings on certain individuals.

Well Bigdawg1 my sense of humourless friend, if you know anything about Ian Rowe then you will understand my comment. He loves his football and would certainly have something to say about your statement if he read it regardless of whether you are a bigdawg or not!!

And yes your quite right, football forums are for expressing your views and thats precisely what I done in a light hearted reply to yours.