Cornwall Football Forum

Bye Bye Ramos

Off BBC WEBSITE 11:00PM SATURDAY

Tottenham sack Ramos and Comolli

Tottenham Hotspur have sacked coach Juande Ramos, along with sporting director Damien Comolli.

Spurs have also parted company with first team coaches Gus Poyet and Marcos Alvarez, following the team's long string of poor results.

The club also confirmed that Portsmouth have agreed to allow Harry Redknapp to talk to Tottenham about the vacancy.

Backroom staff-members Clive Allen and Alex Inglethorpe will take charge of Sunday's match against Bolton.

The club confirmed the clear-out in a statement on their website.

Spurs are bottom of the Premier League after taking just two points from their opening eight matches this season.

Ramos' last game in charge was Thursday's defeat to Udinese in the Uefa Cup.

Big surprise,at the timing of this.There were big plans for protests at the Lane today.

At least the Director of Football System has gone.

Harry Redknapp is English,and not bad at his job.

He will be at the game today.

So all we can do as Spurs fans,is get behind Harry and the boys today,and get 3pts.

The Lane will be buzzing.

cant believe what i have woken up to this morning.im glad we got rid of comolli but unsure about ramos.

we screwed him this season by getting rid of our best players & not replacing them.

as for harry,he has a great record & can keep a team up :thumbsup:

also english so knows what to expect & is great at motivating players.only have to look at portsmouth to see what a great job he has done.finally we can start this season

Harry hasn't taken the job yet!

Remember that he has turned down approaches for his services from other clubs.

He HAS Nige mate. The compensation of £5million to Portsmouth was too good for them to turn down and he has said "It will all be sorted out and I will be in place by sunday morning, it's a great opportunity for me and a chance to be in charge at a big club before I retire".

The guy has got his work cut out because Spurs aren't going to get any points against Bolton today. They will be too strong for our gutless and lightweight midfield and Kevin Davies will have a field day because We've got no fit defenders.

poor guy has got his work cut out as i too cant see us getting anything from bolton today,then next up is arsenal,liverpool &man city.

cant believe we convinced him to come over to us when we are in this position with these games coming up.

hopefully old deadly ledley will be back playing the league games instead of the cups because thats where we need him right now.screw the cups,i can handle a trophyless season to see us stay in the premier league

poor guy has got his work cut out as i too cant see us getting anything from bolton today,then next up is arsenal,liverpool &man city.

cant believe we convinced him to come over to us when we are in this position with these games coming up.

hopefully old deadly ledley will be back playing the league games instead of the cups because thats where we need him right now.screw the cups,i can handle a trophyless season to see us stay in the premier league

Quite agree about the cups 5legs, hardly the most important thing in the world tight now are they.. Glad you agree with me about us being unlikely to get anything from the Bolton game aswell. I'm not being a doom merchant, I'm just being realistic and know that we rarely get anything from the more physical teams.

It's going to be quite a baptism of fire I think when Harry takes full control for his first game against "Le Arse", and that will be yet another concerning evening for me infront of the TV at my clubhouse :( .

It's going to be good to get a proper look, close hand, at the now legendary man motivation skills of Arry "twitch" Redknapp. Boy is he going to need them to even get close to getting Spurs out of this huge pile of excrement.

I think it will take harry redknapp a few games to settle in but there are no easy games in the premiership

When the fixtures came out im sure most teams would have thought that 3 points was a dead cert against Hull city and look at them flying high and already turned over some good side this season, Yes i agree the Spuds have had a bad start but now with redknapp in charge i think they will stay up for sure

As a West Ham fan i was looking forward to playing the spuds this season but now im not so sure

I feel sorry for Ramos because having won them the carling cup last season then having some good quality players sold without his consent he had a tough job on his hands but on the other hand i expect the spuds team is still worth more than Hull citys so it is hard to compare and answer why they have had such a bad time, The only thing i can think of is that there was more going on at the spuds than the papers were saying

Football is a funny old game as someone once said to the saint but that is why we love it :D

coopsie my friend you said at the end of last season lets judge ramos after a year so lets have your verdict. also will harry bring the mighty tony adams with him and if he does will he play :D

To be honest I don't remember saying that and It certainly doesn't sound like something I'd say. However, I'm more than happy to answer your question...

Football is a results based business. His results have been SHIT (I think 3 league wins since the cup victory?). Therefore the outcome is nothing less than he deserved and even the man himself said so.

Donkey Adams would NEVER go to Spurs in any capacity whatsoever and I personally think he'll be given a shot at the Portsmouth job..

January will be interesting because I reckon Defoe will be back :thumbsup: , hopefully Diarra to come aswell :thumbsup: , along with Distin :unsure: . Harry has said himself that Spurs have too many ball players and need to get some steel and grafters in amongst them because there is NO BALANCE whatsoever in the team.

So he's already done better than our last 2 managers because it appears that they never noticed this problem. Although every Spurs supporter in the world knew it. Harry is certainly making all the right noises and I'm liking the way he's looking to employ ex Tottenham players and people associated with the club because it means we maintain (or regain) our identity because the people have an afinity with the club.

Seeing as I was glaringly wrong about the Bolton result (happy General ;) ), I'm now going to predict that the Goons give us a battering on wednesday.

Harry is going to be tested to the limit,with the next 3 Premier fixtures,Scum,Liverpool home,Man City away.

We really need to continue picking up points,I know it will be hard,but Harry has said 9 pts from the next

3 games will help.Thats positve.

Chuck Liverpool in the Carling Cup,and Dinamo Zagreb in the UEFA Cup amongst the League fixtures

and Harry has come in at a crucial time for sure.

Good luck Harry and the boys.

COYS.

its going to pain me to say this but unfortunately i can only see an ARSEnal win against us tomorrow.

this even more so due to the fact that the curse which is garath bale is eligible to play again after his suspension. :o

but then again i was wrong with the bolton game so can i be wrong again?

now excuse me while i go & wash my mouth out because i have said something a spurs supporter should never say.

SORRY ABOUT THAT BOYS

COYS :clapper:

its going to pain me to say this but unfortunately i can only see an ARSEnal win against us tomorrow.

this even more so due to the fact that the curse which is garath bale is eligible to play again after his suspension. :o

but then again i was wrong with the bolton game so can i be wrong again?

now excuse me while i go & wash my mouth out because i have said something a spurs supporter should never say.

SORRY ABOUT THAT BOYS

COYS :clapper:

Nothing wrong with being realistic 5legs. I also expect us to come away from the immigrants stadium with sweet fa. It's nothing shameful about doubting our team at the moment, it's not as though we're inundated with reasons to be optimistic right now. I think that first and foremost we should get these few tricky games out of the way (Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City) and then build from there and concentrate on staying in the league and preparing for next season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Im afraid,Ive got a feeling.I have not got negative vibes about tonight.

All the pressure is on the scum,they are expected to win by a comfortable margin.

Their home record is'nt what it should be.

The last 2 games at the immagrants,Spurs lost the league game and were very unlucky.

Went there in the Carling Cup and played them off the park.

Harry will have the team prepared,organised and motivated.

I feel we will get something tonight.

So dont be to gloomy my fellow yids.

I will accept your plaudits,when you congratulate me on my prediction.

I will be only too happy to shower you with complimentary plaudits and words of worship IF your prediction proves correct somersetspur. :c:

Good point made aswell, the one about all the pressure being on Le Arse.

Im afraid,Ive got a feeling.I have not got negative vibes about tonight.

All the pressure is on the scum,they are expected to win by a comfortable margin.

Their home record is'nt what it should be.

The last 2 games at the immagrants,Spurs lost the league game and were very unlucky.

Went there in the Carling Cup and played them off the park.

Harry will have the team prepared,organised and motivated.

I feel we will get something tonight.

:clapper::clapper: :c:

Yes I know its only the start.Got tickets for Liverpool as well.

It all seems to be happening, since Ramos was sacked.

Levy has annouced plans for a new 60,000 stadium,next to White Hart Lane.

Apparently Tottenham,over the last 5 years have been buying a lot of property around the White Hart Lane

area.

60 transactions have been completed with Spurs aquiring 40 residential properties and 160 commercials.

That is quite a bit of land.

Critics are saying,will we fill it.The answer is Spurs have a Season Ticket waiting list of 22,000.

Answer that.

Seems to be good news all the time.

Lets hope the Harry bandwaggon continues on Saturday.

As a Chelsea supporter I woukd like to give my best wishes to Harry and all supporters of THFC. I have always like the style of play and seen many excellent matches at WHL. I was very impressed with the display at the Bridge this season and THFC thoroughly deserved their point. Even Gomes had a good game. I think Huddlestone is a gem and sure we could get a blue shirt to fit him! I'm not sure how many there would be on the waiting list for a Championship side but I don't think it will happen.

Yes I agree with the last 2 posts.

Our best 2 away performances were at Chelsea and Ar5ena1.

There is still a lot of work to do,but at least we are picking up some points now,which was vital.

Robinson was not my favourite at times,but I think he gets the nod over Gomes.

Redknapp has been enquiring about Ben Foster.?

So he is aware of the problem.

firstly i must congratulate you on your prediction mr somersetspur,wish i had the same belief as you :clapper:

now for our mr gomes.i know the guys not the best but i actually prefer him to robbo.

at least if someone shoots at him he makes an effort to reach it even if he doesn't actually get there,where robbo would always be rooted to the spot.

i think he has made some class saves for us but he is a reliability whenever a cross comes in.

a major thing you need your keeper to be good at is dealing with crosses.

good old harry has probably got something up his sleeve knowing what hes like so our keeping problem could be sorted by january.

• 1 month later...

poor old ramos is going to be the next real madrid coach.

unfortunately when you leave a REALLY big club you have to start from the bottom of the football ladder again!

i have tried looking them up but couldn't find out anything about them.they dont have much of a history.

i think they have won the european cup a few times but everyone knows that the eufa cup is the main competition.

hopefully he will do well there as even though it didnt work out to well with us i still believe he is a good coach.

at least he wont have commoli buying his players for him.

Yes it looks like Mr.Ramos is taking a step backwards.

He is a good manager,his record at Sevilla,speaks for itself.

Just did'nt work out at Spurs for him,Commolli,the language barrier,were just a couple of reasons for his

disappointing time at the Lane.

We must remember the good times he provided for us in the Carling Cup success.

So good luck,Juande Ramos.